08-11-09, 07:07 PM   #1
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
StandAlone UI

Does anyone know any standalone UIs similar to nUI?

I tried nUI but its missing features that are very important to me and i cannot get used to it, although the creator did an incredible job on it.

Is there any other stand alone UIs I can try?

Thanks!
08-11-09, 07:11 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SpartanUI is the only other standalone UI that I am aware of. I tried that one too but it didn't have the stuff I wanted. So you might be lucky

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
08-11-09, 07:24 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Ne0nLiteZ View Post
I tried nUI but its missing features that are very important to me and i cannot get used to it, although the creator did an incredible job on it.
Out of curiousity, what features is nUI missing that you'd like to see?
08-11-09, 08:42 PM   #4
wavecutter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
LUI is my fav.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...1680x1050.html
08-11-09, 09:36 PM   #5
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Out of curiousity, what features is nUI missing that you'd like to see?
Just the placement of the action bars, buff placement, no stealthbar (i know it doesnt support it but i use that feature alot in bartender).

And no GUI to make it easier to customize.
08-11-09, 09:37 PM   #6
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by wavecutter View Post
sorry for double post.

Thats not standalone.
08-11-09, 10:22 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Just the placement of the action bars, buff placement, no stealthbar (i know it doesnt support it but i use that feature alot in bartender).

And no GUI to make it easier to customize.
A standalone UI will never be that flexible Im afraid. The idea of standalone is that everything is set up with some tweakable options.

I don't recall whether spartanUI was flexible like that but nUI is quite flexible in its current state and with a bit of file editing a bit more flexible. With version 6.0 when he has it completed it will have a GUI set up making it even easier to customize the layout.

Characters:

08-11-09, 10:37 PM   #8
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
A standalone UI will never be that flexible Im afraid. The idea of standalone is that everything is set up with some tweakable options.

I don't recall whether spartanUI was flexible like that but nUI is quite flexible in its current state and with a bit of file editing a bit more flexible. With version 6.0 when he has it completed it will have a GUI set up making it even easier to customize the layout.
What do you mean THAT flexible? If the actionbars were in a different place that i could get used to wouldnt mean its more flexible... its just the way it is i cannot get used to. if the actionbars and things were in different places than currently i might be able to get used to it, but theyre not
08-11-09, 10:47 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
What I meant was that a standalone UI usually has a set layout with little flexibility. To have true control over a UI set up you would have to design one yourself.

In my case I did that as the default blizz layout had the unit frames and buttons and auras in the wrong place for my eye movement while playing. I tried spartan UI but it didn't help me much outside of solo play. I then dabbled with creating my own UI using things such as bartender and pitbull to set up the unit frames and buttons to suit my tastes. It worked for a long while there.

Then I stumbled across nUI. It had the buttons at the bottom, it had all the unit frames I ever used at the bottom and the minimap itself. In essence my eyes didn't have to jump all over the screen to see the important information. So, in my case nUI is perfect for me. I still tweak some lua files such as enlarging the main action bar buttons and moving the minimenu to the bottom of the screen with everything else.

I may have misunderstood your explanation as I thought you were asking for the ability to move the buttons anywhere you want. Yes, you can do that if you so wish in nUI but then you would have gaps to fill where they were before you moved them. The only thing I agree with you on is the lack of a UI to set the layout up and that is something he is incorporating I believe into 6.0 version of nUI. But until then you will have to do the same as the rest of us and that is to edit the layout files manually.

Characters:

08-11-09, 10:51 PM   #10
emppu417
A Defias Bandit
nUI

What do you mean THAT flexible? If the actionbars were in a different place that i could get used to wouldnt mean its more flexible... its just the way it is i cannot get used to. if the actionbars and things were in different places than currently i might be able to get used to it, but theyre not
so. Have tried that crap as well, seems that we both didnt understand it, for my case i use only bartender4 and kgpanels*the predessesor for eepanels, and i just simply try to mae me my own Ui, but i seems to be stuck on where i shall have the actionbars and where i should put anything else, to i think that i must start all over again, and that would kill me
08-11-09, 11:31 PM   #11
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
What I meant was that a standalone UI usually has a set layout with little flexibility. To have true control over a UI set up you would have to design one yourself.

In my case I did that as the default blizz layout had the unit frames and buttons and auras in the wrong place for my eye movement while playing. I tried spartan UI but it didn't help me much outside of solo play. I then dabbled with creating my own UI using things such as bartender and pitbull to set up the unit frames and buttons to suit my tastes. It worked for a long while there.

Then I stumbled across nUI. It had the buttons at the bottom, it had all the unit frames I ever used at the bottom and the minimap itself. In essence my eyes didn't have to jump all over the screen to see the important information. So, in my case nUI is perfect for me. I still tweak some lua files such as enlarging the main action bar buttons and moving the minimenu to the bottom of the screen with everything else.

I may have misunderstood your explanation as I thought you were asking for the ability to move the buttons anywhere you want. Yes, you can do that if you so wish in nUI but then you would have gaps to fill where they were before you moved them. The only thing I agree with you on is the lack of a UI to set the layout up and that is something he is incorporating I believe into 6.0 version of nUI. But until then you will have to do the same as the rest of us and that is to edit the layout files manually.
Yeah i know you can move the bars but i also knew that you would get gaps :P
I dont really want the ability to move things, its just nUI isnt right for me.
08-12-09, 06:23 AM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah i know you can move the bars but i also knew that you would get gaps :P
I dont really want the ability to move things, its just nUI isnt right for me.
Ah 'nuf said Hope you do find something to suit your gameplay.

Characters:

08-12-09, 09:11 AM   #13
wavecutter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
LUI is standalone. You don't need any other addons really and with it you can do just about anything. You can move everything, it has dozens of "skins" for each element, and 3 or 4 "preset" layouts for solo, group, and raid.
08-12-09, 09:21 AM   #14
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
LUI uses addons by different authors. It is a compilation. By "standalone" UI, they mean all elements of it are by the same author, and the UI is actually just one huge addon. Those types get uploaded to the Suites category. The Suites category also includes UIs where the author has done a significant amount of the addons themselves, or coding to make them all go together (like MazzleUI was).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-12-09, 10:06 AM   #15
wavecutter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thanks for the clarification. I need to lurk more.
08-12-09, 12:26 PM   #16
Ne0nLiteZ
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by wavecutter View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I need to lurk more.
haha. thanks anyways.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » StandAlone UI