01-04-14, 11:31 AM   #61
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Aussie slang for Macdonalds.
Oh. Well, I don't think even Geddy can get me to eat that... I thought it was something like the mysterious "tapas" which is apparently some kind of trendy food experience thing (eg. trendy people go to a tapas bar before they go to the club or something) but I haven't bothered to find out exactly what it is.
01-04-14, 11:43 AM   #62
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Oh. Well, I don't think even Geddy can get me to eat that... I thought it was something like the mysterious "tapas" which is apparently some kind of trendy food experience thing (eg. trendy people go to a tapas bar before they go to the club or something) but I haven't bothered to find out exactly what it is.
Tapas as small snacks, usually with sun dried tomatoes, garlic, olives, oftentimes fish, calamares etc
01-04-14, 12:13 PM   #63
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Lol, I've been helping derail it. I just thought that I'd point it out. You know, obvious post is obvious.
I'll take the blame. But we all figure out that Phanx has hairy legs likes books so she must be that nerdy book worm I see in the movies (plus I saved a cache copy of the post for future enjoyment)

And that I will now make it my life's goal to buy everyone McDonalds at the next Bliss con.
01-04-14, 12:23 PM   #64
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
But we all figure out that Phanx has hairy legs likes books so she must be that nerdy book worm I see in the movies (plus I saved a cache copy of the post for future enjoyment)
Hey now, I'll have you know my legs are freshly hairless as of Wednesday.

(But before that, they may or may not have been suspiciously satyr-like...)

In other news, I need to make a better plan for the next Blizzcon. This year was kind of a random "oh I guess I'll go" deal... I flew down Friday morning at Way Too Early o'clock, slept in a park all day because my hotel wouldn't let me check in until 3pm, slept some more at my hotel until it was time for the WoWI dinner, was led to believe there would be a wild party but everyone just went to bed or sat around talking about their server hardware (that sounds like a bad innuendo, hah!), then went to the presentations on Saturday, and left that evening.

Last edited by Phanx : 01-04-14 at 12:27 PM.
01-04-14, 12:26 PM   #65
10leej
A Molten Giant

Hey now, I'll have you know my legs are freshly hairless as of Wednesday.

(But before that, they may or may not have been suspiciously satyr-like...)
I refuse to believe that!
01-04-14, 12:28 PM   #66
Phanx
Cat.

Which part?

(Also, I edited my last post while you were posting, apparently.)
01-04-14, 12:45 PM   #67
10leej
A Molten Giant

Which part?

(Also, I edited my last post while you were posting, apparently.)
That your legs are hairless, you just said you were lazy afterall
01-04-14, 01:19 PM   #68
Phanx
Cat.

Yeah, but laziness is a delicate balance. I don't know about beards, but the longer you wait to shave your legs, the more work it is, and the relationship is not linear. Doing it every day is definitely a waste of energy, but if you put it off for 3 months you're gonna have a bad time.
01-04-14, 01:23 PM   #69
10leej
A Molten Giant

Yeah, but laziness is a delicate balance. I don't know about beards, but the longer you wait to shave your legs, the more work it is, and the relationship is not linear. Doing it every day is definitely a waste of energy, but if you put it off for 3 months you're gonna have a bad time.
I got some shears if you need em.
01-04-14, 01:45 PM   #70
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
@Phanx: The "big party" during BlizzCon was Thursday - many of us went before the WoWI dinner. (Which you have your days off by one. )

Also, Nynaeve et al. get better in the later books as they grow up and mature. I still have the last two (of the series) sitting on my "to read" shelf, among many other books that have been waiting for me to have the time and patience to read again.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-04-14, 02:00 PM   #71
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
@Phanx: The "big party" during BlizzCon was Thursday - many of us went before the WoWI dinner. (Which you have your days off by one. )
Hmm, you're right. Okay, I got there Thursday morning, and left Friday night. Close enough!

Also, Nynaeve et al. get better in the later books as they grow up and mature. I still have the last two (of the series) sitting on my "to read" shelf, among many other books that have been waiting for me to have the time and patience to read again.
I don't remember how far I got in the series. I remember reading the second book one day while I was home sick from school, probably about 7th grade. I remember buying Winter's Heart (book 9, had to go look it up by the cover art) in high school, but I'm not sure I actually ever read it, and I certainly didn't read anything after it. Really the only things I remember at this point are Nynaeve's foot-stomping and braid-pulling, the weirdly long and detailed spanking scenes (seriously, how is this guy presenting spanking as a realistic form of discipline among adult women?!) and endless descriptions of some guy being paraded around in a cage.

Based on the fact that I remember far more detail about other books I read at the same age or earlier, I haven't felt any urge to go back and re-read these ones. I'm sure I forgot about them for a reason.
01-04-14, 02:00 PM   #72
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
Well, I am afraid we may have scared Icicle...
We can't have scared him off too badly, he's still hanging out in the irc channel.
01-04-14, 02:09 PM   #73
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by 10leej View Post
I got some shears if you need em.
Okay.
01-04-14, 04:18 PM   #74
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Forever will I now see you with a goatee too

Also:
I often just leave my legs as they are in the winter and only epilate once every 6 weeks - it allows for ingrown hairs to be ok again (if you scrub). But because I epilate all the time, I don't have satyr legs though.
01-04-14, 04:24 PM   #75
Icicle
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Nimhfree View Post
Pink
Coconut custard pie
Bladerunner
Right...

Blue
Capn Crunch Cereal
The Matrix
01-04-14, 05:11 PM   #76
10leej
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
We can't have scared him off too badly, he's still hanging out in the irc channel.
And just posted too
01-04-14, 05:23 PM   #77
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Orange
Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio Olio
V for Vendetta
01-04-14, 06:47 PM   #78
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Shrimp Spaghetti Aglio Olio
That's your favorite late night snack? O.o
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-05-14, 03:10 AM   #79
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Oh god, audio books. I don't even know that I could make it though an audio book if it were narrated in song by Till Lindemann (Rammstein) or Geddy Lee (Rush).

I don't really like ebooks either, but because I don't like them, they are actually effective as a "try before you buy" device. I generally don't even finish the ebook... if I like it, I go buy the hardcover, and if not, I don't feel obligated to keep reading since I didn't invest any time or money in obtaining it. Also, ebooks are convenient while traveling.

The same principle doesn't apply to movies or music, unfortunately, since the Pirate Edition is actually a better product than the official version... no, I don't want your crappy 128kpbs MP3, and no, I don't want your useless plastic box and a stupid disk I haven't had a playback device for in a decade! I do make a point of buying albums I really like, but I literally never open the package. I have a box full of CDs still in their factory sealed plastic. (Actually, Bandcamp is great, because you get lossless digital copies. I wish the major labels would get with the program.)
It's no big deal if I respond just a whole page later, right?

You make a good point about ebooks, I don't know why I don't like them... It could be because I don't have a Kindle or equivalent to read them on and reading them on a monitor feels so off. I read comics on my PC, but that's about it, and only because Comical is a really good client.

Agree on pirating too, I think music labels are going to change a lot in the next 5-10 years from the more archaic stance they currently take to a more open one with more digital distribution. The bandcamp business model is genius, and my friend actually started a record label that strictly uses bandcamp for distribution. I think it's here to stay, and it'll only get bigger.

God, having a piracy discussion on WoWInterface is not what I expected when I woke up today...
01-05-14, 04:08 AM   #80
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's your favorite late night snack? O.o
In the sense that my late night snack is usually leftovers from an earlier meal yea
(truthfully I missed the 'late night snack' part )

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Introduction Post