11-08-07, 01:06 AM   #1
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
Bartender 3 using 20mb + of memory? o.0

http://i14.tinypic.com/72j3kax.jpg

Anyone have a clue why it's using so much? It seems to go up during combat where out of combat it uses ~8-9mb which is still ridiculous. I'm using the latest version of it.

Thanks for any help.
11-08-07, 01:37 AM   #2
Tsikura
A Cyclonian
Looks like the externals messing around with the output and placing the blame all on Bartender.
11-08-07, 01:53 AM   #3
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
Not exactly sure what you mean? Any way I can fix this?
11-08-07, 03:42 AM   #4
Coldfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Anomaly25
Not exactly sure what you mean? Any way I can fix this?
Its not actually Bartender3 using 20mb+, its the ace library in it. make sure you use the lastest version.
11-08-07, 07:12 AM   #5
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Any time you use a library, the first addon that loads using that library will have the most memory usage. All other addons that load using that library will show small amounts of memory usage, as they are using the code form the library loaded in the first addon.

Like the previous poster mentioned, it is most likely Ace. The memory usage list in-game sees the Ace library as being part of Bartender, so it attributes all the memory usage of that library to it.

The next question would be, why is Ace using 20mb? Maybe you need updates that fix some glaring memory holes? Thisq is all stuff that an ace developer might need to chime in on.
11-08-07, 07:35 AM   #6
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

where would i find that addon memory usage thing?
11-08-07, 08:13 AM   #7
Coldfury
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by tintingurl
where would i find that addon memory usage thing?
theres many mod that does this, but i think the OP is using Bongos2_Stats but not quite sure if it need Bongos2 as dependency, if so, it would be kinda strange to use Bongos2 and Bartender3 at the same time lol.
11-08-07, 08:13 AM   #8
Diabolique666
An Aku'mai Servant
He means that u update all your Ace mods to fix memory usage
11-08-07, 08:43 AM   #9
Beladona
A Molten Giant

The default UI shows the top 3 addons in the memory usage list without any additional addons to provide that data to you. Just hover over your performance bar. To get a more detailed list or to see all of the addons and their memory usage, you will need an addon that provides the full list to you as mentioned previously.
11-08-07, 06:42 PM   #10
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've updated every mod in my addon folder yet bartender is still using an absurb amount of memory, or showing as using that much. Anyone have any other ideas?
11-08-07, 07:46 PM   #11
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Anyone have any other ideas?
Is your UI lagging in any way because of bartender? If not just forget you ever saw that memory number and play happily.

If you still want to understand, read again what Beladona said and search the various UI forums for shared and embedded libraries. Here is a start.

After that you will be able to decide whether bartender is actually leaking memory or if this is the way it is supposed to show.

Last edited by Kaomie : 11-08-07 at 07:53 PM.
11-08-07, 08:02 PM   #12
ReverendD
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Have you tried disabling BT3 and then logging in and seeing if something else grabs the same amount of memory?
11-09-07, 12:11 AM   #13
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was trying disabling one by one to see what was causing it but everytime I disable an addon the amount of the one using the most goes down bit by bit so it's hard to tell after a certain point if I've gone past the one causing the problem or if it's still there just a smaller number.

I think this has been happening for a bit now that I think about it and it only shoots up when I'm in a raid or instance and before I always had to turn off atlas loot because it always said it was at 20mb and yes it does lag me quite a bit. Under 10 fps. Now that it's blaming it on bartender 3 I kinda have to find a solution as turning off my bar mod for a raid isn't really practical.

Does anyone know of any other methods to try and find out what's causing this or any other solutions?

Thanks for all the help so far.
11-09-07, 12:27 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
AtlasLoot is *also* a mod written with the Ace2 libraries and comes before Bartender3 in the alphabet. Your UI told you AtlasLoot was using that much memory, then you disabled it and now BT3 is using that much memory. Sounds exactly like what we already tried to explain to you.

You cannot accurately view memory usage if you are running embedded libraries, which you are. Unless you are running into performance problems, ignore that little number and keep playing the game.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-09-07, 04:44 AM   #15
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Seerah
Unless you are running into performance problems, ignore that little number and keep playing the game.
I am It cripples my FPS quite a bit. If it didn't I wouldn't really care and wouldn't have made a post on the forums trying to fix it :[ Note before when I disabled atlas loot my FPS jumped up quite a bit.

It's odd the memory usage of the addons only seem to shoot up during an encounter or further into a raid. I.E. like in a city or something it only ever showed atlas loot / bartender around ~3-6mb. Like in the screenshot above the couple bosses before it wasn't that high, it started at 10 around the first boss and progressively went up the further we went in.

I guess seeing as these numbers are inaccurate and may have nothing to do with my FPS problems is there anyway to see what addons would be crippling my FPS in such a way?

EDIT: Oh and I didn't start using BT3 till after I had been using atlas loot where you were talking about the alphabet thing. I run them both at the same time and BT3 shows as using that much memory over Atlas Loot.

Last edited by Anomaly25 : 11-09-07 at 04:54 AM.
11-09-07, 04:49 AM   #16
Slakah
A Molten Giant

I am It cripples my FPS quite a bit. If it didn't I wouldn't really care and wouldn't have made a post on the forums trying to fix it :[ Note before when I disabled atlas loot my FPS jumped up quite a bit.

It's odd the memory usage of the addons only seem to shoot during an encounter or further into a raid. I.E. like in a city or something it only ever showed atlas loot / bartender around ~3-6mb. Like in the screenshot above the couple bosses before it wasn't that high, it started at 10 around the first boss and progressively went up the further we went in.

I guess seeing as these numbers are inaccurate and may have nothing to do with my FPS problems is there anyway to see what addons would be crippling my FPS in such a way?
Recount is a huge memory hog and only having the FPS issue in encounters suggests to me Recount is the culprit.
11-09-07, 04:56 AM   #17
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Slakah
Recount is a huge memory hog and only having the FPS issue in encounters suggests to me Recount is the culprit.
:/ that sucks I really like recount :[ it's not exactly just encounters, like trash pulls etc. aswell. Just like the further into the raid the higher and higher it shows BT3. I'll mess with it later today with recount off and see how that affects it.

Violation is low memory usage right?
11-09-07, 05:02 AM   #18
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

:/ that sucks I really like recount :[ it's not exactly just encounters, like trash pulls etc. aswell. Just like the further into the raid the higher and higher it shows BT3. I'll mess with it later today with recount off and see how that affects it.

Violation is low memory usage right?
Lower than Recount and most other damage meters. However any data collecting mod will eat memory.
11-09-07, 05:20 AM   #19
Anomaly25
A Fallenroot Satyr
The only thing I don't get is that it never seemed to be a problem before, I've been using recount for quite some time. I'd disable atlas loot and all would be fine in raid. Recently I messed around with my UI but the only new things I added was bartender 3, the bongos 2 stats module, cycircled, and omni cc. I added them all at the same time and now everything is getting antsy :/
11-09-07, 06:53 AM   #20
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
correlation is not causation.

BT3 looks like a memory hog because all the ace/rock libraries are counted there.
if it were the cause of your low FPS, you'd always have low FPS.

low FPS the further you get into a raid, means something is adding more and more to your UI. probably recount. i believe that recount does have an option only to save the last X number of fights. try lowering that number ( if i remember right and it exists.) if that option does not exist you can try resetting recount into a raid and seeing if performance improves.

also there is an informative thread on the wow aceforums comparing recount violation assesment.

/edit

also using bongos just for the stats maybe adding to you load. i think that this would cause the loading of all of bongos dependencies for one small piece of bongos. i suggest the performace module for fubar. i think its called fubar-stats.

/end edit

Doc

Last edited by doc309 : 11-09-07 at 06:58 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender 3 using 20mb + of memory? o.0