03-30-10, 09:22 PM   #1
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Beta UI

Hopefully I'm not insane when I think this looks good.

http://www.phpar.com/ui/Idle.jpg

http://www.phpar.com/ui/Target-Casting.jpg

http://www.phpar.com/ui/Combat.jpg

Res: 1920x1080

Download:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=16370

Installation:
Backup your Font, Interface, WTF folders and copy over the new ones.

Ingame:
/reflux switch spAnserUI

Then the titan bar up top right click go down to profiles and load the custom one. Also Grid may need the custom profile loaded.

BTW The minimap button frame that says mbf on it right click it to hide the minimap buttons.

Known Issues:
Target casting bar

Known Resolutions
1920x1080
1366x768 - The minimap is a little to the left you can scoot it over by unlocking it. And the font size may need adjusting.

Most addons now a days use a percentage of the screen and most UIs save to match positions on any resolution. Let me know what resolutions you tested it on.

Last edited by spAnser : 04-02-10 at 03:30 PM. Reason: removed link to 3rd party site
03-30-10, 09:54 PM   #2
AxnJackson11
A Fallenroot Satyr
casting pic site comes up as an error
03-30-10, 09:57 PM   #3
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

I am not a fan of blocking out the entire bottom of the UI - I like more minimalistic UIs that hide as much as possible. Just my 2 cents - you asked

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

03-30-10, 09:59 PM   #4
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

i linked the wrong file name
03-31-10, 01:38 AM   #5
AxnJackson11
A Fallenroot Satyr
do you use a viewport addon when blocking out the bottom so you aren't actually covering part of the gameplay?
03-31-10, 03:17 AM   #6
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by AxnJackson11 View Post
do you use a viewport addon when blocking out the bottom so you aren't actually covering part of the gameplay?
yes im using skinner which has a viewport section and its set
03-31-10, 03:23 AM   #7
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I don't like UI's that take up 25% of my valueable screen space. I'm sorry
03-31-10, 03:58 AM   #8
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
apparently you dont have a 23" monitor where screen space is there to spare
03-31-10, 04:00 AM   #9
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by spAnser View Post
apparently you dont have a 23" monitor where screen space is there to spare
I have a 19" with 1440*900. Not much to spare no.

Don't get me wrong, I encourage the making of UI's, just saying I wouldn't download/use it. Still I suggest you upload your interface anyway so people can download and try it.
03-31-10, 08:33 AM   #10
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Flarin View Post
I am not a fan of blocking out the entire bottom of the UI - I like more minimalistic UIs that hide as much as possible. Just my 2 cents - you asked
I have a 19" with 1440*900. Not much to spare no.

Don't get me wrong, I encourage the making of UI's, just saying I wouldn't download/use it. Still I suggest you upload your interface anyway so people can download and try it.
i also perfer minimal ui, looks too cloudy.
03-31-10, 08:46 AM   #11
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

While the style is not one that i've used in quite some time i would say upload it.

Looks like you've done a nice job keeping it neat. I would suggest tweaking the unit frames a little bit as your cast bar overlaps the text at the base of the frames. I would also tweak the mana bars n the frames themselves as they overlap test somewhat.

Overall its nicely done and it looks that just a little adjustment to finish it up is all you need.

Hope that helps =)

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
03-31-10, 10:24 AM   #12
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I personally don't bother with the uploading of UIs anymore. I've gotten the feeling from reading through forums that unless you have a very basic UI, it doesn't serve much purpose being uploaded. Everyone has their own tastes and pet peeves about their UI, and unless yours fits their ideal (or close to it) the most they will do with it is download it, and use it as a starting point to tweak it beyond recognition to fit their needs. I think threads like Screen Shots of your UI are just as helpful when giving people ideas to start with and letting them build their own (since that is essentially what they end up doing anyway).
03-31-10, 10:41 AM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
It looks pretty good from what I can see and is worth uploading if you want to let other people try it out for themselves. What you have to bear in mind though with this thread is that alot of people download without even having a forum account here so you won't necessarily get a true picture of interest until you see the downloads themselves. I personally have been keeping track of my addon download history the last week and was quite surprised how many people were downloading them in that time. Even addons I haven't touched in a year that, seeing as I haven't had a comment saying otherwise, are still working fine. Rofl.

Being an avid nUI user I don't even bother trying to make my own UI set up now as nUI does everything I want and allows me to grow it with my own additions to share.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-31-10 at 10:44 AM.
03-31-10, 11:30 AM   #14
Saiket
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Just release it. It looks different, and I'm sure there are plenty of players that would like it. Best of all, you're sure to get plenty of suggestions, and you might like some of them. Worst of all, you'll get plenty of suggestions... Know when to hold your ground and leave someone else's ideas out. Its the differences that make your UI stand out, not its similarities to other packages.

Not to mention UIs designed for your resolution are probably rare, so you'd be filling a niche.
03-31-10, 12:40 PM   #15
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Saiket View Post
Not to mention UIs designed for your resolution are probably rare, so you'd be filling a niche.
I've seen a quite a few 1920x1080 resolution U'Is
04-01-10, 10:43 PM   #16
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

Has anyone downloaded it yet?

Been a couple days since I've seen any replies
04-02-10, 04:49 AM   #17
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Hopefully I'm not insane when I think this looks good.
It doesn't really... But that is my personal opinion. You can take it or leave it in the jar!
04-02-10, 02:43 PM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by spAnser View Post
Has anyone downloaded it yet?

Been a couple days since I've seen any replies
Ah, I see there was a download link edited into your OP. I have removed it, as we cannot vouch for the security of our users on external sites. If you would like to offer your UI for download, feel free to upload it to this site. It's free and easy.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-02-10, 03:19 PM   #19
spAnser
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Ah, I see there was a download link edited into your OP. I have removed it, as we cannot vouch for the security of our users on external sites. If you would like to offer your UI for download, feel free to upload it to this site. It's free and easy.
Then what is the reason for the Pre-Beta Interface section on the forums if we have to upload it anyways? And when I asked that question the link was still there
04-02-10, 04:53 PM   #20
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

The Service may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because ZAM has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that ZAM is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that ZAM shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such Content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
As I see it, links should be fine. Just that WoWInterface is not responsible if you get viruses ("damage"), yadda, yadda.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Who is interested?