12-23-10, 01:05 AM   #1
Overlordjoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest Objectives not showing up.

The title says it all.
It wouldn't show more than 2 previously, and I picked up ScrollingWatchFrame and now it is showing no objectives.

12-23-10, 07:24 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, are you using nUI ? If so, did you tell it to be docked ? And if so, is it selected as the active infopanel ?

If you are not using nUI can you tell me whether it shows quests and/or achievements when you track them ? Did it ever show any objectives ( quests or achievements ) but then all of a sudden stop ?

The only time I have known it to stop tracking is when all I have are achievement watches and not quest watches. This seems to be a flaw in the base wow tracker since before 4.0 so may still be there.

The frame will not appear at all if nothing is being tracked at all. Was it an item being tracked before the addition of my addon ? Perhaps untracking and then re-tracking will fix the problem.

I'm not sure what else could be going wrong here as all I am doing is placing the default watch frame into a scrolling frame to allow you to watch more at once whilst not taking up more space on your screen. I use it myself and have done since it came out.

And just in case something else is happening I can't think of right now could you use the paperclip icon to attach a screenshot of the game at the point where you are expecting something to be shown with the options on display for the addon. Something may be messing up somewhere but I need a place to start to resolve it.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
12-23-10, 07:32 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh, just noticed you have installed nUI_Infopanel_Dualstats plugin without nUI. Just in case that is in issue remove that addon if you are not using nUI which seems to be the case and see if that resolves the issue.

My addon looks for nUI and some variables and may think nUI is active and then does something that will work for nUI but not for you because of your different set up.

Characters:

12-23-10, 09:56 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The reason for it only displaying 2 quests before is due to an addon moving the WatchFrame but not resetting the height. You see, the WatchFrame is different from most frames we move about in that it gets its height from two SetPoint calls. Top anchored to one place and bottom anchored to another. When an addon changes this, the WatchFrame resets to its default height, which is only tall enough to show @ 2 quests. You need WatchFrame:SetHeight(300) or however tall you want it to fix this.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-23-10, 10:28 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thats what I don't get Seerah. Even the default settings should allow more than 2 objectives to show.

Default ScrollFrame Height = 200
Default ScrollFrame Width = 300
Default ScrollFrame Scrolling Height = 1000

This should allow plenty of objectives to show without changing anything.

So now I am wondering if it's a hierarchy thing and the frame has moved itself to where it would be on nUI and is hiding underneath something. Hence the screenshot request. Also, it might be minimised, which would also explain the lack of objective display.

Characters:

12-23-10, 03:05 PM   #6
Overlordjoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You can see up at the top where it says tracking two objectives. I deleted the nUI dual stats folder. I am going to check and see if its a layering problem real quick. I will post back if it helps moving it or moving stuff farther back.
12-23-10, 03:10 PM   #7
Overlordjoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Here I have both the WatchFrame addon open and the move anything for watch frame open.

Is there any other addons that could be interfering?
12-23-10, 03:47 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What does this give you in your chat window?

/dump GetTrackedAchievements()
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-23-10, 04:31 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, I think I know what might be the problem.

Right click the Objectives title and see what options are ticked. You might have turned off Achievements, Quests or Remote Objectives. Probably the latter. The number in brackets is telling me you have quests tracked but the disply is saying that you are telling it not to be displayed for some reason.

Of course it could be bugged. I won't say my addon is 100% working 100% of the time. So check that possibility out.

If you haven't unticked those options then try moving the Scrolling Watchframe around and see if they miraculously appear. If it does then that means something has taken over control of the blizzard watch frame and not letting the scrolling watch frame move it.

Characters:

12-23-10, 05:21 PM   #10
Overlordjoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
New developments.

/dump GetTrackedAchievements()
responded with :empty result

I had everything checked properly.

I tried moving it around where it originally was and here is what I got.

For some reason with moveanything, and watch frame it is still not letting me move it from this position.

I personally still have no idea why though. =/
12-23-10, 05:24 PM   #11
Overlordjoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I disabled move everything to see if anything interesting happened, and now I am back to 2 quests only, but still unable to move it from the area on the right side of my screen.
12-23-10, 05:45 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And what options show up when you right click on the Objectives Title.

There should be stuff about the sort order and then what to display. What options are ticked or not are the key factor here to know what may be causing the problem.

However, it shouldn't stop you from moving the frame, so I am not sure why that is happening.

Hmm, try checking and unchecking the lock box. Might have bugged out somewhere and think it is locked, I don't think I've come across that bug before but I could be wrong.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 12-23-10 at 05:48 PM.
12-23-10, 05:52 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Oh wait, based on that last screenshot it looks like it may be freaking out because of the sizing you have set up.

Select reset variables and see if that gets things to a point when you have a small frame to work with then slowly resize it while it is in the center of the screen. Then move it to where you want it to be.

It might be that changing the width while the frame is on the far right freaks it out and changing the height while the frame is on the deep bottom freaks it too as it is trying to extend it right and down accordingly which it tries to do by moving the left and top sections of the frame. I will have to investigate this to see if this is what is causing your problem and thus if there is a way to stop it from bugging out but delicately fixing itself instead.

Characters:

12-24-10, 01:45 AM   #14
Overlordjoo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
These are the same options I have had all along selected.
I have managed to move it left now, by using move anything and dragging left. It still will not move the objectives higher up though. (Shown by the second screen shot)

12-24-10, 01:54 AM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm yep, theres something crazy going there. I've had that effect happen sometimes even with nUI loaded and a reload of the UI would resolve it so not sure if that would solve it for you as it seems to be doing it everytime which isn't the case for myself.

You might want to try Seerah's Quest Watch addon and see how that works for you. Maybe my one has more problems for people not using nUI although I did spend days testing without nUI as well to ensure it worked as well without nUI active but I might have missed something.

Characters:

12-24-10, 01:09 PM   #16
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I would suggest *not* using two different things try to control the watch frame.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Quest Objectives not showing up.