05-08-09, 04:51 AM   #1
Athilus
A Murloc Raider
World map stuck at top of screen

I have the option to maximize the carbonite map instead of the normal map, as I find it more useful; however, I also have a habit of moving it around the screen so that I can manipulate my character in-game while observing the map.

I move the map too far to the top of my screen, and the bar at the top--the one we click to maneuver the map around--has gone up higher than my mouse can reach. I don't see how this possibly could have happened, as my mouse had to be there to get the map there in the first place. Nevertheless, it has happened. Every time I open my world map, it is stuck at the very top of my screen, and I can no longer drag it anywhere. This has become quite a nuisance, to the point that I'm on the verge of ditching carbonite all together for another addon with an inferior map, which I'd rather not do.

Is there anything at all I can do to fix this issue?

05-08-09, 09:37 AM   #2
Athilus
A Murloc Raider
I've asked several times in gen chat since my previous post, and have found 6 other people who have the same problem, 1 of them having had his map stuck at the top of his screen since he updated to 3.11. =( No on has a fix, though removing the addon and reinstalling may help, though I don't want to do that, as I've highly customized it, and really wouldn't know where to start as far as getting all my settings back the way I want them.

I'll give it another day or two, and if I can' find a fix, I'll just get another addon.

05-08-09, 10:21 AM   #3
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Right click carbonite minimap button. On drop-down menu select Options>Reset>Reset Window Layout of Current Character.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-08-09, 10:22 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This sounds like the clamptoscreen function isn't being used for the main frame.

05-08-09, 12:17 PM   #5
Athilus
A Murloc Raider
Thank you very much, voodoo. Worked like a charm. =D

05-08-09, 12:32 PM   #6
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Athilus View Post
Thank you very much, voodoo. Worked like a charm. =D
Glad to help.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

05-13-09, 09:11 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Right click the border of the map and select "Reset Layout". Works for most Carbonite windows.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » World map stuck at top of screen