01-17-11, 05:02 AM   #1
Matthew2009
A Fallenroot Satyr

Pet/Stance Bars

I don't know if anyone else has posted a fix to this yet or not, didn't want to go looking through lots of topics to find out it hasn't so I'm just going to ask.

Is there a way to re-center the pet bar that nUi uses? On my warlock, I have a stance that is called Metamorphosis. The icon stays in the center but the bar for my warlock's pet seems to always be to the right of the icon for Metamorph. Is there a way to fix this so the stance bar and the pet bar are both centered across the top of the primary hot bar?

Also while I am at it, is there a way to increase the size of the pet and stance bar icons a bit?

Last edited by Matthew2009 : 01-17-11 at 05:07 AM.

01-17-11, 05:56 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There seems to be a problem at the moment with the pet/stance bar in that it seems to have a life of its own. I suspect its because they are joined to be a single bar in nUI but I'm not 100% sure on that.

As to resizing it there is a section in the layouts folder that allows you to change the size.

In the file nUI_Layout_Default_Dashboard.lua inside the nUI/Layouts/Default folder.

Each bar type is in it's own section so search until you find what looks to be the bar you want to change and change the following line :

btn_size = xx
to
btn_size = zz -- xx

xx being the original value and zz being the new value. This allows you to set it back if it doesn't work. You could even put your initials after the original values so you can find which line you changed easily by doing a search.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-17-11, 01:23 PM   #3
Matthew2009
A Fallenroot Satyr

Okay, thanks for the info about the moving pet/stance bars. Also, thanks for the way to change the size of the pet bar icons.

01-25-11, 11:44 AM   #4
haxxypoo
A Defias Bandit
I have the same problem on my hunter with my pet/aspect bar.

But since, I have bound my aspects to key bindings, I'd like to ask if there is a way to disable the aspect bar, and thereby only use the pet bar.

Is is possible through nUi code, or it is Blizzard related?

01-25-11, 11:46 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is "possible" but it would require a lot of cutting up the nUI code in nUI6. In nUI6 it is simple to do. I presume you're still running nUi5 though, yes?

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-25-11, 12:08 PM   #6
haxxypoo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
It is "possible" but it would require a lot of cutting up the nUI code in nUI6. In nUI6 it is simple to do. I presume you're still running nUi5 though, yes?
Yeah, still running nUI5.

But, i've been thinking of trying out nUI6. Perhaps i should give it a go.

02-01-11, 01:07 PM   #7
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Just for the record, I have also run into this issue (with nUI5). The only time I really ever notice it happening is after dismounting via casting a spell when I already had a pet summoned before initially mounting up.

However, it seems to correct itself after entering into combat.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Pet/Stance Bars