06-16-12, 02:17 PM   #1
rx12network
A Murloc Raider

Getting Table Content in a Frame

Heyho,

i want to get the content of a table in a frame.. but i have totally no idea how to do this.

maybe someone can help me

Content of the Table is:

Lua Code:
  1. RaidDB[name] = {  --put informations in table
  2.                     cname = name,
  3.                     cvisit = 1,
  4.                     crang = rang,
  5.                     clvl = lvl,
  6.                     cklasse = klasse,
  7.                     cclass = class,
  8.                     zone = zone
  9.                 }

The RaidDB table dont have a fixed rowcolumcount - so it have to be scrollable when itemhigh is higher as framehight..

would be nice when anyone can post me a referenze or solution or tipps

thanks and greetings from germany

P.s. i have some more questions.. maybe anyone have a bit time to can tell me something what i want to know in a chatsession.. (i dont want anyone who code me an addon, just some basic questions (please send me a pm))
06-16-12, 02:43 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have a play with this tutorial on a scrolling frame and see if you can see how you can work your data into something similar.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_scr...lFrameTemplate

Another option is to look for an addon that does something similar and see how it was done and try to make one for your data.

If you've never written an addon at all yet you might want to start with something a little bit simpler first so you can get to grips with the standard stuff you need to do for all addons.

wowpedia.org, wowprogramming.com and wowwiki.com should all have something useful for you in regards to information and tutorials.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
06-16-12, 05:34 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unfortunately most of the tutorials on Wowpedia.org (and Wowwiki.com) are written using outdated techniques, with a huge amount of lengthy and unnecessary XML, and lots of global variables.

I don't have time to write up a tutorial right now, but you might also take a look at the code for the parts of the default UI that use a "fake" scroll frame (usually with the FauxScrollFrameTemplate template), such as the friends frame, the ignore frame, and the guild roster frame.

Some code I posted in another thread over on WowAce might also be useful, as it already (a) creates a frame for displaying rows of data, and (b) has functions for sorting data, without a lot of other code.

You could also look at the code for simpler damage meter addons (eg. not Recount or Skada), as those also display sorted rows of data in a scrollable list.

On a final note, in response to this:

Originally Posted by rx12network View Post
P.s. i have some more questions.. maybe anyone have a bit time to can tell me something what i want to know in a chatsession.. [...] (please send me a pm))
Asking people to answer your questions by PM defeats the purpose of having a community forum. The whole point of this forum is that when you ask a question, anyone can answer it. If one person doesn't know the answer, someone else probably does, and if someone posts wrong information, others can correct it.

You also don't have to wait on one person's free time (for example, if they are sleeping when you send your PM, you have to wait until they wake up and check their PMs to get an answer); since anyone can read the forum and reply, you will usually get an answer faster.

Finally, when the question and answer are only in PMs, they only benefit you, and anyone who has the same (or a similar) question in the future has to spend time asking the question again, and others have to spend time answering it again. If the question and answer are on the forums, they benefit everyone. Someone else with the same question can get the answer immediately, and nobody has to spend any time writing the same answer again.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Getting Table Content in a Frame