08-21-06, 01:09 AM   #1
Itheran
A Defias Bandit
Holofriends

I was woundering how i can achive the newer version of holofriends, i know the guy isnt working on it anymore, and he left a link for the maintained version, but for some friggan reason i cannot visit the webpage. mabe if someone can host it on another site possably? i do not check my posts often, so dont expect a response unfortunently. ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1106
08-21-06, 03:15 AM   #2
SkunkWerks
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, follow the bouncing ball...

From the page you linked comes the following link couched right at the top of the page shortly after the author explains he's not updating it anymore:

http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=1511

Which leads to "HoloFriends Continued" which, I also noted is "out of development" according to UI.WorldOfWar.Net, so then I scroll down a bit to the last comment left on that mod's page and I read that some chap with the startlingly dapper monniker of "BDKMPSS" has supposedly updated the mod at:

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...continued.html

Though, in reading the description for the addon at this page it doesn't seem like the one has anything to do with the other (I can't tell from the 100 x 100 pixel screenshots he submitted really). Beedeekayempeess' mod appears to be some sort of main tank assist thingy and the mod you're looking for is a friendslist mod.

>.>

<.<

Which is a shame since this looks like it was a great mod... when it was working. :/

Last edited by SkunkWerks : 08-21-06 at 03:18 AM.
08-21-06, 04:52 AM   #3
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

well, but on the download page for that MT mod there's also a HoloFriends file listed under 'Other' -> http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/download-17661.html
08-21-06, 09:21 AM   #4
SkunkWerks
A Fallenroot Satyr

Yeah, now that I look again (and it's not 5AM and I haven't slept in over 24 hours) I noticed that. Still, kinda confusing to couch it under the heading for some unrelated mod like that...

Actually the screenies of it were more impressive in the sense that they gave me ideas.

The mod itself is pretty cool, and I think mproving on the friends/ignore lists is an area of modding that really hasn't been taken advantage of much. I've said before that what I'd really like to see in a Friendslist mod was the ability to create Meta-contacts in the style of Trillian, that way the know alts of a given character could be easily grouped under one heading. the whole contact would then come on or go offline if any of the alts grouped under that heading logged on or off.

I'm less interested really in the ability to group friends by class, but it shows that more is possible.

Last edited by SkunkWerks : 08-21-06 at 09:27 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Holofriends