01-09-08, 11:29 AM   #1
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Release: SLCore & SL Modules

SLCore & SL Modules

With the Core & Modules currently in a released state, It'd be great to get some feedback from the community regarding these AddOns. As well, it'd be great to get some input & suggestions for more modules to continue development and expand the module line-up. Any & all feedback, suggestions, comments, criticisms, etc would be helpful and welcome.

Current SLCore Release Version: 1.01 (Download Link)
Current Modules Released:
- SLClock
- SLFramerate
- SLMemory
- SLLatency
- SLGold
- SLMail
- SLArmor
- SLBags
- SLFriendList
- SLGuildList
- SLTracking
- SLZoneText
- SLCoords

Last edited by Taffu : 02-05-08 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Updating

01-09-08, 11:59 AM   #2
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
suggestion: post a download link for a full bundle (perhaps on the core page, perhaps on its own page), including core and all modules, and update this whenever core and/or any of the modules are modified.

this would really help with the logistics both of obtaining/installing them, and of keeping them up to date.

thanks.

01-09-08, 12:14 PM   #3
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
The bundling thing has come up a bit (most recently in the comments of the SLClock module). The downside to this for me is the time I have to take to not only update the individual module, but the Bundle as well...along with making sure I don't mess up the Bundle and keep the library and Core current to ensure everything works. One mess up, and it's a lot of source-checking to clear it up, which can be extremely time consuming.

I've been considering bundling specific associated modules (ie. Performance Modules, etc), I'll see how it will fare once I finish the last three modules to a release state. Thanks for the feedback!

01-09-08, 12:42 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
All modules are listed on the site as plugins to the core. This way, they're all listed on the core's download page. You only need to download a module that you want to use. If you would like an easy way to keep track of what was updated, mark them as favorites on the site. The front page will tell you when they're updated, you can select the option to be notified by email when one gets updated, or you can use an updater that works with the site to do it automagically for you.

imo, I don't think bundles are needed.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-06-08, 04:35 PM   #5
Eldielan
A Kobold Labourer
Have you thought of adding a module for the battlegrounds button from the minimap? I think that would be a nice addition to an already outstanding addon.

02-14-08, 03:02 AM   #6
Jocke
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Just wanted to say that I love this mod and are looking forward to see what U come up with next!

02-14-08, 05:49 AM   #7
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Honor/BG Module (similar to tracking) is a great idea, I'll get to work on that. I'm also working on a HoT timer specifically for Resto Druids as well. Should have 'em all finished up soon

02-27-08, 11:53 PM   #8
Paradoxum
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I just found this topic and I don't know if you read the comments pertaining to the individual modules, but I have some suggestions.

It would nice if the guild module was more configurable, for example, rather than having <playername> <class>, you could simply have <Playername> in the colour of the class they are. also, it would be nice to have the guild MOTD at the top somewhere too. and also if the table colums were aligned properly with eachother so it makes the tooltip much more easier to read.

Another suggestion is for the durability frame, is it possible for you to add an option for the module to auto-repair your equipment at a vendor? similar to Durability_Fu, this would be awesome.

the ability to anchor each module to eachother would be nice too, for example I have the FPS, latency and memory modules horizontally aligned next to eachother, and as the value increases or decreases the frames look either too close or too far apart, being able to anchor one module to another would solve this.

thanks for reading.

02-29-08, 02:20 PM   #9
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Yes, I've been keeping track on all the modules & core for bug-tracking purposes for the time being.

The main reason for the big delay on feature updates (there are tons, along with new unreleased modules) is that I'm converting everything to Ace3 right now at the same time to avoid having to do little chunk updates to update the libraries.

Basically, at this time, every single SL module & the core are being updated to Ace3 along with huge feature updates. Module anchoring has been revamped, tooltip overviews are available on almost all modules, click features have been added, and that's just some of the new things coming up. I've had a lot of private requests on things that have made a lot of sense to add, so I'm just biting away at it when I can.

The next update is going to span all modules and the core, and it's going to be a fairly huge update. Have patience...it's coming.

03-01-08, 12:24 PM   #10
Paradoxum
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Sounds awesome, does this mean it'll be available through Wowace updater?

Thanks for the reply.

04-01-08, 08:52 AM   #11
Taffu
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
This thread can be locked, deleted, brought to the gallows, etc since the release of SLDataText.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Release: SLCore & SL Modules