08-25-09, 12:14 PM   #1
Theodread
A Kobold Labourer
Question Tracking Node detector?

I'm curious if it is possible to make the screen or Minimap flash when a tracked node (mining or herbalism) shows up on the minimap? I often miss them if my attention is elsewhere.
08-25-09, 12:18 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been trying to figure that one out myself but there just doesn't seem to be a function to let you know whether a mine is showing on the minimap. Even though it is visually there. Guess it is one of those things they don't want us to have access to.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
08-25-09, 12:27 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Right. Addons are very limited in what they can do with the minimap. You can alter the minimap object itself, but anything displayed on/in the minimap is off-limits. This prevents botting/cheating.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-25-09, 12:50 PM   #4
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
There was a mod some time ago that could 'detect' nodes. Basically it moved the minimap under the mouse pointer (faster than you could see in theory) and when the TT actions fired it trapped them and detected the node. Not exactly the best solution but some people said it worked. Unfortunately I do not know the name of th emod any more but good luck finding it.
08-25-09, 02:26 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
meh... it "worked" but was very... uncomfortable to watch, so I heard. To have the minimap constantly flickering, once per frame drawn.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Tracking Node detector?