12-29-09, 06:30 PM   #1
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
Nui+ and quest objective tracking

Hi! Not sure if this is just me, but I'm having difficulty with my quest objective tracking. Basically there are 2 problems. 1) I can only track like 2 quests at once. 2) Even once I use /nui movers and reset the objective window to make it full size again - the objectives are in the middle of the window rather than the top.

Before 3.3, WoW let you enable the mouseover function to then move the objective tracking whereever you wanted, change size, etc. but I think they took away the feature. And /nui movers isn't solving the problem even if I /reload ui afterwards.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

12-29-09, 06:36 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, strange. I've been playing with the watch frame for a while now for a plugin I'm trying to make and have never had that problem. Hmm, unless my dabbling for my plugin has made the watchframe bigger, but seeing as I'm trying to make it smaller than the default I doubt that it is.

Do you have a quest addon of some sort that may be using some form of quest tracker ?

Have you tried using it with no addons and see if it works then ? If that works then try nUI on its own and see if that works. Perhaps an addon is accessing it somewhere for some reason.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

12-29-09, 06:52 PM   #3
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
Ok. So I tried dropping all of my additional add-ons (pallypower, healbot, DBM and Atlas) with no luck. On my first log on after disabling all my other mods, I immediately did /nui movers and the objective window is starting up only big enough for 2 quests and is in the middle of the screen. I right click it to reset to default. It is now big like it's supposed to be. /nui movers again to close it. /reload ui Try quest tracking again and it's ok. I can track more than one. But everytime I relog, I have to start the entire process over. Is there a reason that nui is starting at something other than the default?? I also started adding back in mods.. and they don't seem to effect the results.

It may also be worthy to note that I have the map disabled in nui to allow it to be in the top right corner as my screen is too small to keep it in the middle as Nui is designed. Could this also be affecting it?

Other thoughts??

Last edited by shadednight : 12-29-09 at 06:55 PM.

12-29-09, 07:27 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, what version of nUI are you running and how/where did you download it from ? It sounds like you are using an older version of nUI. Hmm, it is possible the minimap handling is affecting it as usually by default the tracker is tied to it but nUI changes that connection so that it can be moved with movers. Other than those two ideas I cannot think of anything at the moment.

Characters:

12-29-09, 07:39 PM   #5
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
I just downloaded Nui+ 5.6.6 off of this website. I was using 5.6.4+ until today w/ the same problems.

12-29-09, 07:44 PM   #6
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

I know scott did work on the watchframe in the last couple versions not sure which one though. Have you tried renaming your wtf files and reloging in to wow. Might be worth a shot. Also just go through wows settings for the quest watcher and make sure nothing is out of wack.

12-29-09, 07:50 PM   #7
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, okay, could you attach some screenshots of the tracker with a mixture of quests/objectives etc and also after you have used /nui movers. You can use the manage attachments to help you with that.

The next opportunity I have I will have a double check that it still works fine for me with just nUI installed. I don't recall ever having an issue though. But, I did do a full clear out of my WTF, WDB, Cache and Interface folders so that I could start afresh. You could try that by renaming those folders and then restarting wow and see if that resolves your problem. If so, perhaps one of the settings got corrupted somewhere and it caused the size to be reset to the wrong value somehow.

Characters:

12-30-09, 11:44 PM   #8
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Does the command '/nui watchframe' work for you? If it does, then while you may have downloaded the correct version, you haven't installed it correctly.

The watch frame handling changed with patch 3.3 and is being forced to a fix size and location in nUI now and the '/nui watchframe' command was removed. The watch frame is now 350x500 in the public version of nUI which is quite large actually. In fact, you might try using '/nui movers' to unlock the frame and then right-clicking the red box for it to reset its location.

Look at the message nUI prints and login and make sure that it is reporting you have 5.06.06 installed and not some other version.

Originally Posted by shadednight View Post
I just downloaded Nui+ 5.6.6 off of this website. I was using 5.6.4+ until today w/ the same problems.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

12-31-09, 12:41 PM   #9
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
I just checked and I do in fact have 5.6.6 installed. As the /nui watchframe command does NOT work and I even did a /nui and it says version 5.06.06+

If someone could be a little more specific with the renaming of my files - I will try that as well. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do there.

After I try that, and if things are still not working, I'll do screenshot and attach.

Thanks for the support!

12-31-09, 12:52 PM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
All I meant by renaming your folders is so that you don't totally lose your settings in case there was something in there you wanted to keep.

Just rename your folders. I usually add the date I renamed them so I know how old the data in there is.

Characters:

12-31-09, 12:56 PM   #11
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
lol.. ok so maybe I'm dumb. but I renamed all of those folders and nui didn't load. so.....? was i supposed to do something else too? lol sorry for my noobishness!!

12-31-09, 01:09 PM   #12
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
rofl, sorry, just re-read through my post and I missed off something important *blushes*

You should now have wow with no addons. How does the quest watcher work ?

Then, either download a fresh copy of nUI or copy the one from the interface folder you renamed if you'd rather. Then see if the quest watch frame changes then.

If everything is fine and dandy now slowly add your addons in and double check they are not affecting the quest watch frame in any way.

Hopefully, after all your addons have been reinstated, wow will work the way you expect and with nUI and your favorite addons to boot

Characters:

12-31-09, 01:32 PM   #13
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
Ok. I have renamed my folders as instructed. Quest objectives are normal.

Re-downloaded a fresh copy of Nui 5.6.6+ fresh from the site. And installed it in my new interface/addons folder. Same problems are happening. I'm attaching screenshots of what I have to do in order to get them to work properly.

#1 shot of WoW upon logging in - note that there are several quests checked as tracked and only 2 are showing in the objective window.
#2 /nui movers - note that the pink highlighting window is only big enough for 2 quests
#3 right clicked objective window to reset to default - note quests are now in the middle of the window
#4 /reload ui = fixed. I then unchecked the quests and logged out.
#5 logged out fully and relogged = back to the beginning.

Thoughts??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123109_122016.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	3781  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123109_122026.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	3782  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123109_122208.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	3783  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123109_122357.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	3784  

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123109_122528.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	3785  

12-31-09, 01:40 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
What about without nUI running ? How does it look then ? Just in case it is something with the watch frame itself and nothing to do with nUI.

Characters:

12-31-09, 01:45 PM   #15
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
Besides looking ugly w/ the default wow ui... quest objectives are normal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_123109_124405.jpg
Views:	687
Size:	269.4 KB
ID:	3786  

12-31-09, 01:52 PM   #16
shadednight
A Murloc Raider
In playing around w/ the /nui minimap feature making the map go back to the middle as designed - it does seem to fix the problem... does that mean I just need to deal with it?? :/

12-31-09, 02:53 PM   #17
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ah... okay... I think I know what's happening. When nUI's minimap control is disabled, the function the "fixes" the watch frame never gets called (because the watch frame is attached to the minimap)

You might try calling the function directory and see if that fixes it. With the '/nui minimap' management off, try using the following and see what happens...

Code:

/script nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, false, OBJECTIVES_TRACKER_LABEL ); 
/script nUI_ResetWatchFrame();
/script nUI_Movers:lockFrame( WatchFrame, true, OBJECTIVES_TRACKER_LABEL );

I don't know if it will work or not.

EDIT: I don't know that I will change the logic on this in the code itself though... if nUI is not managing the minimap, then it should not be messing around with things that are attached to is (such as the watch frame)

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Nui+ and quest objective tracking