06-16-09, 04:24 PM   #1
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Cooldown/debuff timers

I have a slight confusion on the way the debuff (I think) timers work in the latest Dev version. I understand that the duration of spell effects will show on the action bars representing how long the debuff lasts. My question is should this apply to helpful debuff spells also? In this case, I'm referring specifically to Paladin Judgement spells.

An example: I load up Seal of Righteousness (30 minute duration, displays fine), and start attacking a mob. I cast Judgement of Light (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=20271), I see the debuff on the mob, my Action Bar icon shows the cooldown specifically for the spell itself, not the duration of the debuff on the mob. If in the same fight, I cast Hammer of Justice (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=853), I can see the debuff duration on the Action bar.

Am I confusing myself about how the debuff timers are supposed to work? Or is it because the debuff that the Judgement spell causes to be on the mob is actually a helpful one to me?

Here's a couple screenie's to illustrate how it appears also. Action Button 1 is Hammer of Justice, and Action Button 5 is Judgement of Light.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_061609_010007.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	2915  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_061609_005946.jpg
Views:	656
Size:	444.7 KB
ID:	2916  

06-16-09, 05:19 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The color of the first button is different from the second one.

The first is in fact telling you that not only is the debuff in active ( also shows in debuff window in the hud ) but its cooldown is still active too ( shows in cooldown window in the hud ). The current timing on this button is actually the debuff timer. Once the debuff runs out it will display the cooldown timer.

The second button however doesn't ensue a debuff but in stead showing a cooldown timer. But, if I remember my pally info rightly, if you select yourself when it is active it will show as a buff timer on yourself.

That is a weakness to this feature unfortunately. If its a buff to yourself or anyone else it will only show a timer when the person you have targetted has the buff. Otherwise it will only show the cooldown. The debuff similarly will only show the debuff timer when you have the target with the debuff active. Seeing as you would not normally untarget a mob mid fight that you don't often not see the debuff timer.

Hmm, the second image actually doesn't look right .. the debuff is showing on the target and on the debuff window but not actually showing on the button. Could it be because the cooldown just expired and it has got confused ? The first image looks to me to make sense with the correct timing on debuffs and cooldowns.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 06-16-09 at 05:25 PM.

06-16-09, 05:36 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That's why I posted the 2nd image also. The first image shows that the Hammer spell is correctly showing the duration of the debuff on the mob. The 2nd image is showing the debuff on the mob in the far right list, but is not showing that the spell has 10 secs remaining on the mob. I wasn't sure if this was due to it not actually being a harmful debuff on the mob. IE: Those particular spells, Judgement of light/wisdom do not cause any DOT effect on the mob, instead they give a helpful buff to any friendly attacker. I hit the mob, I get hp, mana etc.

That's why I'm a bit confused, lol. Is there a limitation based on whether the spell cast is helpful/harmful?

06-16-09, 06:39 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sounds like it. But if it is treating it like a debuff on the aura bars it should treat it as a debuff on the debuff bar in the hud. But if it is a limitation in the blizz code then that would explain the flaw. I'll try and test some things out on my pally tomorrow and see if I get a similar problem.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

06-16-09, 10:09 PM   #5
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I would think the debuff for judgements should work because it is infact a debuff. hmmmm well have to wait for scott to chime in here though Im not sure if its something he can change on this end or like crystal said a stupid Blizz thing

06-16-09, 11:19 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My money is on "stupid Blizz thing"

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Cooldown/debuff timers