02-07-06, 04:44 AM   #1
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hiya

Just tried to enable a portal for myself, but it didn't work.

I clicked the "Enable Portal" link in the User CP and got the following three errors:
  1. Line: 677
    Char: 2
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0
    URL: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?a=enable
  2. Line: 680
  3. Line: 985

I then arrive at a "Accept our Terms of Service or Die" style page. I put a tick in the box, leave the name as "Dark Imakuni's Portal", and click on "Enable Portal". After a short moment I get an "Error 404: Page Not Found" error.

Maybe it's because I have a space in my name?

Edit: Typo

Edit2: Just noticed that my Dark Portal has opened. Wasn't sure if it was open or not due to the errors above. Anyway, it has worked, but I'm whining at you about the errors anyway

Last edited by Ravendwyr : 02-07-06 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Typo's Must Die!!
02-07-06, 05:09 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the heads up on the bugs, they are now fixed. You are correct about the space in your name. I updated the redirect after you enable your portal to allow for names with a space in them. Basicly the space needs to be replaced with an under_score.

Any future bugs or feature requests please post in this forum: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=18

Thanks

Last edited by Dolby : 02-07-06 at 05:22 AM.
02-07-06, 09:35 AM   #3
Legorol
A Cliff Giant
Exclamation A suggestion

Having had more look, I have a suggestion for the portal. I can see that if you are trying to submit a bug or feature request for the author's consideratino, you have to specify which particular mod you are submitting the bug/request for. However, with many authors they have a set of mods, and it would be nice if there was a "general" or "overall" category so that I could make a bug report or suggestion that pertained to more than one, or even all of that author's mods.

One example: I would like to make a suggestion post on T.King's portal about how he arranges the folder structure in the zip files of his themes. This pertains to all of his themes available for download, so I would like a "general", non-mod-specific category to suggest it in.

PS: By the way, where is the bug report/suggestion page for the Portal system itself? I couldn't find one, should posts like this be directed to the WoWI Site bug/suggestion forums?
02-07-06, 11:28 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Legorol
PS: By the way, where is the bug report/suggestion page for the Portal system itself? I couldn't find one, should posts like this be directed to the WoWI Site bug/suggestion forums?
Aye, they should. I hadn't thought to create a thread specifically for them, so I've split your suggestions (and Dark_Imakuni's bug report) out of the news thread and made them into a sticky thread here in the Site Suggestion forum. If anyone finds any other bugs with the system or has any more suggestions for it, please don't hesitate to post them here.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-07-06, 11:36 AM   #5
Gello
A Molten Giant
Thanks for the portal thing, this is especially cool, even if the "Bug Report" isn't named "Feature Unrequest" lol. One thing I really like is the Pages bit, to add documents on the sidebar. It has a couple bugs however:

quotes get replaced with "

and emoticons show up with no apparent option to disable them. (It would rock if you could default-disable emoticons on this site but it's not a burning issue with an edit button handy)

You can see the effect here: http://gello.wowinterface.com/portal...id=27&pageid=6

down about 3/5th of the page when it discusses event script functions. (can look for the smiley faces without reading through)

Thanks again!
02-07-06, 02:54 PM   #6
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Following has been fixed/added. Thanks for all your feedback so far.
  • The problem with quotes is fixed
  • Currently smilies are disabled in the content pages until I add a database field to the content record so I can have this enabled/disabled on a per content page basis.
  • Added a Miscellaneous category to bugs/features
  • fixed bug in bug/features list area when sortby was selected as status it wouldnt change the status field to list the interface.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-07-06 at 03:08 PM.
02-07-06, 09:09 PM   #7
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
How to kill the killer feature

If you could check for the existance of a portal, and provide Feature Request and Bug Report buttons on the addon page.. you would have the killer of all killer apps. Thanks for everything.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
02-07-06, 09:56 PM   #8
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
If you could check for the existance of a portal, and provide Feature Request and Bug Report buttons on the addon page.. you would have the killer of all killer apps. Thanks for everything.
I agree, I am working on that and hope to have something by the end of the week.

EDIT: added Author Portals to the main menu on the front page.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-08-06 at 03:59 PM.
02-08-06, 01:23 PM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Your favorite fruity priest back for more =) It would be nice for the authors to have a consolidated location to look for their new feedback/bugs-- or even to "subscribe" to the portal so we get email notified on any additions.. that would be ideal for me =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
02-08-06, 01:30 PM   #10
Thirsterhall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
FAQ Links

Is it just me or are FAQ links taking you to the WOWI home page?

IE go to http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=57&a=faq and lick the one FAQ question I have up and instead of the FAQ answer I end up on the WoWI home page.
02-08-06, 01:36 PM   #11
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Thirsterhall
Is it just me or are FAQ links taking you to the WOWI home page?

IE go to http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.php?id=57&a=faq and lick the one FAQ question I have up and instead of the FAQ answer I end up on the WoWI home page.
Whoops, yes it does since there is no subdomain. I'll fix that asap.

Edit: links should be fixed in the faq if your browsing some ones site with out their subdomain.

Last edited by Dolby : 02-08-06 at 01:38 PM.
02-08-06, 01:40 PM   #12
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
Your favorite fruity priest back for more =) It would be nice for the authors to have a consolidated location to look for their new feedback/bugs-- or even to "subscribe" to the portal so we get email notified on any additions.. that would be ideal for me =)
We currently have rss feeds in place if you would like to use those, I'll work on adding email features in the near future.
02-08-06, 09:23 PM   #13
Wobin
An Aku'mai Servant

Suggestion

What would be great is if we could get the 'last comments' list on the portal, as it always takes me a bit of time to figure out where to click to go find them =)
02-09-06, 01:52 AM   #14
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

error when submiting new FAQ entry

I just tried to enter a new entry to my FAQ and got the following:
Code:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/wowinter/public_html/portal_admin.php(510) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in /home/wowinter/public_html/portal_admin.php(510) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wowinter/public_html/portal_admin.php on line 514
02-09-06, 02:19 AM   #15
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Elkano
I just tried to enter a new entry to my FAQ and got the following:
Code:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/wowinter/public_html/portal_admin.php on line 514
fixed, thanks for the bug report.
02-12-06, 07:31 PM   #16
zespri
A Defias Bandit
Navigation problem

When you click on "Sudmit bug report" and you are not logged in, you asre asked to log in, then you enter your name and password, and you are taken to "thank you for logging in" screen, after which your are going to the actual "submit bug report" page. Now, if you press 'cancel' you'll go back to "thank you for logging in", which is not right.
02-12-06, 08:08 PM   #17
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by zespri
When you click on "Sudmit bug report" and you are not logged in, you asre asked to log in, then you enter your name and password, and you are taken to "thank you for logging in" screen, after which your are going to the actual "submit bug report" page. Now, if you press 'cancel' you'll go back to "thank you for logging in", which is not right.
Thanks for the report on that but there isnt much I can do to fix that, the cancel button is just some java code telling the browser to hit the back button.
02-19-06, 06:00 AM   #18
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Would it be possible to add sth like "new comments, new bug reports, new feature requests" to the top right infobox (welcome, last visit, PMs) that works like "new PMs", so it would be easier for authors to see that they got some feedback?
02-24-06, 06:10 PM   #19
Gello
A Molten Giant
Thanks for disabling emoticons in page contents. Can you do the same for FAQs also?

An example is here: http://www.wowinterface.com/portal.p...a=faq&faqid=52

It's not life or death but there's no option to prevent posting emoticons. Thanks again!
02-27-06, 12:55 PM   #20
Instant Karma
A Kobold Labourer
Feature Request: View Bugs By SubSection

Could you implement a filter to view all the bugs of a plugin addon at once? I think the current method displays "most recent" and then by subheading, so it's difficult to keep track of the bugs for a specific addon because they may appear on older pages.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Author Portal bugs/suggestions