Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
10-08-11, 02:06 AM   #1
Shmii
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EventHorizon Replacement

So I'm looking to find a replacement for EventHorizon. I feel in love with it ages ago, but I've come across this issue with the addon lately. The issue is that EventHorizon tracks auras by their spell name, and not their spell ID. This has some pro's and cons, but it makes it makes it impossible to track things like the bleed from the glyph of hemorrhage.

Instead of trying to change the code, and dealing with the ripple effect of having to track down several other errors and change another 50+ lines of code (I did give it a shot, I got 3 changes in and stopped), I would rather find a replacement or rebuild it from the ground up. Yes, I would rather work on a new addon from the ground up than I would dig through another's code. So I was wondering if anyone knew of an addon that had the same look and mannerism to save me the time of redesigning it.

It's clear that Taroven still has an interest in maintaining the addon, but I expect that an issue like this is a little more than a quick fix for them. Therefore I'm not sure how long it would be before they can fix it, or if they even would have a solution in the foreseeable future.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » EventHorizon Replacement