03-23-11, 12:15 AM   #1
Connrad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Vehicle issue

When I get into a vehicle (i.e. during Gnomebliteration), my screen becomes filled with a giant vehicle dismount button. If I log out, turn nUI off and log back in, everything is normal. However, this is obviously not the optimal way to play, heh. Any ideas on what's going on?

03-23-11, 05:19 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, very unusual, did you notice this happen before or is this the first character that has gone through that quest ?

I have had 6 toons go through that quest with no problems so far but that was at least a month back for my most recent.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

03-23-11, 05:15 PM   #3
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, vehicle bars are handled differently than others. They're kinda annoying to code around. You say nUI has the bar set weird? I would say that sounds like your nUI settings are screwed up. If you uninstall it, not just disable it, and run the game again, exit, so it'll erase the settings... (or delete its settings in your wtf file)

-Crissa

03-23-11, 05:43 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
ah yeah, that would be Scott's suggestion there .. rofl .. rename the wtf folder and run wow and see if it works then.

if it does then something in your wtf folder is messed up so rename the folder back to restore the rest of your settings (if of course you need them all ) and just rename the nUI.lua file ( you might have to do this for all characters having the problem if its not affecting all characters ). Run wow and the rest of your settings should be restored and nUI should rebuild its own back up again.

If it works great, you've fixed the problem. If it still doesn't work at this point the nUI settings cant be the cause. You would have to identify what other wtf files may be interfering instead or reset all settings if resetting your changes are gonna be easier

I am imagining the nUI vehicle bar extra large and not the blizzard vehicle bar. There is a big difference there so a screen shot may be in order here before you try the above as it may be an entirely different problem if you are still getting the blizzard vehicle bar to appear. You can attach a screenshot by using the manage attachments option on posting a reply to this thread.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 03-23-11 at 05:46 PM.

03-23-11, 07:17 PM   #5
Connrad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, first I turned off every addon except nUI and tried to get into the cannons in Tol Barad (I get the same issue there) and it did it again. Then I renamed my WTF file, restarted the game and got on the cannon...same thing. The first shot is what my screen looks like...the big red exit arrow pic is what it looks like when I get in/on any vehicle.

It is not an addon interfering with nUI and it is not a bad WTF file...any other ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_032311_181144.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	5897  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_032311_181149.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	5898  

03-23-11, 07:24 PM   #6
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Who's Scott?

Holy cow, that's a big icon. And you say this is happening now in vanilla UI?

-Crissa

03-23-11, 07:37 PM   #7
Connrad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No, it does not happen with bliz ui. I kept nUI installed, but started a new WTF file and got the same results. All I have to do is disable UI in the addon menu, and if I log back in with the regular blizz UI, the vehicle bar looks fine.

03-23-11, 07:39 PM   #8
Connrad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
PS Scott is the first name of the creator of nUI =)

03-23-11, 08:35 PM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, very strange. I've been using vehicles in the last few minutes with little problems. But, looking at your screen I can see you have a different set up with your action buttons to regular nUI. Is that a nUI plugin or another action bar addon you have running there ? But then the same problem with just regular unmodified nUI5 right ?

I vaguely remember something similar happening months back like this .. starting to look like a trawl through the old posts and see if I can find it again. I know at least one post was to do with the mini map taking up the whole game screen like that and we did resolve it at the time if memory serves.

Characters:

03-23-11, 08:42 PM   #10
Connrad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am using the standard nUI buttons, I just resized them (following one of Scott's posts) and changed the number of buttons...hmm, I wonder if it is acting weird because I changed the number of buttons on the bar.

I configure my bottons like that, because they match my G13 game pad I use.

03-23-11, 08:49 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I thought it was a customised version .. in the words of Scott .. 'just for grins' backup your customised nUI and download the latest standard one and see if that makes a difference.

Here's a screenshot that I just took showing, albeit an extra button, but the leave buttons are small.

Interesting thing to check though is type /framestack and hover over the big button. Hopefully the tooltip will be visible over it and will tell you which one it is as in my case the buttons are 2 different ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_032411_024641.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	5900  

Characters:

03-23-11, 09:32 PM   #12
Connrad
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Victory is mine!

I went back in and left the buttons small, but reset all the bars to 12 columns, then went to Ulduar and hopped on a bike and it worked =). I guess you shouldn't reset the length of the main bar =P

03-23-11, 09:44 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Cool glad its all working now rofl .. make a note not to do that again rofl :P

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Vehicle issue