04-20-09, 03:37 PM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If that truly is the case, then it looks like there's something wrong in the AutoBar code, then. Because it never got that high for me when I used to use it. I don't think it gets that high for my hubby ever, either, and he still uses it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-20-09, 04:30 PM   #2
Oakayam
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
If that truly is the case, then it looks like there's something wrong in the AutoBar code, then. Because it never got that high for me when I used to use it. I don't think it gets that high for my hubby ever, either, and he still uses it.
Actually right after first update in 3.1 embedded was running 8 MiB and climbed to 15 while sitting idle. I disabled it then figuring I will wait for release version.
I can confirm however 4 MiB is normal. I have about 4 custom buttons but other then that my autobar is pretty vanilla. I don't know what is making it work so hard :P

Last edited by Oakayam : 04-20-09 at 04:46 PM.
04-20-09, 04:36 PM   #3
Fatbeard
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Opie is what I use now. It's not quite as auto as auto-bar but it doesn't use near the resources.
04-20-09, 05:17 PM   #4
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Yeah, I used Autobar a long time ago, and I decided to try it again recently. It was using up too many resources so I had to uninstall it. :/
04-20-09, 05:40 PM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

As a Druid (was my main), I couldn't imagine only having 120 buttons and not having autobar. I tried replacing once, I was left feeling empty inside afterward. It just worked... like a mule on a farm in the 1800's.

That said, even using all the features given, plus a few custom items, I can't remember ever going above 2-3Mb, and yes, I paid attention. I haven't played since Ulduuar came out, though, so was there a change that jumped it then, or has this been an ongoing issue?
04-25-09, 09:06 PM   #6
xtoq
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as for me, Auto Bar can jump up to 36 megs. After a garbage collection it drops back down to 3-4 megs. Sit around idle, go afk, check it again, 24 megs. Garbage collection, back to 3 megs.

I too only have a few custom buttons, but eve so, it shouldn't be using this much memory. I'm posting on the Auto Bar comments too, but thought I'd post here as well.

Screenshot of 36 meg usage: http://images.wowstead.com/10855/192.jpg
04-25-09, 09:26 PM   #7
Maul
Ion Engines, Engage!

If AutoBar is the Ace addon with the most current libraries, all the other Ace addons that load after (since it starts with 'A', it means most of them) AutoBar will get the "blame" for all the other addons using the libraries that AutoBar loaded.

If I were Toad, I would probably rename the addon ZautoBar Let some other Ace addon get the blame for a while

Twitter: @IonMaul | Windows Live: [email protected] | Google Talk: [email protected]
04-25-09, 11:12 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by xtoq View Post
As far as for me, Auto Bar can jump up to 36 megs. After a garbage collection it drops back down to 3-4 megs. Sit around idle, go afk, check it again, 24 megs. Garbage collection, back to 3 megs.

I too only have a few custom buttons, but eve so, it shouldn't be using this much memory. I'm posting on the Auto Bar comments too, but thought I'd post here as well.

Screenshot of 36 meg usage: http://images.wowstead.com/10855/192.jpg
With no addons except Autobar. Never jumped any higher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_042509_220419.jpg
Views:	1448
Size:	368.4 KB
ID:	2562  

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » autobar replacement