11-03-09, 08:40 PM   #1
Disciple
A Murloc Raider
How do i activate a new/ costum layout

i have them in the layout folder now what?

11-03-09, 09:23 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Any of the nUI layouts, skins, Infopanel addons etc, install just like you would any other standalone addon. When you log in, click on the Addons button in the bottom left and make sure you have it checked off. That's all there is to it

11-09-09, 04:19 PM   #3
Disciple
A Murloc Raider
none of the layouts show up for me, if i put them in my addon folder no response i put em in my nui and no work basically when i open the addons, the layouts dont show

Last edited by Disciple : 11-09-09 at 04:40 PM.

11-09-09, 04:41 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The next question is ..... have you got more than one copy of WoW around ? If the addon is not appearing when you log into the game then you have put the addon in the wrong folder.

Do a search for wow.exe and see if more than one folder appears. If you are using Vista or Windows 7 it is more than likely that your active game folder is Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/ etc whereas earlier windows would have the game install into Program Files/World of Warcraft/ etc. One thing I did notice during one of my installation routines was that, instead of moving the whole game folder when the question arises during installation of one of the newer expansions, it kept a copy of the original installation in Program Files and the new installation in Users/Public.

Also, make sure that the folder structure of the addon is correct. When downloading addons they are usually archived with the correct folder structure and will extract usually in a subfolder for you to open and then copy the folder within that to be put into the addon folder for WoW to load up. Here's an example of what the pathing system should be.

Interface / AddOns / nUI / nUI.toc ---- Where the main nUI addon is held
Interface / AddOns / <AddonName> / <AddonName>.toc --- The path of an addon

The TOC file needs to be inside the main folder of the addon in question as this is the file that is loaded by WoW to execute the addons functions. The TOC will then tell WoW which files it is in charge of and where they are. If the folder structure is messed up then this would not work and thus will not show up.

Hopefully I didn't confuse you further but instead, I hope it helps you spot the problem.

Edit: Here's an example of my nUI Addon List :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	addonfolder.png
Views:	676
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	3539  

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 11-09-09 at 04:43 PM.

11-09-09, 05:57 PM   #5
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Skins for nui are disabled by default when you download them you need to go into your addons at character select screen and enable the one you want

11-09-09, 08:29 PM   #6
Disciple
A Murloc Raider
yeah, what im saying is the skins for my nUI isnt showing up ill try to see if they pop up in the addons again

*edit they didnt

11-09-09, 09:11 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
yeah, what im saying is the skins for my nUI isnt showing up ill try to see if they pop up in the addons again

*edit they didnt
Diid you check into my suggestions ? How does the download extract on your computer ? Do you download into a temporary folder, extract the files then copy the contents of the extracted folder ? or do you just extract straight into the WoW addon folder ?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

11-09-09, 11:26 PM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Disciple View Post

*edit they didnt
Doesn't sound like you have them installed properly. Here's a screenshot of nUI and a nUI Skin installed properly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI-Skin.png
Views:	677
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	3542  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » How do i activate a new/ costum layout