08-02-09, 08:10 PM   #1
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not "Working Out Of The Box"

Supposedly this addon works "out of the box" but unfortunately this is not the case.
I have not been able to find anyway of moving anything.
My minimap is still in the top right corner, the HUD is not showing up, the button to show recount and omen is, you guessed it, not working.
I have no idea if there is any slash commands or anything to enable these things because I cannot find any. Any help in getting this working would be great. I might even donate if it actually works.

And yes I have deleted all my addons and my entire WTF folder and it's still not working.

==EDIT==
I have found the slash commands but it was to no avail, my problems still persist.

Last edited by seancwatson : 08-02-09 at 08:33 PM.

08-02-09, 08:16 PM   #2
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

Here's a screenshot to better describe my problems

08-02-09, 08:38 PM   #3
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

what version are you running? Are you playing on a private server? It seems the load is being broken as your unit frames have not come up, do you have any nui plug ins installed or other add ons?

08-02-09, 09:45 PM   #4
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

Nope not a private server.
I'm using the nUI+ Beta (not the PTR version)
All I had was omen and recount
The result was the same with the current nUI and no other addons as well as a fresh WTF folder.

Thanks for the reply btw

08-02-09, 09:57 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Try using the version located here...http://www.wowinterface.com/download...UIRelease.html . It's the current release version which is also the stable one for live servers. The only "beta" version is the one being setup for the PTR. The "Dev" version is actually older than the "Release" by the version numbers.

Some people have reported that when they initially log into the game, their screens look like that also and ended up being resolved by doing "/nui rl" or completely relogging also.

For most other things, like the slash commands etc, check here in the nUI forums under the FAQ section. You'll find alot of information there. If it's not covered somewhere in those listings, by all means ask, usually someone knows

Last edited by Vis : 08-02-09 at 10:02 PM.

08-02-09, 10:03 PM   #6
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

Thumbs up

Oh man you are a godsend. If I could give you a cookie I would.
Apparently I thought I got the current one, but instead I just downloaded the ptr one twice. Total noob mistake. Cleared addons and installed the link you provided and bam works perfectly.

08-02-09, 10:06 PM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Very welcome And may I recommend trying out Skada instead of Recount/Omen too. I used to do the Recount/Omen route myself, until someone mentioned Skada to me.....long story short, I don't think I will ever use Recount or Omen again, Skada replaces them both and Scott integrated it into nUI's Infopanel also

Skada http://www.wowinterface.com/download...mageMeter.html

08-02-09, 10:10 PM   #8
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

Will do, I dislike omen but there really wasn't an alternative as far as I knew. I was using Diamond Threat but it's unusable now.

08-02-09, 10:15 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The way that Skada shows up in nUI is really neat. You will have two Skada panels inside the nUI Infopanel. The right pane always shows dps. The left hand pane is setup so that Out of Combat, it shows total damage, in combat, it shows Threat, very nicely laid out that way.

A side note on Skada also, be sure to try left and right clicks in the Skada windows, they act as controls. Right click is like a back button, left click will select. When you see the main list of possible views ( the usual dps, damage, healing, fail etc) by right clicking out, you will most likely be able to scroll down to see the rest. I know on my 22" widescreen, I cannot see the full list of main choices in Skada.

Enjoy

08-02-09, 10:29 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The only thing I have noticed that irks me somewhat with skada is that sometimes if I am not in the skada panel during combat and then switch to it to see how my healing has been going it won't set the headings up probably and the heading line seems to include the information for the first line as well as the heading. A simple back and forth click corrects it though.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-03-09, 01:41 AM   #11
Muloch
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I realised while downloading the NUI+, you should have like 280 files, when i first download it was 240 which i came to conlusion was a bad download cos i did not get the 25 and 40 man raid UI. After deleting and re downloading i manage to overcome it.

Double check on the files cos it should be around 280 files or more.
Anything lesser i pressume you would have problems here and there.

There is a list of slash commands that scott put up which i downloaded. You can check it out sorry in office cannot link too much to show you ^^
Hope it helps.

08-03-09, 05:25 AM   #12
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
The only thing I have noticed that irks me somewhat with skada is that sometimes if I am not in the skada panel during combat and then switch to it to see how my healing has been going it won't set the headings up probably and the heading line seems to include the information for the first line as well as the heading. A simple back and forth click corrects it though.
I've seen this too Xrystal and used the same fix, back and forth, lol.

08-03-09, 09:35 PM   #13
seancwatson
A Cyclonian

thanks guys I got my ui all set up nice. Moved from SpartanUI to this.
I'm digging it and skada so far hasn't cause any problems

Last edited by seancwatson : 08-03-09 at 09:39 PM.

08-04-09, 04:56 AM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by seancwatson View Post
thanks guys I got my ui all set up nice. Moved from SpartanUI to this.
I'm digging it and skada so far hasn't cause any problems
Glad to hear you are liking it

08-04-09, 04:58 PM   #15
Yagle
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I received the following error when I initally loaded up, but /nui rl erased the error.

I still wanted to post the Lua error.

Message: Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:244: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'baseAlpha' (a nil value)
Time: 08/04/09 15:49:01
Count: 1
Stack: [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:18: in function <[string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:4>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\WatchFrame.lua:244: in function `WatchFrame_ToggleIgnoreCursor'
[string "*:OnLoad"]:4: in function `setFunc'
Interface\FrameXML\InterfaceOptionsPanels.lua:56: in function `InterfaceOptionsPanel_CheckButton_Update'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Minimap.lua:317: in function `applyOptions'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Minimap.lua:505: in function `applySkin'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:243: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main\nUI.lua:137>

Locals: WatchFrame = WatchFrame {
buttonCache = <table> {
}
locked = true
0 = <userdata>
nextOffset = 0
lineCache = <table> {
}
}
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
(*temporary) = WatchFrame {
buttonCache = <table> {
}
locked = true
0 = <userdata>
nextOffset = 0
lineCache = <table> {
}
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = "attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'baseAlpha' (a nil value)"

08-04-09, 05:33 PM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
That is the same error my guildie received. Although I did not. Once he disabled deadlybossmods it worked fine. In my case DeadlyBossMods did error out but I have a buggrabber addon to trap the errors so it didn't bail on me.

Did you try using nUI on its own first ? Several dungeon, quest and combat log related addons may have problems due to the changes blizzard bought about but I have yet to see a major bug appear in nUI that existed with just nUI installed and repeatedly occur.

Characters:

08-05-09, 10:16 AM   #17
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I had the exact same problem as the initial poster. However I was using the most current version (nUI_5.05.00_Plus). Attached is a screenshot of how my UI looked "out of the box."

I did a /nui rl and it fixed some of the problems, but not all. After the reload my chat tabs were not labeled (and would not show labels if I tried to change them myself), not to mention the fonts still looked wrong. My info panel button in the bottom right no longer worked after the reload. The second screenshot is after the reload.

I really want to try this UI out because it looks good and is easy on the memory usage, but I can't figure out what the problem is. I followed the links provided elsewhere and did a totally clean install. Four times actually.

Anyone provide some insight?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My nUI.JPG
Views:	536
Size:	481.3 KB
ID:	3129  Click image for larger version

Name:	My nUI2.JPG
Views:	562
Size:	482.1 KB
ID:	3130  

08-05-09, 10:21 AM   #18
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, thats the problem I had once or twice .. but not since then.

What I did was to click on the button as if I was toggling through the infopanels.

Then I logged out and logged back in and the problem stopped happening.

All I can think of is that somehow it doesn't know what infopanel to default to but cannot fathom why it would have that problem now unless the combat log changes has affected the combat log infopanel.

Characters:

08-05-09, 10:54 AM   #19
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by scooch74 View Post
I really want to try this UI out because it looks good and is easy on the memory usage, but I can't figure out what the problem is. I followed the links provided elsewhere and did a totally clean install. Four times actually.

Anyone provide some insight?
Scooch -- if you disable EVERY mod you have except nUI itself (including the nUI plugins if you have any) -- does it load correctly?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-05-09, 10:55 AM   #20
scooch74
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
One thing I noticed in doing a clean install...after I deleted my Interface and WTF folders, I still had my old macros and keybindings saved when I logged in new. Shouldn't those all be erased when I delete my old folders? Is the game storing info somewhere I'm not looking that is causing conflict with the install? I use WinXP (LOL, fixed to XP) by the way...

Last edited by scooch74 : 08-05-09 at 11:06 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Not "Working Out Of The Box"