01-09-10, 01:43 AM   #1
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Feral Druid / Action Bar

So i realize the top action bar has 2 bars in it; and when you shapeshift it actually saves yet another bar. I was curious if it's at all possible to have it remember a 3rd bar? I've used barmods in the past where i can shapeshift; and my main bars change, but when i use Prowl in kitty form, it gives me yet another bar where i can put my prowl abilities on. So like changing forms, prowl would trigger another bar without having to auto switch bars or use another bar for those abilities.

Was just curious if this was going to be at all possible in nui6..

01-09-10, 03:03 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes I believe in nUI 6 you will have more flexibility with the bars and I suspect things similar to how the other bar addons work will be possible.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-09-10, 10:48 AM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
There is a brief discussion on wowwiki of the ten action bars blizz makes available in the game, all of which are available in nUI 5. Basically, bars 1 thru 6 are on the scrollable "top bar" in nUI, bars 2-6 also appear elsewhere in the nUI dashboard, although I can't remember offhand which is which. Bar 10, which as far as blizz is concerned is "unassigned" is also permanently available on the nUI dashboard (so seven of the ten bars can always be visible). What's not always visible are bars 7, 8, and 9, which blizz (and nUI) use for various warrior stances, druid forms, or rogue stealth. Logically, since a cat-form druid, when prowling, has abilities not available to him otherwise (pounce, for example), there should be a fourth "form bar" which would automatically replace bar one when the druid prowls. I guess blizz decided that having bar 10 "unassigned" was more important.

As Xrystal says, I think Spiel plans to include some way (more bars?) in nUI 6 to auto-change bar 1 when prowling in cat form.

01-10-10, 11:05 AM   #4
marioinfinity
A Black Drake

Yea exactly! I dont remember if it was bartender or something else that did that; but in bc when i was feral; I'd hit Cat form, and my bar would change of course. And if i hit prowl it'd change again.. And since I've recently spec'd feral tank/dps ontop of healing i was surprised lol.

Thanks for the imput =)

01-10-10, 11:09 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, I used to use bartender and it did that. I just assumed at the time it was a part of the blizzard bar change so was surprised when nUI didn't do it. Learn something new every day

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

01-12-10, 11:25 AM   #6
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Druid bar problem

For my druid which was respec'd boomkin/resto, I have a prob with the bars. Bar 1 is gone. When I go into boomkin, bar 6 (bottom right) shows up as bar 1 and I had to drag all my spells to bar two which is the one on the bottom left. It works as long as I remember when I get res'd and switch to boomkin I have to click the up button on the casting bar once or when I hit my one key, I wont get moonfire but will get the leather working box instead lol

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Feral Druid / Action Bar