05-14-07, 02:45 PM   #1
Whaite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Mod that color codes items based on how long since last use?

Hi, does anyone know if there is a mod that color codes items based on how long since last use?

I frequently have items in my inventory that I don't realize but I haven't used them in months because I got a replacement and I thought I might use the other one again.

Anyone know of anything out there like that?
05-20-07, 05:50 AM   #2
leethal
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Haven't heard of it. Sounds like a good idea for a mod you can write yourself if you haven't written any mods before, shouldn't be very hard to make =)
05-21-07, 10:26 PM   #3
Whaite
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by leethal
Haven't heard of it. Sounds like a good idea for a mod you can write yourself if you haven't written any mods before, shouldn't be very hard to make =)

Yeah, I wish I knew how or had the time to learn the syntax of lua. I'd love this mod.
05-21-07, 11:26 PM   #4
Jayhawk
Premium Member

Sounds...interesting.

The big question is how would "use" be defined
Does it mean equipped (which should be easy to check)?
Or would it also mean activated, which I guess will be harder. Will a stack of food you occasionally take a bit out and replenish count as "used" (in which case you'd need to track changes in item count)?
Would moving something count as "used" (in which case bag slots need to be tracked)?

How about items that are activated? Like a pet? Are there more? (no idea how to check those).
05-22-07, 06:50 PM   #5
Arthere
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Whaite
Hi, does anyone know if there is a mod that color codes items based on how long since last use?

I frequently have items in my inventory that I don't realize but I haven't used them in months because I got a replacement and I thought I might use the other one again.

Anyone know of anything out there like that?
Great idea for a mod, I too have the same problem you do. I often leave something in my inventory for a few months and I end up throwing it away, but my inventory is usually pretty full.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mod that color codes items based on how long since last use?