04-28-10, 09:39 AM   #1
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Skada Issues

I know this is not a problem with nUI (at least I don't think it is), but for the last few weeks I have been unable to switch my skada between per fight and total data. That whole lower section of the menu is just grayed out. Very annoying to say the least. And yes, I did the first most reasonable thing that came to mind, I uninstalled, made sure no folder existed anymore in addons, and reinstalled, all to no avail. I'm at a total loss. Any thoughts or suggestions?

04-28-10, 12:21 PM   #2
JMJuliet2003
A Murloc Raider
I've been having the same problem across all my toons. Very annoying.

04-28-10, 12:23 PM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmmm... I haven't updated Skada in a while, but I can switch between current fight and total on the version I have. I'll back it up and install the newest and see what happens when I get a chance.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

04-29-10, 02:33 AM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I use Skada, but have not had the issue you refer to.

After you uninstalled, did you remember to delete both lua and bak files from the SavedVariables folder? That may be all you need to do is a simple reset of the addon.

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\SavedVariables\Skada.lua
World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\SavedVariables\Skada.lua.bak

04-29-10, 03:44 PM   #5
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Petrah I'm almost positive that I checked my WTF folder but I'm not sure if I did the main folder or the folders for each toon, so I will check that when I get home. But yeah, it's been fairly recent (past month or so) and it's across all of my toons. Very annoying. When I get home tonight I'll do another uninstall and make absolutely sure I remove it from anywhere in my WTF (which I think i already did) and see if that changes anything.

04-29-10, 11:06 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Most definitely a Skada issue. I upgraded to the new version and now current fights disappear. Went back to previous version and everything is fine. This issue has nothing to do with nUI though.

Report this in the Skada comments section, or where ever Zarn takes bug reports.

04-29-10, 11:30 PM   #7
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Well, what's interesting is I had definitely deleted all my saved variables last time and it did not work, but tonight when i did it it did work. So dunno, seems to be kind of hit and miss. But I have already reported it on the curse site on his download page so hopefully he looks into it.

04-29-10, 11:40 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Yeah, I've switched back to recount for the time being. It gets annoying when a new guild member asks how he was doing as a new raid healer to find skada decided not to record anything rofl.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

04-30-10, 06:28 AM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Why would you go back to recount when the previous version of Skada is available? 0.o

04-30-10, 09:56 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
rofl, because I never roll back to an earlier version I normally don't use them anyway And seeing as I already have omen installed anyway due to my infopanel plugin that uses it I may as well go back to recount which most if not all of the guild use anyway

Characters:

05-01-10, 11:43 PM   #11
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, turns out it was only a temp fix. Right back to having the entire lower section of skada grayed out and unusable. grrrrrr

05-02-10, 02:28 AM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I reverted Skada back to a previous version until Zarn can fix it.

05-02-10, 03:45 AM   #13
zarnivoop
A Murloc Raider
I am unable to reproduce these bugs, and therefor unable to fix them. If I read you correctly, these are:

1) Bars going "grey" and not accepting clicks. Not all bars, only some.

Everywhere, or, for example, only in the fight segment list?

2) Fight segments not being recorded.

You are certain this is not the elusive combat log problem (combat log stops working occassionally, unrelated to any addon)? Ie, does it happen all the time?

Also, could you disable all your addons except Skada and see if the problem remains? If it does not, add your other addons one by one until the problem reappears.

05-02-10, 04:25 AM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by zarnivoop View Post
I am unable to reproduce these bugs, and therefor unable to fix them. If I read you correctly, these are:

You are certain this is not the elusive combat log problem (combat log stops working occassionally, unrelated to any addon)? Ie, does it happen all the time?

Also, could you disable all your addons except Skada and see if the problem remains? If it does not, add your other addons one by one until the problem reappears.

Come to think of it .. my problem of no fights being recorded were due to the combat log. Just forgot about it when I posted here. The first few times I spotted it happening I checked the combat log and could see the lack of information there as well.

Characters:

05-02-10, 05:17 AM   #15
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Hey! I have a trademark on that sequence! No one else is allowed to use that without paying homage first!

~grin~

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-03-10, 09:56 AM   #16
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

For me I only have the first problem. All of my segments record just fine. But if I click on the little cogwheel in the corner of the window to pull up the options menu and hover over the title of one of my windows it opens up a submenu that allows me to select what is being show in the top two thirds of the screen and the bottom third is where i would select between showing total or per fight numbers and then select certain segments. This lower section is what is grayed out to me.

05-03-10, 10:10 AM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Are there more than 8 items in that list ? If so it could be due to a limitation in the Menu system which seems to only record information on 8 items. I have seen similar problems with the LDB plugin of mine but using the ace framework for it means I have no idea how to resolve it until I figure out how to build multi level menus by hand. Single ones Im fine with now though rofl

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Skada Issues