11-12-08, 09:35 AM   #1561
dreamtgm
A Murloc Raider
bag button

I suspect that you may not find this in most bag mods, since I believe they only modify the bag window and not the buttons. The buttons you refer to are part of the micro-bar, thus you might want to look at "bar" mods, such as Bartender, Dominoes, etc. for a "hide" option on this bar. These may conflict with nUI however, so be careful.

Another idea would be to look at MoveAnything or other frame modification mods. I believe MoveAnything can hide the player bags separately from the backpack (servers are still down, so I can't verify this at the moment) as well as allow you to move the backpack around your screen. I don't know if this would cause problems with nUI, so again be careful.

Originally Posted by KiwiiDawn View Post
Well No rush for you to day spiel2001 as the silly games been down lol.

Shammah thanks for you tips on ArkInventory, I like what i see but sadly it does nto like me I posted a ticket over there hope he can help.

I think what i was more looking for is like a micro or button that just shows just one bug button and the map mini buttons bag only and not all the other bags in the bag line up. only show one button and not all of emm.

Maybe there's a command for it and i am just not seeing it. If there is not one it mite be nice to add to the nUI. Show only backpack/mini button bag/keys.

Well Don't push you self to hard there spiel2001, your doing great.

11-12-08, 09:45 AM   #1562
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How bad would it be for Bliz if they can't sort out this issue by midnight?

~lol~

Can't help but wonder how many jobs are on the line right about now.

In any event... an option to display only the backpack button is one I could add easily enough. It's really just cosmetic when it comes down to it since the one bag mods already give you the functionality, they just don't hide the button.

Shammah thanks for you tips on ArkInventory, I like what i see but sadly it does nto like me I posted a ticket over there hope he can help.

I think what i was more looking for is like a micro or button that just shows just one bug button and the map mini buttons bag only and not all the other bags in the bag line up. only show one button and not all of emm.

Maybe there's a command for it and i am just not seeing it. If there is not one it mite be nice to add to the nUI. Show only backpack/mini button bag/keys.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

11-12-08, 11:31 AM   #1563
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Well I have used the talked about mods for my action bars but love nUi layout and others would take up extra space, and mess it up for me lol..
So Ill just live with it no biggy realy. I still need to try out out the fix for ark i got told about but alas t'is 11:30 here and still no wow.

I read somethign in your next version you were making a / command for the minimap button right? if so I think that will fix it well for me. then i can just key bind it

well guess that it for now wile i am getting bored , ran out of house work and other stuff to do , I keep thinking or makeing a panel my self just for fun. read up on it so mite give it a toss around.

11-12-08, 01:15 PM   #1564
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

arkinvintory doesn't change the bag buttons, that is something that has to be done with in nUI, i don't think that has been added to the nUI code or if its even in the plans

11-12-08, 09:10 PM   #1565
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation WotLK compatible nUI Beta 4 has been publicly released...

The first publicly available release of nUI Beta 4 is now available for download. This release is compatible with WotLK and ready for play with the new expansion pack.

That said, there are three issues that remain incomplete at this time as a result of Bliz having taken the public test servers for WotLK down last week:

1) nUI Beta 4 does not yet implement a vehicle panel. When you enter a vehicle the default Bliz vehicle panel with overlay nUI's dashboard. The panel should function normally. You *may* experience graphic artifacts and/or issues with your keybindings after you exit the vehicle. If you do, use the '/nui rl' command to reload the UI and the issue will be resolved.

2) nUI Beta 4 does not yet integrate the Death Knight's Rune Frame. The rune frame will appear in the upper left of the display area for Death Knights and functions as per the Bliz default.

3) As your Death Knight gains new presences the stance/shapeshift bar will not automatically update as it should. You will need to execute a '/nui rl' to reload the UI after you learn a new DK Presence.

I will be attending to all three of these issues as quickly as I can. I'll have my copy of WotLK when I get home from work tomorrow and will get started immediately on resolving those three issues and will then release another update.

In the meantime, this is the first public release of Beta 4 and as such will almost certainly have bugs in it. Please report bugs at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=108929 if at all possible, or you may either report any bugs you find on this comment board or via direct e-mail to [email protected]

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- WotLK issues still outstanding... these cannot get addressed until after the release
of WotLK as there is no longer a valid working WotLK test server /sigh

* New DK presences do not update the shapeshift bar

* Add management of the Bliz RuneFrame for Death Knights

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

-- generic issues outstanding

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

Known Bliz / nUI compatibility issues...

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known WoW 3.0.2 bug and beyond nUI's control. Hopefully Bliz will address it in
the next patch.

* Switching between windowed and non-windowed mode breaks nUI's textures and HUD -- this
is caused by a known Bliz bug in their video driver code and applies only to certain
graphics cards and video drivers. It is nearly random in terms of which mods it will
impact... anything from very complex to completely trivial mods are broken by this
bug but it is always mods that use custom textures. There is no fix. The only
workaround is to (a) avoid switching between windowed and non-windowed modes as much
as possible and use '/nui rl' to reload the user interface when it gets broken. It is
worth noting this bug affects Macs most often, but also impacts some PCs (such as
mine). This bug has been a round a very long time and no telling if or when it will
ever be fixed.

* If your mouse buttons 4 and 5 do not work for click-casting on unit frames, make
sure your mouse driver is sending mouse button clicks and not key presses. You can
do this by going to the key binding interface and trying to bind autorun to mouse
button 4. If the key binding does not say "Button 4" or "Mouse Button 4" then the
issue is your mouse driver or driver settings. Bliz does not support key-presses
as mouse clicks directly and mods like Clique cannot detect key presses in that way.

To-Do List / Planned features

* Found a code solution to a WoW voice chat bug that caused WoW to thrown an error
when you right clicked a party member unit frame while voice chat was enabled

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it interferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 4.01.00 (Beta) -- First nUI Beta 4 Public release

* Fixed a bug in the '/nui bb' slash command that threw a secure frames error when
executed and preventing the button bag from being opened and closed. Note: you
cannot use the '/nui bb' command to open and close the button bag while in combat.

* Fixed a bug in the '/nui console {on|off|mousever}' command for German players that
caused the console to not work correctly. The correct commands are now set to
'/nui console on', '/nui console off' and '/nui console mouseover' -- nUI should
fix your configuration file when you first log in with this patch, however, you
may still need to issue the command to set the console option you desire.

* Added a '/nui onebag' slash command which toggles nUI's display of the full bag bar
on and off. By default, nUI displays the backpack, your four extra bag slots, the
minimap button bag and the keyring on the bag bar. Toggling this command will shrink
the bag bar to just the backpack, minimap button bag and keyring for compatability
with mods such as ArkInventory and other onebag type mods.

* Updated German localization file (thank you Marcel)

11-12-08, 10:43 PM   #1566
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
The first publicly available release of nUI Beta 4 is now available for download. This release is compatible with WotLK and ready for play with the new expansion pack.
Woot!!!

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.
I've only had this happen once, and that was a while ago. It might be something with the SavedVariables?

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled
Newest version of nUI and Titan Panel seem to be fixed.

So far so good. Good luck to all with their adventures in Northrend.

11-13-08, 03:16 AM   #1567
Xastrax
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Good Morning,
the new version is great but i would like to change something.
how can i Replace the combat log at the right side with a normal chat window lige guild, party or Raid- chat

greetz
Chris

11-13-08, 04:18 AM   #1568
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Xastrax View Post
Good Morning,
the new version is great but i would like to change something.
how can i Replace the combat log at the right side with a normal chat window lige guild, party or Raid- chat
Would love that to have that one myself. Why didn't I request it before...

11-13-08, 06:56 AM   #1569
Sodorfo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
some buffs not showing in 4.01.00

lures on fishing poles werent showing and neither were aspects till ya recast then disaooear again.

11-13-08, 07:35 AM   #1570
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Sodorfo View Post
lures on fishing poles werent showing and neither were aspects till ya recast then disaooear again.
This one keeps popping back up and I'm starting to wonder why... I can no longer reproduce this problem at all. Are you playing on a US or European server? If you disable all mods except nUI, does the problem persist?

I'm not trying to duck the problem, I'm just trying to get at what the root cause is as I cannot make it happen on my system.

11-13-08, 03:33 PM   #1571
DtM2000
A Defias Bandit
Error Message

Hi _ I am using the latest nUI which is great. However, I keep getting the following error message. It appears all the time, as soon as i Okay it back it comes. Thought I'd feed it back to you for some help and advice. Thanks.

Interface\AddOns\nUI\Bars\nUI_XPBar.lua:222:
attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil vallue)

11-13-08, 04:40 PM   #1572
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Need Help Testing - Warlocks Only

Can someone kindly play their warlock and make a imp and see if their IMP attacks normally? It seems none of their buttons work except click on follow and click fireball 1x. That is it. Every other warlock pet and hunter pet functions work fine it is just the IMP. Dont know if its the NUI or not so figure ask anyone to kindly try it out.

V/r
Belszy

11-13-08, 05:00 PM   #1573
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by DtM2000 View Post
Hi _ I am using the latest nUI which is great. However, I keep getting the following error message. It appears all the time, as soon as i Okay it back it comes. Thought I'd feed it back to you for some help and advice. Thanks.

Interface\AddOns\nUI\Bars\nUI_XPBar.lua:222:
attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil vallue)
DtM2000 -- it looks to me like you're getting some other critical error much earlier in the process because it would be impossible for you to get that error unless WoW failed to load the addon in correctly in the first place.

Can you check to see if you are getting any other error messages?

If you can't figure it out, drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy of Swatter which you can use to record all of the errors that occur. That way we can sort out why your load is failing.

11-13-08, 05:01 PM   #1574
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Belszy View Post
Can someone kindly play their warlock and make a imp and see if their IMP attacks normally? It seems none of their buttons work except click on follow and click fireball 1x. That is it. Every other warlock pet and hunter pet functions work fine it is just the IMP. Dont know if its the NUI or not so figure ask anyone to kindly try it out.

V/r
Belszy
Belszy -- I have a 70 lock and I've not experienced this issue, however, I'll retest to be sure. What level is the lock you're playing and is this occurring everywhere as soon as you log in, or perhaps in Northrend after you have exited a vehicle?

11-13-08, 05:28 PM   #1575
DtM2000
A Defias Bandit
DtM2000 -- it looks to me like you're getting some other critical error much earlier in the process because it would be impossible for you to get that error unless WoW failed to load the addon in correctly in the first place.

Can you check to see if you are getting any other error messages?

If you can't figure it out, drop me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a copy of Swatter which you can use to record all of the errors that occur. That way we can sort out why your load is failing.
Hi,

Thank you for your fast response - your work is truely amazing.

Just for feedback - I downloaded and installed the latest copy you put up a couple of posts back and the error message has disappeared.

Thanks
DtM

11-13-08, 05:31 PM   #1576
Belszy
An Aku'mai Servant
Warlock

Belszy -- I have a 70 lock and I've not experienced this issue, however, I'll retest to be sure. What level is the lock you're playing and is this occurring everywhere as soon as you log in, or perhaps in Northrend after you have exited a vehicle?

I have a level 26 warlock. I use the soul link and that is it. I can summon him doesnt do a thing. get a nice succubus or void no problems. Even the control 1 key works with them but with the imp nothing at all. He just sits there all day doing nothing. I can be hit, do spell, any action does nothing for him at all.

11-13-08, 05:38 PM   #1577
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Okay -- as soon as I finish installing the x-pack, I'll have a look

Originally Posted by Belszy View Post
I have a level 26 warlock. I use the soul link and that is it. I can summon him doesnt do a thing. get a nice succubus or void no problems. Even the control 1 key works with them but with the imp nothing at all. He just sits there all day doing nothing. I can be hit, do spell, any action does nothing for him at all.

11-13-08, 08:45 PM   #1578
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ugh...

So, the other day I started having serious computer issues largely compliments of my 10yo daughter's endless surfing of every "free" kids web site with a game for kids to play that inevitably includes adware or the like. So, I reformat the hard drive and install everything from scratch and the computer screams now... I'm getting frame rates in WoW as high as 110fps where I was averaging 50fps to as low as 6fps prior to the rebuild.

But that seems to be a problem all its own now. I log into WoW and within two or three minutes the computer shuts down because the video card has overheated... /sigh

So, I tear the computer completely apart, clean the fans, clean the dust out of everything and happen to notice the heat sinks are chocked full of cat hair and various schmagma of every description. Clean those out slick as a whistle and fire the computer back up.

Oops... having torn everything apart also means the BIOS lost battery power and all of its settings. Spend another 30 minutes getting all of that working again and reboot.

Yaay!

Windoze lives!

Log into WoW and ready to roll my DK and get started fixing the remaining DK issues in nUI and to play a little WotLK for real.

Not!

Kargath is full... current queue 879... estimated wait time 75 minutes

/cry

11-14-08, 12:32 AM   #1579
Moi1463
A Kobold Labourer
Capture Bar

Hi, i was using the /nui movers and was in a hurry in a BG and moved the capture bar off my screen and now i can't seem to find it or reset it's position. Is there a command that i can reset it or anything? i've tried to uninstalling the addon and reinstalling it, but still no capture bar. thanks in advance.

11-14-08, 05:01 AM   #1580
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Had to wait on Terenas too spiel.I haven't seen cues for so long.One new server isn't gonna cut it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement