12-18-09, 02:35 PM   #81
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by miklav View Post
hold everything guess what???

blizzard fixed the issue on there side I now do not have to reload ui when i switch and its not the new version you put out because I had the very same issue on the ptr so rest assured its nothing in Nui causing it it was all blizzard I havent had to reload once since the new patch.
I had to reload in the middle of a raid fight in ToC 10 last night because my keybindings all poofed on me.

Patch didn't "fix" it. May have for you in this case, but not the overall issue.

Marth

12-19-09, 06:23 AM   #82
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Keybinding wiping

From what I seen the last few days this seems to be an NUI issue. I turned a couple WOW friends onto NUI and when they go into stealth or another form or during a bos fight they get changed to another form then the key binding are gone and even with the action bar 1 to = does not work unless they log out and then back in. they can click on the action bar icons with the mouse and it will work but hitting they keys will not.
These friends been running NUI for 2 days now and the problem did not start until they installed NUI. But even with the glitch they do love NUI!

12-19-09, 08:21 AM   #83
spiel2001
nUI's Author

First.. tell them they do not have to log out and back in if that happens to them... just a '/nui rl' should fix it.

I have a rare weekend to myself this weekend, I *hope* to be able to work on this and find a work-around though I have yet to have had the problem repeat on my system since the 3.3 patch, but I also haven't been in an instance since the patch. We'll see.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-19-09, 12:27 PM   #84
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Meh, I thought the issue was gone. Now that I've been trying to level my lil pally, it seems to have reared it's fugly head once more.

12-19-09, 09:27 PM   #85
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Scott - I wish I had a way of reproducig it for you. It's strange. keybinds will be working and showing on keys, others the keybinds won't show ont he keys, but still are mapped correctly, and yet others, nothing showing on the keys and no bindings.

a /rl fixes it usually...but that's all i can tell ya.

Marth

12-19-09, 10:36 PM   #86
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah -- I'm starting to think there's multiple problems here -- problem is I don't have any of them on any of my toons which is making is *really* hard to figure out what's going on.

12-20-09, 12:56 AM   #87
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Work Around

Originally Posted by Nightmare_Lord View Post
Scott,

I noticed that as well what ever is singed to the left action bar with nui is really the right one when the keybinds don't show up. Doing it with out NUI and than putting NUI on makes the two left action bars switch.

EX right side of nui is set to be Alt + X than Alt A-' and the left is Alt +C than Alt + Q-[ is how I set them when the keys don't show up they are switched Alt+ W is Alt+S until I do /nui rl and it goes back. Just something you should look at and maybe flip the bars around in the code like Roncli said so Alt + A is Alt + A when they don't show up.

I Have included a Screenshot so you get a better idea what I am saying. (1st Shows How it should be when working, 2nd shows What it is until /nui rl after login.

Look where Alt+A = Shadowflame and Alt+Q = Rain of Fire is; when the keys don't show up they are switched to be Alt+A = Rain and Alt+Q = Shadowflame until of course you do /nui rl. So like Roncli said the bars are switched.
Now that I got time and tested it for those of you guys that use keybinds like me and having this problem here is a workaround for now.

if you do /nui movers and switch the right with the left vertically panel at lest the keys are in the right spot by default. *See screen shot 1) now of course all you have to do is switch the keys are in each square to the ones right cross from it. Example when I did it I had rain of fire on right now and shadowflame on left all I had to do was drag rain to the shadow and than drop the shadow where rain of fire was. Just like if you was rearrange your spells on your action bar, so when I log on now Alt + Q (See screen shot 2) is rain of fire again by default.

this is just a work around if your problem is like mine. Now for when it works with just this the keys will be backwards so when the text does show up it will show Alt+ A on right which would be rain of fire again, and Alt+ Q shadowflame. I going to redo the keybinds to see if I can get Alt+ A to be Alt+ A with /nui rl and without /nui rl

*Edit* after disabling NUI and switching the spells around or redoing the keybinds right from the action bars themself (where you have to hold down Ctrl+Alt+ right click) doesn't seem to work. when the keybind text is gone is goes to wow default set up which in this case with error doing my workaround only rain of fire is Alt+ Q like I said when the error not doing it, and you do /nui rl rain of fire shows up as Alt+A and redoing the keybinds like making Rain Alt+Q when the error is happen(Screen shot 2) upon relogin Shadow Flame is now Alt+Q like it was before I moved the bars. so we can at least say for sure Right and Left bars are mixed around in the code. Switching them in code so you don't have to do my workaround will at least be default keybinds set up when not using NUI or setting them from the normal keybinding windows (Default selection and not the nui selection that shows up in the menu now.) For the stealth problem and them doing it on zoing I have yet to get this to try and help scott solve it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyBindings.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	588.9 KB
ID:	3714  Click image for larger version

Name:	KeyBindings 2.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	3715  

Last edited by Nightmare_Lord : 12-20-09 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Tested on Redoing Keybinds

12-21-09, 09:39 AM   #88
alverian
A Cliff Giant

It is strange, I have had this issue to pop up without changing aspects or anything just they are working and then they are not. I can still mouse click on the icons on screen and have them work but keyboard will not. A simple /nui rl will fix the issue for a short time. I have added the commands to my config file and save key bindings local but it still seems to be here.

Last edited by alverian : 12-21-09 at 12:29 PM.

12-23-09, 09:24 AM   #89
Anyakara
A Kobold Labourer
I have the problem happening to me as well.

From what I've been able to tell, it seems to be shifting the keybinds from the nUI: Action Pages to the MultiActionBar Bindings. The binds are bound to the same slot on the bar, but moved from one bar to the other.

12-23-09, 09:57 AM   #90
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Okay -- now, that's a very interesting observation since the other bars *are* part of the action bar *if* you change from page 1 to page 2, etc.

In other words, the main action bar has six pages -- action page 1 through action page 6 -- all of which are displayed in the nUI interface. If you change the main action bar from page 1 to page 2 you'll see it reproduces one of the other action bars that are already in your interface.

I wonder if it is something in the paging mechanism that Blizz broke. In fact, I wonder if the reason why some people have this problem and others do not is because of the settings in the interface "ActionBars" option page for whether or not to display the other action bars.

It used to be that setting did not matter in terms of key bindings, display, etc. It is possible that Blizz has changed it so if the option to display the bar is not enabled, the keybindings break for that "page" in the main action bar (each "extra" action bar is just one of the six pages in the main action bar)

Try this... press "Escape" to bring up the WoW options menu, select "Interface" then "ActionBars" and set the option true to show all of the extra action bars (there's four of them) and then see if that makes the problem go away for you.

12-23-09, 10:08 AM   #91
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, very strange, I don't have any of those settings changed ( they're defaulting to not checked ). I have yet to have a key bind issue. Although, these screenshots are from just nUI, ACP and Bugsack installed. But even with my minimal addon list in use I have been testing the key bind problem and have been able to use the keybinds set up to use the skills in question.

Edit: Even Scrolling through the main action bar pages the abilities in the nUI buttons that I keybound are still working with the keybindings I set up for them.

Edit2: Hmm, okay, third window is after I logged out after scrolling through pages.

1. Login
2. Set Keybinds, use them
3. Logout
4. Login
5. Keybinds showing, Use Keybinds, all work
6. Scroll through Main Action Bar and use keybinds.
7. Logout
8. Login
9. Keybinds not showing, use them, all work

Edit3 : Tried to repeat process on another toon, but no joy. All keybinds showing at step 9.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122309_160023.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	3741  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122309_160705.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	325.2 KB
ID:	3742  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_122309_162401.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	3743  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 12-23-09 at 10:35 AM.

12-23-09, 01:01 PM   #92
Nightmare_Lord
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Okay -- now, that's a very interesting observation since the other bars *are* part of the action bar *if* you change from page 1 to page 2, etc.

In other words, the main action bar has six pages -- action page 1 through action page 6 -- all of which are displayed in the nUI interface. If you change the main action bar from page 1 to page 2 you'll see it reproduces one of the other action bars that are already in your interface.

I wonder if it is something in the paging mechanism that Blizz broke. In fact, I wonder if the reason why some people have this problem and others do not is because of the settings in the interface "ActionBars" option page for whether or not to display the other action bars.

It used to be that setting did not matter in terms of key bindings, display, etc. It is possible that Blizz has changed it so if the option to display the bar is not enabled, the keybindings break for that "page" in the main action bar (each "extra" action bar is just one of the six pages in the main action bar)

Try this... press "Escape" to bring up the WoW options menu, select "Interface" then "ActionBars" and set the option true to show all of the extra action bars (there's four of them) and then see if that makes the problem go away for you.
no go still does it. Seems like my lock and druid has this problem the most while my other toons don't. even the workaround I did when the keys don't show up doesn't work. Lot of times I log in and either the error will be there and my workaround works, and other times the error is gone and than the NUI keys shows up which of course versus my action bars making it hard to play lol. Switching the right and left Vertically action works most times since it puts my keys at default keybinding if you set them from wow vanilla.

*Edit* What if there was away to disable nui control over keybinding for the 2x left action bars from vanilla wow? Like I said when error isn't happen keys are back works (what is Alt Q in vanilla wow is Alt A in nui setting, so maybe Nui is switching the keys around by mistake? Worth a try to see if you can get NUI to copy Default keys = Screenshot 2
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	KeyBindings 2.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	572.9 KB
ID:	3744  

12-23-09, 05:46 PM   #93
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just to add in a possible hand, I have one toon that reliably (so far at least) will have zero keys bound on initial login. Using a /nui rl will place them all as they are supposed to be. After using the /nui rl, my keybindings will remain as long as I do not close the WoW client. I can swap toons, servers, etc, and have no issue with that toon.

Now that said, if I close the client, then re open it and log into that toon, the key bind issue will return, and of course, a quick /nui rl will fix it.

Is there any testing, steps etc you need or would like performed that may help you out?

System info for reference:

Win7 Pro
Athlon x2 6000
4 gigs ram
2 x Nvidia 9800GT PCI-E in SLI mode
enUS WoW Client

Completely fresh and new install of all addons and Windows OS as of 12/12/2009 (got Win7 then )

Affected toon: Lvl 45 Druid

12-25-09, 09:39 PM   #94
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Don't know if this helps scott. But when I lose the keybinds if i go into the menu it has actually moved them back to the blizzard bar keybinds instead of nui's. Which I guess explains why some people are thinking its just switching because what what nui calls the left unit frame bar(bar 3) and right unit frame bar(bar 4) Blizzard actually calls right action bar 1 and right action bar 2, not that any of that makes a difference just thought it might clear up somethings if people are confused, anyways weren't sure if you were aware about them being put back to the blizz bars and just wanted to pass it along in hopes it might help

12-29-09, 04:59 AM   #95
Xaedyn
A Murloc Raider
Hey all,

I'm a new user of nUI (as of today). I'm also experiencing the issue of keybinds disappearing. I use per-character binds, and have minimal addons along with nUI. The addons I am using are as follows:

Deadly Boss Mods
GearScoreLite
MikScrollingBattleText
nUI -- Dual Stats
Omen Threat Meter
RatingBuster
Recount

Upon installing nUI for the first time, I figured I'd do it right and wipe out all my AddOns directory as well as my WTF folder. I went ahead and got rid of Cache as well, since a "Spring" cleaning always feels nice. After installing, upon first login, none of my keybinds were displaying on the bars at all. Reloading the UI fixed the issue temporarily.

I was under the impression that the keybinds disappear upon UI loads, such as entering or exiting an instance - however, during an AN run, my keybinds actually disappeared randomly as I was going from one mob to the next.

As I've not been able to do much testing after only a few hours of use, the only other problem I'm having is that after moving my tooltip via /nui movers, the tip does not stay exactly where I've placed it after a UI reload or subsequent loads.

If I can do anything to narrow down the issue, please let me know.

12-29-09, 02:12 PM   #96
Taralas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
The issue with it happening when you come out of stealth is probably not the same issue as the broader one. That one is very like a taint issue.
Ok, understanding that there may be an issue with taint on people that are changing bars while in combat, is there any way that we can come up with a fix for this specific problem?

If you want to test it, I would assume that you could simply build a level 1 rogue, stab somebody while stealthed, and see if the keybinds are wiped out when bars change while in combat.

Or, is there a way to disable the use of the role bar while in stealth until this issue is resolved?

Thank you,

Taralas

12-29-09, 03:26 PM   #97
bgdish
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Keybinding issue

Love the addon... Just wanted to let you know I have the same issue - keybindings disappear mysteriously... but also when I actually log in they are gone.

Using "/nui rl" works perfectly though, so thanks.

12-29-09, 04:27 PM   #98
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Taralas View Post
Ok, understanding that there may be an issue with taint on people that are changing bars while in combat, is there any way that we can come up with a fix for this specific problem?

If you want to test it, I would assume that you could simply build a level 1 rogue, stab somebody while stealthed, and see if the keybinds are wiped out when bars change while in combat.

Or, is there a way to disable the use of the role bar while in stealth until this issue is resolved?

Thank you,

Taralas
Unfortunately I have been unable to reliably reproduce the the bug on my rogue. I've sent scott whatever errors I did get and I'm sure he's working on them just don't know when we can expect a fix.

12-29-09, 08:48 PM   #99
Taralas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by neuralassassin View Post
Unfortunately I have been unable to reliably reproduce the the bug on my rogue. I've sent scott whatever errors I did get and I'm sure he's working on them just don't know when we can expect a fix.
I have a character that I can reproduce the error on demand. I have pared it down to wiping out every addon but nUI, replacing the WTF and Cache directory, and come up with that error every time. Let me know if I can be of assistance

-Taralas

12-29-09, 10:42 PM   #100
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Have you got a character that you never have it happen on ?

If so, perhaps seeing if there are any differences between them that you can see, barring the obviously different key combos themselves.

Hmm, unless having different key combos for the same slot on different characters are causing the problem. Hmm.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Keybinds wiping out