07-07-10, 06:39 PM   #1
Annekynn
A Fallenroot Satyr
How did 3.3.5 change combat log/frame?

I know 3.3.5 renamed the chat frame so its now chatframe1, but how did that affect the combat log/frame? Im trying to get an old mod named Ouch working again but I dont know what has changed to know what to potentially fix.
07-07-10, 06:42 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The first chat frame was always called ChatFrame1, and the combat log is ChatFrame2. Perhaps the change you are thinking of is to the editbox? There is an editbox for each chat frame now, and instead of being named just ChatFrameEditBox it is ChatFrame1EditBox, ChatFrame2EditBox, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-07-10, 07:17 PM   #3
Annekynn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Alright well, what else could have changed then to make mods that look at the combat log break? Like multiple mods broke due to 3.3.5 as they dont see anything from the combat log any more.
07-07-10, 07:29 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't know. It entirely depends on what they were doing before and how, how it is that they are "breaking" now, and what (if any) errors are being produced.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-07-10, 08:16 PM   #5
Annekynn
A Fallenroot Satyr
No errors, they just dont display anything gathered from the combat log as if the combat log wasnt there any more or its name changed etc.
07-07-10, 08:34 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Even before the patch I have noticed the combat log not reporting combat messages which in turn means combat log based addons cannot display their information.

Is it the case that it hasn't worked at all since the patch or sometimes/most of the time since the patch ?

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
07-07-10, 08:48 PM   #7
thebigmunch
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This may be a good place to start. But, if you would tell us what addons are causing the trouble, maybe you can receive some better help.
07-08-10, 06:49 AM   #8
Annekynn
A Fallenroot Satyr
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...9297-Ouch.html

I lived (and died) by that mod so getting it working again would be super.
07-08-10, 11:14 AM   #9
Annekynn
A Fallenroot Satyr
Heh well, not sure what I did but my tinkering has got it working again. Heres hoping it stays that way!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » How did 3.3.5 change combat log/frame?