08-21-09, 05:02 PM   #1
sob201
A Defias Bandit
Omen/Recount combined

How do I combine recount and omen like this in one window.
I have a clean install of WOW and only have nUI+ and recount+omen addons.
I have looked everywhere for something about how to combine these two addons in one stats window with no luck.
I'm sure i just missed the thread somewhere.
Please help.

Thank you.

08-21-09, 05:09 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You need to download the dual stats plugin so that it combines them in a single window instead of separate ones.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-21-09, 06:04 PM   #3
sob201
A Defias Bandit
Thank you

I found the addon and it works great. Ty Ty. Love the UI.

08-22-09, 09:14 AM   #4
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You might consider disabling the dual stats, Recount and Omen mods and then install Skada and see what you think of it... much lighter weight than using the 3 and to be honest, I like the presentation better. Some folks argue of accuracy of Recount versus Skada, but I'm plenty satisfied with Skada myself.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

08-22-09, 10:51 AM   #5
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
You might consider disabling the dual stats, Recount and Omen mods and then install Skada and see what you think of it... much lighter weight than using the 3 and to be honest, I like the presentation better. Some folks argue of accuracy of Recount versus Skada, but I'm plenty satisfied with Skada myself.
I have to agree here. I used to use Omen/Recount/DualStats. Now I am on Skada and I can't imagine I will ever go back. Love it and seems to be less of a hog.

08-22-09, 12:18 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I had to chime in and add a third vote for using Skada over Recount/Omen/Dual Stats.

08-22-09, 09:32 PM   #7
lairdofdeath
A Theradrim Guardian
id like to know witch one is more acurit i was useing Skada and my wife was useing recount and at the end of the instance we had dif #s

08-22-09, 10:00 PM   #8
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Both are very accurate. The trick between the two is how they measure the duration of combat.

Just for arguments sake, let's say Recount showed 1000 dps for you in a run, and a Skada user showed you at 950 dps. Now if you are able to see total combat time, Recount may say total time for the run at 1 hr, whereas Skada had it registered at 1 hr 15 minutes. There really was no difference in your actual dps. The number gets skewed by the way each addon handles in combat time and when they each actually start and end recording the data.

08-24-09, 01:07 PM   #9
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Some folks argue of accuracy of Recount versus Skada, but I'm plenty satisfied with Skada myself.
Do you have a Info Panel Pluggin for said Skada??

08-24-09, 01:14 PM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

You don't need a plugin for Skada... the integration is built in the core nUI distribution.

08-24-09, 01:39 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by todd0168 View Post
I have to agree here. I used to use Omen/Recount/DualStats. Now I am on Skada and I can't imagine I will ever go back. Love it and seems to be less of a hog.
I couldn't agree more!

08-24-09, 04:10 PM   #12
Tegarbah
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by lairdofdeath View Post
id like to know witch one is more acurit i was useing Skada and my wife was useing recount and at the end of the instance we had dif #s
I've found that when a guildie and I, who both use Omen/Recount, get diff numbers at the end of an instance...not sure why.

08-24-09, 04:46 PM   #13
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It's because of how the combat log system works. It is much easier to get detailed data about what damage you are doing and when you enter and leave combat than it is for the other players.

08-25-09, 02:46 AM   #14
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Ive had as much as 200+ dps difference showing between myself and another guildie using various meter addons at the same time. We tend to test with the same addon for fun and being that hes usually tanking and im usually dpsing his meters always show my dps 200 or so less than what i read. This has happened with every meter we have tried.

Interestingly enough his meter also shows less when hes dpsing and im tanking. So its possible that your (and our) combat logs are filtering differently. I know i leave mine unfiltered. Assuming of course that the meters get their data post filtering.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

08-25-09, 04:20 AM   #15
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ok i started using this...

two thing i liked about recount with omen was
1) detailed info (i can see that player A did X DPS and player B did Y DPS)
2) omen showed my my argo off my targettarger (i keep the MT i got to keep alive, or spamming ES on)

argo (or what ever it called) does NOT show me this two things :/
I like to site in dalran at the end of a raid and see what the other healers was doing...

But if skada is already able to do this jsut needs a setting changed please tell me :P

08-25-09, 05:49 AM   #16
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I haven't noticed if Skada can do Target of Target's aggro. I do know you can peruse all the data in Skada though using right/left clicks in the Skada frame to go through everything. Left click for select, Right click for back one page.

08-25-09, 07:09 AM   #17
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Ive had as much as 200+ dps difference showing between myself and another guildie using various meter addons at the same time. We tend to test with the same addon for fun and being that hes usually tanking and im usually dpsing his meters always show my dps 200 or so less than what i read. This has happened with every meter we have tried.

Interestingly enough his meter also shows less when hes dpsing and im tanking. So its possible that your (and our) combat logs are filtering differently. I know i leave mine unfiltered. Assuming of course that the meters get their data post filtering.

If I'm not mistaken, your latency has a huge impact on those numbers. Especially for ranged DPS classes.

08-27-09, 01:43 PM   #18
Becvar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
From multiple occassions of having every officer running recount and comparing our logs, here's my conclusion on damage meters:

They are good for accurately gauging your own personal progression. For instance, if you record 3000dps on several consecutive runs, then get a few upgrades, tweak your spec and chang your rotation, and now you show 4000dps for several consecutive runs, then you can accurately say you've improved your dps. Meters are NOT good for gauging others, especially the healing meters. (You especially cannot use meters to compare different heal classes. They are only good for comapring numbers of individual people across multiple raids.)

So, don't worry about seeing different numbers, in fact, HIDE it during combat. its only useful purpose is to see if you are getting better, not comparing yourself to others or for bragging, cause their meter might say you did a lot worse than you think.

11-19-09, 08:36 AM   #19
J.P.
A Kobold Labourer
Hi everybody, 1st post. Have to say I lovin the addon, though I am still getting used to it. Still very weird for me in holy mode, I'm so used to healing with frames on the left. Not so bad in ret as all I need to do is bash.

I was looking for this information, Recount/omen combined, glad to see the information is easy to find.

I will have to check out Skada. As far as accuracy, well, I have never seen 2 people who use recount have the same numbers from the same fight yet anyways. Even when I compared all my setting to a friend, and they were the same, our numbers were different.

JP

11-19-09, 01:31 PM   #20
AsheruWolf
Premium Member

Premium Member
As far as I am concerned I have dumped dual, Omen and Recount in favor of Skata. No offense to the authors of all 3 of those addons but I find my computer likes Skata better.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Plugin Support » Omen/Recount combined