09-16-12, 07:37 AM   #1
krakit
A Murloc Raider
Dominos and Nui problem

I held off until the latest update to mention this because I had hoped it would have been fixed. Alas, this was not the case and my problem persists so here goes.

I use both Nui and Dominos and until patch 5 rolled out there was never any problem with either. However, since the release of the latest Blizzard patch, I cannot page through my Dominos action bars (keybind Shift+up arrow/Shift+down arrow).

Virtually I can still scroll/page through my action bars, but visually the action bar is static. If I allow Nui to show the main action bar then scrolling (using the keybinds described above) functions for it, but still not for my Dominos bar.

If I disable Nui completely then my Dominos action bar functions normally.

I didn't want to have to post this because I'm not really that knowledgeable about how addons work or interact and I'm not sure how to help in the troubleshooting of such an issue.

Still, this persistent problem affects my gameplay negatively and I'm desperate for a solution.

09-16-12, 07:48 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'll take a look and see if the new 5.0 bar changes have affected how the two addons are working together.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

09-16-12, 08:03 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well, apart from the fact that I'm surprised the two of them ever worked together seeing as Dominoes is doing what nUI does as standard. There will be a lot of conflicting routines as they try and work with the same blizzard items.

That said, if I run nUI, no errors. If I run dominoes, no errors. If I run them both dominoes reports a bunch of errors. This could be because after it does it's initialisation, nUI then does it's so that by the time that dominoes comes to work with what it does it has problems.

There isn't much we can really do here as nUI cannot turn off it's bars as they are one of the main features of nUI.

An example of the 80+ errors I am receiving ..

Lua Code:
  1. Message: Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:397: Call failed: Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:432: Cannot call restricted closure from insecure code
  2. Time: 09/16/12 14:56:31
  3. Count: 11
  4. Stack: [C]: ?
  5. Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:397: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:390>
  6. (tail call): ?
  7. (tail call): ?
  8. Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:490: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:468>
  9. [C]: in function `SetAttribute'
  10. Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:673: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:659>
  11. (tail call): ?
  12. Interface\AddOns\Dominos\menuBar.lua:281: in function `AddButton'
  13. Interface\AddOns\Dominos\menuBar.lua:218: in function `Create'
  14. Interface\AddOns\Dominos\frame.lua:17: in function `New'
  15. Interface\AddOns\Dominos\menuBar.lua:30: in function `New'
  16. ...
  17. (tail call): ?
  18. [C]: ?
  19. [string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
  20. (tail call): ?
  21. ...ce\AddOns\Dominos\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:543: in function `EnableAddon'
  22. ...ce\AddOns\Dominos\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:636: in function <...ce\AddOns\Dominos\libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
  23. [C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
  24. Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:299: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn'
  25. Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:322: in function `CombatLog_LoadUI'
  26. Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:692: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:657>
  28. Locals: (*temporary) = "Call failed: Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:432: Cannot call restricted closure from insecure code"

Short of telling nUI to turn itself off when Dominoes is running you would simply have to decide which bars you prefer. nUI or dominoes. Unless of course Scott knows if there is something possible to allow them to work together.

Of course the other question on my mind is how the hell are you not seeing all these errors .. hmm, unless you have errors turned off. In which case that would explain it as the errors are probably stopping the finalising code from being run that could be whats affecting the paging. *shrug* .. It is all I can think of at the moment.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-16-12 at 08:05 AM.

09-16-12, 09:04 AM   #4
Gristadar
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

have you checked with dominoes forum, I've noticed they've updated that addon over 20 some times since the patch and the problem maybe related to that addon

09-16-12, 10:00 AM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
I have to wonder what Dominos does for you that nUI does not.

09-16-12, 10:23 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
I have to wonder what Dominos does for you that nUI does not.
possibly a working extra action bar which is still not working for nUI. I got it almost there. But there is an addon that provides just that bar which would be enough. At least until 6 comes out with it hopefully working now that I figured out how to get it part way there rofl.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Dominos and Nui problem