02-14-11, 12:34 AM   #1
cascadian
A Murloc Raider
Question Odd Quest Completion Problem

With the new Cataclysm update, some quests don't get turned in at an NPC, but rather open a quest completion window below the minimap with a "?" to click to complete the quest. With nUI installed this doesn't happen - instead a small "?" appears to the left of the quest listing which substitutes.

I encountered a situation upon completion of the "Ancient Protectors" quest in Badlands (in the Tomb Of The Watchers) where this "?" didn't appear so I could not turn-in the quest to get the following quests in the chain. The only way I could solve this was to log-out, disable nUI, log back in and then the normal completion window was there under the minimap, click on that to turn-in the quest, get the followup, log back out, enable nUI.... etc.

Don't know why this happened, but that's the first time I encountered that bug. Any guesses?

One other unrelated question if I may. I now have three (3) small purple flags or banners superimposed across the back of my Char all the time, and I can't figure out what they are, where they came from or how to get rid of them?? Thanks.

02-14-11, 04:40 AM   #2
Relalenh
A Defias Bandit

nUI makes use of the standard Blizzard quest objectives frame, which does auto-complete quests by putting a notification for you to click at the top of the frame. From what you describe it sounds like you are using a version of Carbonite. I've used Carbonite recently and have seen it have similar problems with these types of auto-complete quests.

02-14-11, 06:54 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Also note that sometimes the ? doesn't appear but instead the Click here to Complete Quest text ( or something to that effect ) will be clickable which will bring up the quest with the Complete button on it to click.

The only common cause I have seen this happen if I have been in the middle of something like fighting when the quest completed itself so this could just be the way Blizzard handles situations like that.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

02-14-11, 09:48 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There should be no need to logout, disable nUI (or carbonite) and log back in. Simply open the Blizzard quest log (L unless carbonite is installed, in which case alt-L). There will be a "complete quest" button at the bottom of the quest description window.

02-14-11, 10:26 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Also, as to the flags and banners problem. I've never seen that effect so perhaps a screenshot may enlighten us as to what you are seeing.

Characters:

02-14-11, 10:39 AM   #6
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Out of curiosity, are you a Warlock???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

02-15-11, 01:36 PM   #7
cascadian
A Murloc Raider
"Out of curiosity, are you a Warlock???"

YES - this is a Warlock. Is this something specific to Warlocks?

02-15-11, 02:04 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I've not seen anything like that before on my Warlock .. the only images on the center of my screen are the cooldown, debuffs and buff buttons.

Ah, unless you have some other addon that alerts you about procs and stuff like that ? Again a screenshot will help us see what you are seeing.

Characters:

02-15-11, 05:27 PM   #9
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

If they look like little flags hanging down (3 of them) and they turn purple when you use certain spells then they would probably be the soul shard indicator (or whataver its called) which is similar to the Holy Power indicator on a Paladin. If these are what you are talking about, you should be able to move them by using the command /nui movers (not sure if the functionality was added to the latest nUI 5 version).

Here is a picture of the flags attached to the bottom of a unit frame (not in nUI)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WarlockSoulShard.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	5764  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by whereswaldo : 02-15-11 at 06:03 PM.

02-16-11, 01:19 AM   #10
cascadian
A Murloc Raider
That's them. Thanks Waldo. Now all I have to do is figure out what they mean. If they're related to soul shards, what exactly are they showing me?

02-16-11, 02:50 AM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
They are your soul shards .. when they are glowing you have that many. You have 2 ways of filling them up again both in and out of combat.

The original Drain Soul during combat and Soul Harvest out of combat which also heals you.

There is an ability, the name escapes me at the moment but I think it might be Soul Burn, that will use one of these up and will give certain abilities a bonus of some sort like instant casting or extra damage etc.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Odd Quest Completion Problem