02-10-10, 01:15 PM   #1
Golgatha
A Murloc Raider
Omen not working.. and now recount

For the past week or so, omen has not been working within NUI. It may be longer, but I just started healing again (so I just noticed) so now I actually care about such things as aggro and what the stupid dps are doing.
I have the latest versions of all my addons, and they haven't changed since this began.. i think this has been since the latest patch. It's not that omen doesn't show up.. it does.. just no data appears as the fight begins. Doesn't matter if I'm solo, party or raid.
Last night I ran an instance as dps (so of course I switched to recount vs. omen) and noticed that recount wasn't registering either. Recount was working Monday night. I don't really know how much to worry about that since lots of things were crazy last night on our server US-Malfurion.
Any thoughts... yes, I've unloaded NUI and my omen works.. almost left that out. Thanks for any help.

Gölgatha
80 - Undead Priest, US Malfurion

02-10-10, 01:59 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, just tested both the built in omen infopanel and the decursive/omen infopanel I wrote and they both work fine for me. Perhaps a setting somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_021010_195158.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	303.6 KB
ID:	3964  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_021010_195100.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	3965  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

02-10-10, 02:52 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Or chuck both and install Skada ~smile~

As best as I can tell, they are both working for me, as well. I suspect Xrystal is right.... a setting somewhere maybe?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-11-10, 10:52 AM   #4
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Both worked for me last night and this morning. Latest Omen, latest Recount, and the current nUI plugin to display both in the same infopanel.

Marth

02-11-10, 03:50 PM   #5
Golgatha
A Murloc Raider
Omen not working... and now recount

First - thanks for the rapid responses...
Before I logged in last night I removed both recount and omen, entered the game, exited and then downloaded and installed them back.
I also did that with the NUI plugin, but apparently I got the wrong one, cause now I see them at the same time (split screen) instead of separate panes... but I kinda like that better anyway....... nvm tangent.
So, Omen and Recount back to working just fine... woot!
Crap.... now I noticed I had 0/25 quests in my quest log. I had 25/25 the night before. I use carbonite... so let's go uninstall carbonite and do the whole thing we just did with omen/recount.
So after removing carbonite - bam, there's my quests.. and hey wait a minute this is kinda nice.... hmmm maybe I don't need carbonite. I have gatherer, I have lightheaded.. if i could just find a little arrow to point me the right way.
Anyways - not sure what happened, all I know is uninstalling and installing is seeming to help. Tonight I'm removing Outfitter to see if I really need it or not. What I really need to play this game is coming down to NUI and just a handful of other addons.. and I have to remember to hit fade when I'm close to pulling wife aggro.. anyways thanks.

Gölgatha - 80 Undead Priest, US-Malfurion

02-11-10, 04:07 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Golgatha View Post
I have gatherer, I have lightheaded.. if i could just find a little arrow to point me the right way.
Take a look at TomTom

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html

***EDIT***

Another little companion addon I just stumbled across that sounds ideal...... Questpointer

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...stpointer.aspx

Last edited by Vis : 02-11-10 at 04:32 PM.

02-11-10, 04:27 PM   #7
Golgatha
A Murloc Raider
Omen not working.. and now recount

thank you!

02-11-10, 05:43 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yes, if this is your first time using nUI it is usually a good idea to try playing without any other addons to see if there is anything missing from your day to day requirements. nUI has many features but if you use another addon before using nUI you can miss them or have conflicts when they try and do the same stuff or show you the same information.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

02-11-10, 10:05 PM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Yes, if this is your first time using nUI it is usually a good idea to try playing without any other addons to see if there is anything missing from your day to day requirements. nUI has many features but if you use another addon before using nUI you can miss them or have conflicts when they try and do the same stuff or show you the same information.
That's kinda where I sit right now with nUI and Shock and Awe. SAA is great, and it's more flexible in terms of "rotation" than nUI seems to be, but it does take up a lot of screen real estate. I haven't decided yet whether to keep it.

02-16-10, 11:27 AM   #10
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
In support of Carbonite....

Why have Gatherer and Carbonite at the same time? Carbonite does the same thing, allows for routing of nodes, etc. But, if all you really use is the Gathering features and map changes, you could use Gatherer.

Like previously stated Tomtom for the arrow works well. I think lightheaded can also be hedged by Carbonite also. I have lightheaded for when I was leveling up alts and using TourGuide (which also required Tomtom).

Edit: Fixed a missing letter and added below.

I love reading these forums because I get insight into other addons like skada. It looks useful, but I don't see an infopanel plug in for nUI like there is for Omen/Recount. Now, I like seeing both listed at the same time (play a druid - so good to see threat, and if I have to Brez a dps, I like to Brez a good one). Is there an infopanel for Skada, or could it be done easily enough. It looks like the mod is capable of handling both Omen/Recount at the same time.

Last edited by schizophrena : 02-16-10 at 11:35 AM.

02-16-10, 11:49 AM   #11
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You don't need an info panel plugin for Skada... that is built right into nUI. In fact, you don't actually need an info panel for Omen or Recount either as they are also built into nUI. The only reason you need info panel plugins for Recount and Omen is if you want to combine them both into a single info panel page (a la nUI_InfoPanel_Stats and nUI_InfoPanel_DualStats) -- Skada shows both threat and damage in the same panel by default, so no plugin needed.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-16-10, 01:03 PM   #12
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You don't need an info panel plugin for Skada... that is built right into nUI. In fact, you don't actually need an info panel for Omen or Recount either as they are also built into nUI. The only reason you need info panel plugins for Recount and Omen is if you want to combine them both into a single info panel page (a la nUI_InfoPanel_Stats and nUI_InfoPanel_DualStats) -- Skada shows both threat and damage in the same panel by default, so no plugin needed.
When I saw this I went and DL'd skada and put it in - going to have to test on a random dungeon now! (even has absorbs, I love that as a disc priest)

Last edited by schizophrena : 02-16-10 at 02:17 PM.

02-16-10, 08:36 PM   #13
Golgatha
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by schizophrena View Post
In support of Carbonite....

Why have Gatherer and Carbonite at the same time? Carbonite does the same thing, allows for routing of nodes, etc. But, if all you really use is the Gathering features and map changes, you could use Gatherer.

Like previously stated Tomtom for the arrow works well. I think lightheaded can also be hedged by Carbonite also. I have lightheaded for when I was leveling up alts and using TourGuide (which also required Tomtom).
Thanks for that.. I never realized this was built into Carbonite. As a follow up - I tried TomTom, but doesn't work for me. Back to Carbonite which is working with no problems.
In fact I followed someones advice and unloaded all my addons and have been selectively adding them back one at a time - after determining that I really need them. So thanks to all who provided help on this.

Gölgatha - 80 Undead Priest, US-Malfurion

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Omen not working.. and now recount