06-03-09, 10:46 AM   #1
Robsato
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why is Minion waiting for another addon?

After letting Minion detects all addons there are 2 that keep the status "Waiting for xxx" where xxx is another addon. In my case these 2 are:

"NugMinipet by d87" which has status "Waiting for NugMount..."
NugMount and NugMinipet are from the same author but do not have any dependency on eachother. NugMount has the status "Version 2.1.2 available", but I have some local modifications in NugMount so I am not intending to update NugMount.

"Broker [Factions] by Tristanian" which has the status "Waiting for Broker: Recount". Also these addons have no dependency that I am aware of. "Broker: Recount" also has status "Version 0.21" available, but since it is the wrong broker recount I won't be updating that also.

I guess it will disappear when I update addons it is waiting for, but I am still wondering why it is waiting on the other addons.
06-03-09, 08:43 PM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
It's waiting because they are candidates for being dependent. The only time it waits is if it thinks there's a possibility that they are dependent upon each other and thus wants to double-check. If you were to update, it would realize that they aren't dependent and then proceed normally.

I'm looking at ways around this right now, but still debating exactly how I want to do it as it's a significant design change.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-03-09, 11:42 PM   #3
Raistlan
Premium Member
Premium Member
This is really painful when you've permenantly ignored the addon it's mistakenly waiting on [I use Curse Clients for a lot of my addons and have them ignored permenantly in MMOUI Minion].
06-04-09, 08:28 AM   #4
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
I believe there's already a bug report open for that case :P
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-04-09, 09:43 AM   #5
Robsato
A Murloc Raider
Doh, I didn't realize I could ignore addons. With ignore once it indeed updates. When I ignore it permanently I get into the case described by Raistlan.

I thought that dependencies of addons were taken care of through the "## Dependencies/RequiredDeps/OptionalDeps" lines in the toc of an addon. Or are there other cases where addons depend on eachother?

I mean, those lines in the toc should be reliable.
06-04-09, 07:11 PM   #6
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Suffice to say, they aren't as reliable as you might think. They are capable of producing a significant quantity of both Type I and Type II errors, to the point where you're better off just using heuristics.

In any case, there's a new strategy I'll be trying out soon.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

/(bb|[^b]{2})/

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » Why is Minion waiting for another addon?