10-16-10, 07:53 PM   #1
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Show only old-style party frames in a raid-group.

That's it. I just need add-on that can hide new 4.0.1 - style raid frames (ok HideBlizz can do this, but it can't do next thing) and show me classic-style party frames. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
10-16-10, 08:19 PM   #2
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by lorti View Post
That's it. I just need add-on that can hide new 4.0.1 - style raid frames (ok HideBlizz can do this, but it can't do next thing) and show me classic-style party frames. Can anyone help me? Thanks.
You can do that from the default game options, if you're talking about 5mans.

No addon needed.
10-17-10, 05:55 AM   #3
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm talking about raid group. In 3.3.5 I was able to see only my party even if I was in 40ppl raid. There was no difference between being in 5 ppl party or being in 6-40 ppl raid, I always saw only my group. That's what I need.

If you want to ask me why - I really like the way I can see CC on my teammates on arenas through standart party frames with LoseControl add-on.
10-17-10, 09:41 AM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

As far as the "old style" no clue but you do not need a addon to hide the raid frames. On the left of your screen is a arrow hit that. it will open a slide box. you can click off the group numbers that you do now want to see and or hit "hide" to hide them all.
10-17-10, 12:21 PM   #5
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for your answer, but I knew that. I can hide raid frames, but I can't enable party-frames when I'm in raid. I can't see that my teammates are in CC through LoseControl (I mean icon of CC on their portrait) because of that.

Last edited by lorti : 10-17-10 at 12:24 PM.
10-17-10, 01:12 PM   #6
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

OK I was digging through the Blizzard UI.

I think you might be able to bring them up. May be able to bork the blizzard raid function and bring up the party frames. Ill repost if i can figure it out.
10-18-10, 05:00 AM   #7
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Anyone else? I don't think im the only one player who need this, and I don't think this is very difficult to do. No new functionality, just give me default party frames in raid, please. Thank you.
10-20-10, 05:45 AM   #8
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Bump this. I can't believe nobody can do it.
10-20-10, 06:12 AM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

After a few days of raiding and stuff. I don't think the old party frames exist anymore. I have not seen a bit of code on them in the blizzrd lua.

I think at this point you are going to want to be looking for a addon to recreate the look and feel of the old blizzard frames. I saw Squid unit frames a while ago that looked similar to the blizzard party frames.
10-20-10, 07:01 AM   #10
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
After a few days of raiding and stuff. I don't think the old party frames exist anymore. I have not seen a bit of code on them in the blizzrd lua.

I think at this point you are going to want to be looking for a addon to recreate the look and feel of the old blizzard frames. I saw Squid unit frames a while ago that looked similar to the blizzard party frames.
How can they don't exist if I always see them in party? But still, may be you can get some lua-code from 3.3.5 and make an add-on for 4.0.1 with that code?
10-24-10, 09:07 AM   #11
Custom
A Kobold Labourer
Show:
/run ShowPartyFrame()

Hide:
/run HidePartyFrame()

10-24-10, 11:01 AM   #12
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

the run command throws a error when your in a raid. I did not try disabling all my addons. But the error it was throwing was basically blizzard saying We disabled those frames when you came in the raid and no you can't have them back =P.

Now as i had previously stated we could possiably "BORK" the raid frames and kill all the blizzard functions associated with them basically telling the game to never make those function calls. <---- not sure if that makes sense to anyone else =P.

Below is the blizzard code I think would need to be "BORKED"

lua Code:
  1. function RaidOptionsFrame_UpdatePartyFrames()
  2.     if ( GetCVarBool("useCompactPartyFrames") or GetNumRaidMembers() > 0) then
  3.         HidePartyFrame();
  4.     else
  5.         HidePartyFrame();
  6.         ShowPartyFrame();
  7.     end
  8.     UpdatePartyMemberBackground();
  9. end

Last edited by Nobgul : 10-24-10 at 11:19 AM.
10-24-10, 01:00 PM   #13
lorti
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
the run command throws a error when your in a raid. I did not try disabling all my addons. But the error it was throwing was basically blizzard saying We disabled those frames when you came in the raid and no you can't have them back =P.

Now as i had previously stated we could possiably "BORK" the raid frames and kill all the blizzard functions associated with them basically telling the game to never make those function calls. <---- not sure if that makes sense to anyone else =P.

Below is the blizzard code I think would need to be "BORKED"

lua Code:
  1. function RaidOptionsFrame_UpdatePartyFrames()
  2.     if ( GetCVarBool("useCompactPartyFrames") or GetNumRaidMembers() > 0) then
  3.         HidePartyFrame();
  4.     else
  5.         HidePartyFrame();
  6.         ShowPartyFrame();
  7.     end
  8.     UpdatePartyMemberBackground();
  9. end
Can you do it? Or you mean someone else must do?
10-24-10, 01:04 PM   #14
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Why not just

Code:
local function showparty()
	ShowPartyFrame()
end

hooksecurefunc("RaidOptionsFrame_UpdatePartyFrames", showparty)
or

Code:
function RaidOptionsFrame_UpdatePartyFrames()
        HidePartyFrame();
        ShowPartyFrame();
    UpdatePartyMemberBackground();
end
Not sure if that'd actually work though.
10-24-10, 01:20 PM   #15
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Haleth,

It is throwing error's no matter what I tried. Like I had said it seems as if once you enter a raid and the raid ui is called, the party frames are somehow disabled to the point that you can't call them.
02-06-11, 11:17 AM   #16
Sjugosju
A Kobold Labourer
word

Originally Posted by lorti View Post
I'm lookin for the same thing, I just can't stand having the raid frames up during arena. I want the old ones!
Anyone figured how to solve this 'problem', yet?
02-06-11, 02:40 PM   #17
gorillaz09
A Murloc Raider
this is kinda old thread but i believe http://www.wowinterface.com/download...aitTimers.html can do that
08-02-11, 07:56 PM   #18
ineedmoney
A Kobold Labourer
i have been seaching for a way to get the old raid frame with no luck and i have had a ticket open for 3 weeks now. i am still waiting on a reply from a gm on how to get the old raid frame back
08-07-11, 11:43 AM   #19
Colgin
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by ineedmoney View Post
i have been seaching for a way to get the old raid frame with no luck and i have had a ticket open for 3 weeks now. i am still waiting on a reply from a gm on how to get the old raid frame back
Perry party frames. Best one I have come across.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...eFix.html#info

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Show only old-style party frames in a raid-group.