04-06-11, 08:48 AM   #1
Ither
A Firelord

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Battle.net Heirlooms?

Can someone please help me understand what Blizzard is saying.
  • Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
  • Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.

If I'm understanding this, this means that if we have a WOW account on our BN account, we can send heirlooms to any toon, any faction, any realm as long as it's on that account?

I'm reading responses from people and they're all saying the opposite about how this is stupid. I'm trying to figure out if I'm the dumbass who isn't understanding or they're the dumbasses who can't read.

Thoughts?
04-06-11, 08:55 AM   #2
Mischback
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The first point can be read as "two WoW-accounts on one battle.net-account, item arrives instant".

I can't make much sense out of point two, though. But it would be awesome, if I could send heirlooms to my Horde-twinks I just started on another realm!

Any confirmation about this?
04-06-11, 08:59 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What they have listed as the second change (and what you have quoted) does not mention that you can mail things to characters on different servers, and I haven't personally seen anything stating that you will be able to. I am undecided whether it would be a good idea or not... On one hand, my hubby would be able to buy his Worgen alt some BoA gear and mail it to the server we play together on (so he can keep up with my worgen alt leveling-wise), but on the other hand... It could completely mess with server economies. I assume that Blizzard still means for this to be same-server transactions.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-06-11, 01:42 PM   #4
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

It could completely mess with server economies.
I don't see how sending heirlooms to a different server would mess with the economies unless you mean the less spending of JP's.

Account Bound items will be transferable to other realms "some day".
Looking at this, from the new Ask the Dev's Questions, it seems like BoA's will not be able to server change in 4.1 /sigh; my expectations died.

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah
04-06-11, 02:58 PM   #5
Ither
A Firelord

Then I'm really confused.

We can already send our heirlooms to different factions on the same realm.

This information is misleading.
04-06-11, 03:26 PM   #6
NitraMo
A Fallenroot Satyr
The change only matters for players with several WoW accounts. You can have several WoW accounts bound to one single Battle.net account.
This change makes it so your several WoW accounts behave more like a single WoW account, as long as they all belong to the same Battle.net account.
If you only have one WoW account this change doesn't affect you.
04-06-11, 04:00 PM   #7
Ither
A Firelord

Originally Posted by NitraMo View Post
The change only matters for players with several WoW accounts. You can have several WoW accounts bound to one single Battle.net account.
This change makes it so your several WoW accounts behave more like a single WoW account, as long as they all belong to the same Battle.net account.
If you only have one WoW account this change doesn't affect you.
Ok. I'm even more confused.

So the point is that if you have a heirloom on the same server/faction and a toon on that same server/faction (within the battle.net account umbrella) you could transfer the heirloom?

Example; husband and wife both have accounts under the same battle.net. They both have toons on same realm, same faction. Husband has a heirloom the wife needs, he can mail it to her.
04-06-11, 05:01 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Lily.Petal View Post
I don't see how sending heirlooms to a different server would mess with the economies unless you mean the less spending of JP's.
Yeah, I'm an idiot and was thinking all items.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-06-11, 05:20 PM   #9
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by StormCalai View Post
Example; husband and wife both have accounts under the same battle.net. They both have toons on same realm, same faction. Husband has a heirloom the wife needs, he can mail it to her.
Yes.

Say I have 2 accounts under the same B.net, A1, and A2. A1 is filled with 85s, and every heirloom, A2's chars are on same server as A1, but different faction. I mail all my heirlooms from A1 to A2.

That's essentially what this change is for. Hopefully,this is the first step to x-realm heirloom transfers, and it is coming in the future, as a few blues have said they'd like to do. I'd even accept it as a payed feature, if the cost weren't steep, like faction/realm xfers, or re-customization.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Yeah, I'm an idiot and was thinking all items.
Here goes a picture of a cute little kitty, hopefully it helps.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
04-07-11, 10:20 AM   #10
XIII
A Kobold Labourer
  • Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent.
Maybe this part has to do with items like the PVP heirloom trinkets, Inherited Insignia of the Alliance and Inherited Insignia of the Horde.
04-14-11, 09:22 PM   #11
tinyu
A Molten Giant

the only way you can transfer BoA items to toons on different servers is to give the items you want xfer to a toon then pay to have that toon xfered to that server.
04-14-11, 10:02 PM   #12
Lily.Petal
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
the only way you can transfer BoA items to toons on different servers is to give the items you want xfer to a toon then pay to have that toon xfered to that server.
For now. <to short>

Aggro Color to KG Panels Borders - Nibelheim
Lua Based UI Hider - Nibelheim
Custom LUA PowerText - Stuf - Nibelheim, Seerah

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Battle.net Heirlooms?