07-17-12, 07:13 PM   #81
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Made a start on the new Lite version of the code so hopefully by tomorrow night I should have a version to test.

However, I don't seem to be getting any errors on the nUI+ version with the new patch and my latest patch change files so not sure why you are getting problems. I'll add that to the other tasks I hope to get sorted before I disappear off again for a few days.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-18-12, 04:32 AM   #82
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
All the errors I got are with nUI 5.07.24 (Lite) and patch files from either 08/07/2012 (get 1 LUA error) or 12/07/2012 (get loads of errors).

Not tried nUI+ yet (always used Lite, as I rarely raid anything above 10man, not including LfR).

Last edited by Daveo77 : 07-19-12 at 01:23 PM.

07-18-12, 04:31 PM   #83
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Did you get errors with the 12/07/2012 patch files before the latest beta patch was updated ? Just wondering if the error you are getting is linked to the new pet battle action bar.

Characters:

07-19-12, 01:22 PM   #84
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Did you get errors with the 12/07/2012 patch files before the latest beta patch was updated ? Just wondering if the error you are getting is linked to the new pet battle action bar.
I don't know, as I didn't get a chance to try the 12/07/2012 patch files before the latest beta patch.

07-20-12, 01:01 AM   #85
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
My apologies for not having an update for the latest beta patch. This week has been hell at work ... and the olympics haven't even started yet so can only imagine how bad it will be while they are happening .... I'll try to get something sorted over the weekend.

Characters:

07-20-12, 08:44 AM   #86
Seer
A Molten Giant
No worries X, haven't had to time to update the client myself yet. We're all glad you're helping out.

Plenty of time left to fix things if needed, release isn't next week anyway.. :-/

07-20-12, 01:35 PM   #87
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Strangely enough it seems te be fine now.

I used to get it in a previous build, but then, IIRC, it would throw a fit and it would work the next try. Few days ago, just after pet battles went live, it would throw up the error as soon as I selected a glyph (again, IIRC) or when I tried to right click a glyph (to clear it).

Well.. If it works now, perhaps it was hotfixed or so..
Talking to myself, I either don't have my head on or so but I think I somehow got glyphs and talents mixed up..

Trying to change glyphs gets blocked once currently, after that it works. Changing talents keeps getting blocked... :-/

For good news tho, the ptr is up, so release is a step closer.

/edit and now it keeps blocking glyph changes as well... darn game.. Only unlearned/learned my second talents...

Last edited by Seer : 07-20-12 at 02:08 PM.

07-21-12, 04:16 PM   #88
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, finally finished the conversion of my 5.0.1 changes into the Lite version of nUI. Looks like the changes in 5.0.3 introduced a loading order problem with the Unit files. Once I reordered a file the errors went away.

Pet Battle Frame needs to be sorted out. The Header part I think I'll try and add to the mover system and the lower part to the action bar system. Crossing fingers that it works.

However, I did leave out the talent/inspect changes I incorporated for 5.0.1 to get rid of the error that kept happening. Apparently that error doesn't happen anymore so no point bringing it back for the moment.

And the clicking of glyphs that cause the error message to appear is inside the blizzard code so can't do too much there.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-21-12 at 04:30 PM.

07-21-12, 06:29 PM   #89
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay uploaded the Lite Version for those playing that version.

Will Update the Plus Version tomorrow after I have had some sleep.

But in the mean time here are some screenshots of the PetBattleFrame in action.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072212_005843.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	7035  

Characters:

07-22-12, 05:48 AM   #90
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah cool,

Looks like the vehicle problem I was getting that removed the player info was either caused by some of the code I commented out thinking it fixed a 5.0.1 error message or some blizzard code that was fixed. The former I ended up not incorporating the 'fix' and the latter being somewhat similarly likely so hard to say what the cause for it working now.

Unfortunately, due to the access for the main nUI Plus version I can only release the files that have been changed rather than a full copy of the addon. I'm sure you understand where I am coming from.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072212_124601.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	7036  

Characters:

07-22-12, 06:22 AM   #91
Seer
A Molten Giant
So.. Did you get some sleep or?

Thanks again :-)
I'll see if I can get some time to update and look around again...

07-22-12, 07:03 AM   #92
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I managed to get about 4 or 5 hours last night ... woke up 3 hrs earlier than I intended.

Characters:

07-22-12, 04:38 PM   #93
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Okay uploaded the Lite Version for those playing that version.
Managed to log into beta with nUI Lite, and no LUA errors now

07-23-12, 12:37 AM   #94
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
woot cool,

now for the errors to occur when you group up or fight haha

Characters:

07-29-12, 02:58 PM   #95
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, updated the patches on Lite and Plus for 5.0.4 with the addition of the Priest and Monk Power Bars being added to the mover system.

For some reason they are underneath the PetBattle mover frame but can be rectified by moving the bigger frame temporarily out of the way to access the frames unable to be moved otherwise.

I've still not done any group or dungeon stuff yet so not sure of any error possibilities there but barring those possibles and the definite message that occurs for a lot of addons when clicking on the glyphs I haven't come across any other errors.

Characters:

07-31-12, 04:38 AM   #96
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
OOh, party/raid problem .. Guess I missed that one

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitReaction.lua:604: attempt to call upvalue 'GetRaidRosterInfo' (a nil value)
Time: 07/31/12 11:33:51
Count: 1
Stack: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitReaction.lua:604: in function `updateReactionInfo'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitReaction.lua:293: in function <Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitReaction.lua:275>

Locals: self = <table> {
 updateLevelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLevel.lua:586
 refreshReadyCheckCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitReadyCheck.lua:358
 unregisterClassCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitClass.lua:500
 deletePortraitFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:603
 notifyCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCache.lua:862
 deleteLevelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLevel.lua:562
 createUnit = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_Unit.lua:328
 registerCombatCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCombat.lua:190
 configFeedbackColor = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:570
 configCastBar = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCasting.lua:414
 deletePvPFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:568
 refreshThreatCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitThreat.lua:540
 registerPortraitCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:278
 refreshComboPointsCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitComboPoints.lua:321
 refreshPortraitCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:386
 getUnitInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCache.lua:673
 createRoleFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRole.lua:443
 registerPvPCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:270
 refreshFeedbackCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:850
 updateComboPointsInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitComboPoints.lua:290
 createPvPFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:436
 unregisterLabelCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLabel.lua:270
 refreshRestingCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitResting.lua:300
 updatePvPFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPvp.lua:592
 createGCDFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitGCD.lua:206
 configFeedback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:555
 updatePortraitFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPortrait.lua:627
 registerFeedbackCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitFeedback.lua:609
 unregisterStatusCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitStatus.lua:294
 deletePowerFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitPower.lua:778
 updateLabelInfo = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLabel.lua:308
 createRunesFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRunes.lua:453
 deleteCombatFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitCombat.lua:441
 configAura = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:1172
 registerLevelCallback = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLevel.lua:267
 createLabelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLabel.lua:364
 refreshRangeCallbacks = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitRange.lua:598
 updateLabelFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitLabel.lua:560
 updateGCDFrame = <function> defined @Interface\AddOns\nUI\Units\nUI_UnitGCD.lua:368
 unregisterRaidGroup

Characters:

07-31-12, 05:34 AM   #97
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Well figured out the other problem. GetRaidRosterInfo never changed haha. Reset those changes back.

Another error though in main blizz code when you go from raid to party that causes the blizz raid frames to stay on screen. Dridzt has posted the problem on the main forums so hopefully it will get fixed in a timely manner.

Code:
Message: ...ames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameReservationManager.lua:8: assertion failed!
Time: 07/31/12 12:29:34
Count: 4
Stack: [C]: in function `assert'
...ames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameReservationManager.lua:8: in function `CompactRaidFrameReservation_GetFrame'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:339: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_GetUnitFrame'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:314: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_AddUnitFrame'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:293: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_AddFlaggedUnits'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:169: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_LayoutFrames'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:130: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_TryUpdate'
...actRaidFrames\Blizzard_CompactRaidFrameContainer.lua:57: in function `CompactRaidFrameContainer_OnEvent'
[string "*:OnEvent"]:1: in function <[string "*:OnEvent"]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = nil

Characters:

08-08-12, 04:43 PM   #98
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Do I take the lack of comments since the last update that there are no problems left between nUI and MoP. I still haven't personally tested dungeon runs and I haven't raided since early cata so I doubt my gear on my 2 best toons will be anywhere near good enough now rofl.

Characters:

08-09-12, 02:10 AM   #99
Seer
A Molten Giant
Haven't been able to log on due to lack of time :-/

But now when I try to log on it disconnects after server selection, no matter what server or having any addons installed or none... Darn...

08-10-12, 05:21 PM   #100
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
New error in the latest patch:

Code:
Message: Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Bags.lua:165: hooksecurefunc(): updateContainerFrameAnchors is not a function
Time: 08/11/12 00:18:49
Count: 1
Stack: [C]: in function `hooksecurefunc'
Interface\AddOns\nUI\Integration\nUI_Bags.lua:165: in main chunk

Locals:
Rofl, sheesh, easy fix, they just changed the u to U.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » beta