07-19-10, 08:22 PM   #1
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

"Conversation Windows" with new realid

I am having a problem and searching the forums did me no good so either I'm the only one with this problem, or I am search deficient. My problem is this, with the new realid system you can right click on your friends and select create conversation (with at least 2 or more friends). Whether I create the convo or am invited to it, I cannot for the life of me find the window. There is a small 'window' that pops up as soon as the conversation is created and if I click that (before it disappears) I can see the convo, but as soon as I hit the general tab (the only tab even there) that conversation window is lost to me forever. It's not totally gone, I just can't look at it. So I can type in the window using /11 but I cannot see anything in that window and have not the slightest clue where it is.

I have already checked to see if either chatmod or WIM are the culprits and with either or both disabled I still cannot see this phantom window. Yet if I remove nUI (completely and totally out of the question long-term) when this convo is created I have a tab on my chat frame that is blue and says conversation.

So, how do I get my phantom conversation tab to reappear? Help please.

07-19-10, 10:07 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like the main chat window is being disjointed with the tab. The two entities are totally separate unless tied specifically together. I found that out the hard way working on my own chat plugins.

If I used RealID I could check it out myself but alas, I am opting out of that functionality.

Edit: Try the /framestack option and hover over the chat frame window and see if there are more than 1 of the ChatFrames underneath there. I believe RealID conversations start from frame 11 onwards.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 07-19-10 at 10:10 PM.

07-19-10, 10:32 PM   #3
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok, I'm looking at that and I have no idea what all that stuff in that new window means.

/edit-am I looking for something specific? should I just screenshot it and post it?

Last edited by todd0168 : 07-19-10 at 10:42 PM.

07-19-10, 11:38 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah, do a screenshot and post it. I'll probably recognise the frame name if its there. But basically it will be a list of frames that exist whether they are visible or not.

So you should see one for like the WorldFrame, UIParent, nUI_Parent or something similar from memory. And ChatFrame1 for the general chat frame and ChatFrameX for whatever chat frames you have in that space too.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-23-10, 02:09 PM   #5
todd0168
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok here are the screenshots:

The first screenshot is right after I clicked the small notification window that said I had joined a conversation (the only way I can get to this window). The middle shot is of the same window with the framestack window in use. The last shot is after I hit the general tab to get back to my main windows, again with the framestack window in use.

Does this help at all?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072310_130315.jpg
Views:	650
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	4643  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072310_130329.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	4644  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072310_130336.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	4645  

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » "Conversation Windows" with new realid