08-07-09, 01:46 PM   #1
oogrunt03
A Murloc Raider
Install

OK, so i went and looked at what the path is and still no luck. The patch i am using to install is C>Users>Public>Games>World Of Warcraft>Interface (now for some reason i have two interface files, one is just Interface and the other is Interface.20081017-155131)>AddOns>nUI_5.05.00_Plus

I am using Windows XP

08-07-09, 02:24 PM   #2
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by oogrunt03 View Post
OK, so i went and looked at what the path is and still no luck. The patch i am using to install is C>Users>Public>Games>World Of Warcraft>Interface (now for some reason i have two interface files, one is just Interface and the other is Interface.20081017-155131)>AddOns>nUI_5.05.00_Plus

I am using Windows XP
As far as I know if you are using Windows XP then the path should be

C>Program Files>World of Warcraft>Interface>Addons>nUI>nUI.toc
(note that the nUI_5.05.00_Plus folder is just the unzipped folder. You need to install the folder 'nUI' that is inside there.

The other file path should only be for Vista users. I had the same second Interface folder at one point. I didn't do it but something caused it to save a back up of my interface folder..I think it was with the 3.1 patch. You need to install your mods in the folder without the date stamp in the name.

08-07-09, 02:52 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The date stamp folder is more likely a backup from the last time you had to do a repair to wow.

I haven't used XP in a long while but perhaps to alleviate confusion it now asks to install to users/public on XP too. That however I don't know for sure.

But yes, as has been pointed out already you need to copy the folder named just nUI with no other letters or numbers after it inside the interface\addons folder.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-07-09, 03:16 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by oogrunt03 View Post

I am using Windows XP
Be sure that it looks like this World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\nUI

and not like anything like this World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\nUI_5.03.13_Dev

08-07-09, 04:31 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

I haven't used XP in a long while but perhaps to alleviate confusion it now asks to install to users/public on XP too. That however I don't know for sure
I am using XP now and I do not even have a c:\users folder, lol. WoW hasn't ever prompted me to change either.

08-08-09, 12:56 AM   #6
oogrunt03
A Murloc Raider
solved

Sweet. i got it all to work. thx everyone for the help

08-08-09, 06:18 AM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post

I haven't used XP in a long while but perhaps to alleviate confusion it now asks to install to users/public on XP too. That however I don't know for sure.
I missed this yesterday. As far as I am aware, Wow shouldn't be asking that during install on an XP machine (although there is certainly nothing wrong with having it there). It should only be asking that on Vista machines due to all of the issues and hassles of it being previously in the Program Files folder. XP does not have the UAC, so it should still default to the Program Files folder.

08-08-09, 10:57 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
I missed this yesterday. As far as I am aware, Wow shouldn't be asking that during install on an XP machine (although there is certainly nothing wrong with having it there). It should only be asking that on Vista machines due to all of the issues and hassles of it being previously in the Program Files folder. XP does not have the UAC, so it should still default to the Program Files folder.
Yeah, I was just wondering if Blizzard had done some changes to make things less confusing on the users side of things I've not used XP for years so have pretty much forgotten the ins and outs of that system.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Install