10-15-10, 11:57 PM   #1
Nuggs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
honor_currency_update

Originally posted this on the WoW forums but not really getting anywhere with it, maybe you guys could offer a little assistance.

So, it appears that one of my addons doesn't update honor as I get it. Previously, I used HONOR_CURRENCY_UPDATE but it doesn't appear to be updating when I get honor.

When the PVPQUEUE_ANYWHERE_SHOW event gets fired, it will update the honor but I haven't found a solution to the honor_currency_update.

I've tried KNOWN_CURRENCY_TYPES_UPDATE to no avail as well. Anyone know if the event was changed? I thought I read somewhere that it was getting removed but I can't even find that post.

One thing I was thinking about trying was the CHAT_MSG_COMBAT_HONOR_GAIN event instead but does that still get fired if they don't have it getting displayed anywhere in any of their chat windows?

EDIT: Whoa, suppose I should have posted this in the lua/xml help support forum, eh? Probably not possible to delete this thread to repost it in the appropriate place. Suppose that's the price i pay for having fifteen tabs open in firefox. :/ Would it be possible to get this moved to the correct forum?

Last edited by Nuggs : 10-16-10 at 12:28 AM.
10-16-10, 12:37 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
/eventtrace will open a window that shows all events as they happen. You can then view the args for that event in a tooltip. Type /eventtrace stop to stop logging events.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-16-10, 12:54 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Totally off topic but thank you seerah i have been looking for that command for 2 weeks now lol.
10-16-10, 01:23 PM   #4
Nuggs
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks a ton, it is CURRENCY_DISPLAY_UPDATE.

Thanks for that nifty command as well, made it a lot simpler than searching wowwiki and then the trial and error route.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » honor_currency_update