08-12-09, 04:34 PM   #1
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
CANT scroll heal

I have been playing about with Bui for a few days now, one thing i found is i am unable to scroll heal some one, Which means rolling my mouse wheel to spam cast a healing spell on my mouseover target (make a macro like /cast [target=mouseover] Healing wave),

You can also do it with other things like attacking (spamming lightning bolt). I know it not a bug with anything as i can do it on the bizzard frames, i can do it on healbot and grid without changing a setting. But the Nui health bars? no no.

Feel free to go test it your self, bind your mouse wheel to an attack and you can spam it a lot better on the mouse wheel when you are laggign :P

But as soon as you put your mouse over a target it will stop working...

Please fix it...

08-12-09, 05:34 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you trying it on different elements of the unit frame as you may find it only works on the main frame and not on the health/mana bars or the picture etc.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-14-09, 08:13 AM   #3
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Are you trying it on different elements of the unit frame as you may find it only works on the main frame and not on the health/mana bars or the picture etc.
i cant heal on ANY part of Nui, i dont relly know about scroll damage since i mainly a healer :P

08-14-09, 08:42 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Okay, just tested it. The Scroll Heal ability is like any other key press ability. Select your target and use your keybinding.

I set up scroll up to rejuvenate and scroll down to Healing Touch. Targetted myself and scrolled up. Rejuvenate casted. Scrolled down and Healing Touch casted.

Without a target it only heals myself. Hovering over the unit frames does nothing. You would have to have a mouseover macro I suspect for that to work.

Edit: Tried mouseover and it kinda worked except when trying to heal yourself that way. For some reason couldn't make myself a hover target. Although I can see that hovering over your unitframe should work as hovering over it and pressing the action button primary key bindings work ( in my case 6 and 7 ). Will test with scroll up and down as primary.

Edit2: Nope, not then either. Trying with clique next. Nope, Clique doesn't seem to let you assign scroll up and down as key bindings.

Edit3: Removed nUI and keybinded scroll up and down again with normal blizzard unit frames and it is the same problem. Seeing as most of the nUI base functionality is on what blizzard does that could explain the limitation. However, if using a mouseover macro it will correctly heal your self with the scroll up and scroll down assigned to the macro buttons in question when hovering over your unit frame in the blizzard ui. Although, in the case of hovering over your targets unit frame you have to hover over the face for it to work but on your own frame it works on any part. But, on a focus frame it uses the mouseover macro correctly anywhere on the frame.

Characters:

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-14-09 at 09:04 AM.

08-16-09, 11:38 AM   #5
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ok after rereading what i put down, here what happening...

I use one healing power macro
Code:
#showtooltip Chain Heal
/cast [target=mouseover,help,exists] [target=target,help,nodead] [target=targettarget,help,nodead] [target=player] Chain Heal
there is 4 of the macro above for each healing spell (lesser healing wave, healing wave, chain heal and ripetide).

I am able to use the above macro just fine on bizz bars, grid, healbot, pitbull (when i was using it) and all other health bars i can think of :P

So i have...
Lesser healing wave on 1 and scroll up
Healing wave on 2 and scroll down
Chain heal on 3 and MB 4 (or is it 5?)
Ripe tide on 4
(vent on scroll press)

So comes down to how i playing at the time, some times (mostly when i eating somthing) i can just mouse heal people, other times i just use the keyboard and point with the mouse. But normal i use both so i can spam both keys so my toon is ALWAYS casting, try yelling at the healer who is always healing some one :P

Anyways, i have no errors or anything with that setup, UNLESS i trying to heal on the nUI health bars in ANY mode (solo, party, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 40).

So i know it not my settings or anything, as i am healing just fin on grid (not inside the map frame cos that to small).

So any idears?

*goes back prepping the wall of text*

08-17-09, 01:43 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay, I'll try that out later after some sleep and see what I can see.

Characters:

08-17-09, 05:50 AM   #7
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
thank you...

dam short message BS...

08-17-09, 01:10 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Aha, got it.

Just tested on my lowbie druid so only one heal but had a focus and target plus myself and if I scroll up while hovering over the name part of the unit frames it works and slightly further down. Not much space to manouvre though. Perhaps that is the only part accessible after the different overlays are in use such as the health and mana bars and the flashing heal/aggro flashing layers.

I'll have to test it out before we raid tonight to see if the 25 man frames will work that way too.

Characters:

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » CANT scroll heal