01-13-10, 11:18 PM   #1
kberk
A Fallenroot Satyr
Infopanel challenges in Instances

nUI is awesome. It has allowed me to clean up some of the clutter on my screen. There are still challenges though.

I use Healium to heal and that takes a lot of screen real estate. This healing addon takes more screenspace than Healbot, so there just is no way I could imagine nUI integration for it. But let's say a healer uses healbot. How can he have both Omen, Healbot, SmartDebuf/Decursive, and Group Chat all at the same time without moving some of it out of Infopanels?

The challenge is that as a healer, your healing addon, whatever it is has to work. You have to know your threat compared to the Tank and maybe any Off Tanks in a Raid. You have to be able to decurse, and you have to be able to read any party or raid chat messages while in combat.

I honestly don't think there is a solution to this problem except that some of it can't be in an infopanel. Perhaps you will surprise us in nUI 6, but the bottom line is there is only so much screen space and unless nUI is going to take over a lot more of the screen, I doubt you will be able to help with this challenge. Still, it is worth at least mentioning the challenge in case you can dream something up to solve it.

01-14-10, 03:16 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes, that is something that would be challenging to achieve.

The way I handle it is thus.

As a healer I have grid or healbot in a panel but dragged out and positioned above my unit frames. They both allow me to decurse so the need for decursive while healing with these addons is unnecessary.

Threat however is the awkward one. All I can do there is make sure I don't over heal. Very easy on my shaman. I watch the mobs and as soon as they look like they want to eat me I let people know so they can intercept them before it happens.

The only thing I think we can do to resolve that is to have a duo omen/healbot or omen/grid infopanel that may or may not fit into the panel itself but at least will allow both addons to be active at once when the panel is selected.

When I am DPSing I have decursive/omen plugin active. The need for the two is what prompted me to create the plugin. It works fine and fits a 25 man raid instance with no problems.

As to chatter. My left hand pain has all chatter happening except for trade and general as I never want to see that stuff unless I switch to it by choice rofl. This way I can still read whats happening. Sometimes I even have a raid/guild tab available on the left chat frame and switch to raid specifically in an important fight and ignore guild chatter.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Infopanel challenges in Instances