01-21-10, 06:13 PM   #1761
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
This is the most recent screenshot I've got available of my interface, though I have some tweaks planned and some tweaks done since that was taken, namely the atlas icon isn't randomly hanging out by the minimap but is instead in a kgpanel of its own above questclicks there by the chat window.

*grumble* stupid Picasa *grumble*

Last edited by harrellj : 01-21-10 at 06:23 PM.

01-21-10, 06:57 PM   #1762
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
May I suggest (if you haven't already)...

- changing some of your bar textures so that they match across all addons
- changing the location of the raid target icon on your tooltip (it's currently mostly off-screen)
- changing the word "level" to "lvl" on that tab above your chat frame, so that the text fits inside the box
- hiding your micro menu until mouseover
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-22-10, 01:07 AM   #1763
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
May I suggest (if you haven't already)...

- changing some of your bar textures so that they match across all addons
- changing the location of the raid target icon on your tooltip (it's currently mostly off-screen)
- changing the word "level" to "lvl" on that tab above your chat frame, so that the text fits inside the box
- hiding your micro menu until mouseover
As weird as it is, most of my bars use the same texture, or at least, I've tried to do so. I see what you mean in that screenshot though, so am definitely going to double-check the settings.

And can't change the text of "level", that is actually my tracking menu and shows my normal "find ore/find herbs" fine. Been working on loremaster lately and not farming as much. Interesting that you mention those tabs though, general/log are kgpanels scripted to be clickable, the chat icon is actually WIM (thanks to Fortress), and of course, we have SLDT providing the gold/tracking information.

I honestly never even noticed that my tooltip had the raid target icons, hrm... gotta find that setting.

Hate mouseover effects, but having key combos to bring it up would definitely look better.

Thanks for the crit

Last edited by harrellj : 01-22-10 at 01:14 AM.

01-22-10, 01:15 AM   #1764
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Got rid of the black panels and switched to something a little more elegant and simple. C&C as always, is welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012110_192305.jpg
Views:	1081
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	3875  

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!

Last edited by Landrell : 01-22-10 at 01:15 AM. Reason: fail grammar fails!

01-22-10, 08:39 AM   #1765
Dawn
A Molten Giant

The art is nice, I like it, but that "thin box" ... It let's me freak out.

As a side note, It's funny how often I see overlapping bars, lately.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

01-22-10, 10:26 AM   #1766
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
Haha, yeah, it's the latest "trend" in interfaces. I saw it for the first time on the official UI forums (EU), but I believe pHishr did something similar before too.

01-22-10, 04:28 PM   #1767
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
The art is nice, I like it, but that "thin box" ... It let's me freak out.

LoL! I couldn't help myself. I have tried and copied Seerah's style at one point on how she does her health and mana but I just couldn't get used to the layout. It's just one of those things about my UI that I tend to get really picky about and I can't help but constantly mess with it now!

01-22-10, 04:52 PM   #1768
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
My UI :P

The box to the left of the bars is Skada DPS, and the one on the right is Skada Threat. The box on the far right is Cellular, for whispers. I use Carbonite for map/questhelper thingy. This is my first submission to WoWInterface, so C&C would be greatly appreciated Now I give you... ZagUI!

01-22-10, 05:01 PM   #1769
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Haha, yeah, it's the latest "trend" in interfaces. I saw it for the first time on the official UI forums (EU), but I believe pHishr did something similar before too.
I think the first one was an oUF layout which put the power behind the health bar. I personally did it a little different with oUF_viv 1-3, I put the ToT behind target and the pet behind player. It can look neat, but you can easily overuse it, too.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

01-22-10, 05:23 PM   #1770
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
I do post on EU though

I don't think I was the first though. Like Dawn said, it was probably an oUF layout, but I personally got the idea from someone who had put their tot inside the target frame(I think it was Waverian or Dawn, not sure...) and then my creativity just went along.

But yeah, I don't want to take full credit for expanding the idea, but once the idea is out there it spreads like FIRE

01-22-10, 05:48 PM   #1771
Amenity
Originally Posted by Landrell View Post
Got rid of the black panels and switched to something a little more elegant and simple. C&C as always, is welcome!
Landrell, I have searched everywhere I could think of trying to find a vignette-esque texture like the one you use and can't find anything that's half as good as that. PLAES HALP. (personal use only, of course...not for REMIX)

Oh, and I decided today that REMIX is going in a new direction. Yep...I'm jumping headfirst into the "Minimalist-UI-with-oUF" bandwagon.

Frames are modified oUF_Classic:

I think I've outdone myself this time!

01-22-10, 06:26 PM   #1772
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Amenity View Post
Landrell, I have searched everywhere I could think of trying to find a vignette-esque texture like the one you use and can't find anything that's half as good as that. PLAES HALP. (personal use only, of course...not for REMIX)

Lawlz! Hello Kitty!? That's awesome in a sort of freaky and weird yet cool sort of way.

If you're referring to the borders to my latest screenshot, I had to hunt down some vector art and just embellished them a little further to fit what I was looking for. The stencils can be found here and here. They're the artist and as far as I know, there are no contingents in using these stencils that they have created. Just giving fair credit where credit is due.

01-22-10, 06:40 PM   #1773
Amenity
Lawlz! Hello Kitty!? That's awesome in a sort of freaky and weird yet cool sort of way.

If you're referring to the borders to my latest screenshot, I had to hunt down some vector art and just embellished them a little further to fit what I was looking for. The stencils can be found here and here. They're the artist and as far as I know, there are no contingents in using these stencils that they have created. Just giving fair credit where credit is due.
Yeah, it started out as a joke because someone posted "you should make this in pink" in the oUF_Classic comments. Then haste told me it "needs more hello kitty", so... And really once you get past all the pink it's not a bad arrangement. I ran a quick 5-man just as a moment of hilarity and it worked ok.

And I should've been more specific. I mean the shadowy part that is the screen equivalent of an "old paper" type of thing. Ugh...I'm doing a really crappy job of description here. What I basically mean is the part of your overlay that isn't lines and squigglies and stuffs.

01-22-10, 07:39 PM   #1774
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Pink Deathknight Kitty UI, FTW!

01-23-10, 04:38 AM   #1775
TombiLee
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Amenity View Post

Oh, and I decided today that REMIX is going in a new direction. Yep...I'm jumping headfirst into the "Minimalist-UI-with-oUF" bandwagon.

Frames are modified oUF_Classic:
<snip>

I think I've outdone myself this time!

I like it! Needs more pink though :P

Edit:

I've made a lot of pink UI's myself, although they all suck I thought it would be nice to show them So here goes nothing!

Now you may laugh. For the pink!

Last edited by TombiLee : 01-23-10 at 04:52 AM.

01-23-10, 05:02 AM   #1776
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

It burns ussss!!! *scratches at eyes*

Seriously though, I'm really liking the last three in the list there as far as the pink UI's go. The setups are clean and well put together! Why am I all of a sudden wanting to do the most annoying color I can think of now as a UI?

01-23-10, 06:26 AM   #1777
Oakayam
Premium Member

It's an old texture called Screen Overlay. I cheat and make a panel that is just about the size of the screen resolution and put it behind the rest of the other panels. You can make one easily by just creating a 512x512 texture and adding an inward feathering technique to it via photoshop.

Any idea where I can grab one of these? I don't have access to photoshop.

Last edited by Oakayam : 01-23-10 at 06:28 AM.

01-23-10, 06:30 AM   #1778
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Oakayam View Post
Any idea where I can grab one of these? I don't have access to photoshop.
I second this (planning to make a little addon that does this, and only this)

01-23-10, 07:06 AM   #1779
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
I have one, I'll update Ferous Media with one. Hold on!

Edit - I updated Ferous Media with an Overlay texture.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rousMedia.html

The white is actually transparent so don't let it fool you!

Last edited by Ferous : 01-23-10 at 07:14 AM.

01-23-10, 08:40 AM   #1780
Oakayam
Premium Member

Woot! Thank you.

<3

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...