01-02-11, 09:16 AM   #1
Affrinard
A Defias Bandit
Quest Tracker Addon

Howdy!

The default behavior of automatic quest tracking in Blizzard's UI is not quite satisfactory for me. Too many quests tend to hog up and clutter the tracker, necessitating manual removal of quests from the tracker, which sort of defeats the whole idea of automatic tracking.

I'm looking for a compact quest tracker addon, one that specifically has an option to automatically remove inactive quests from the tracker (for instance if no progress has been made on a particular quest during a given amount of time). Also, automatic removal of quests with completed objectives would be great.

Is there such an addon out there?
01-02-11, 01:02 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I am stating this because many people are not aware of the option, and you did not mention it above.

If you right click the header "Objectives", it gives you a menu with sorting options. You can have the tracker sort by vicinity, for example. This will filter quests you're obviously not working on (since they're not in your zone) down to the bottom, falling off the tracker. There may be an option to remove finished quests, too - I am not in the game atm, and can't quite remember what all is in the menu.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-02-11, 01:21 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For Peoples Information seeing as I am in game at the moment

Sort
Proximity
Difficulty - High
Difficulty - Low
Manual

Display
Achievements
Completed Quests
Remote Zones

So, simply turning off Remote Zones, Completed Quests and Achievements will mean that all you will ever see are quests you have asked to track that are local and incomplete.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
01-02-11, 01:57 PM   #4
Affrinard
A Defias Bandit
Thank you both for that information. It never occurred to me that you could interact with the Objectives header as there was no strong visual clue of being able to do so. I think Blizzard ought to make this more clear, as the quest watcher frame indeed has some useful options.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Quest Tracker Addon