View Single Post
06-05-09, 02:33 PM   #10
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Though I have already expressed my point on view on this "issue" on the WoWAce forums, I would like to take this time to clarify a few things.

First of all, I'm not in any way a fan of DBM, not because I have something personal with its authors or anything, but just because I happened be stumble upon Bigwigs first and got stuck with it ever since.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's move on. No matter if someone agrees or disagrees with a certain point of view or practice, in this particular case the stance of the DBM authors versus WoWMatrix and gold selling, it is a simple fact that it is well within their rights to express their opinions on their own website, plus manage that website in whatever way they see fit. I do agree that endorsing gold-selling directly or indirectly is both unethical and even illegal if it results in breaking the enduser contract with Blizzard, in regards to World of Warcraft and therefore it is rightfully criticized. Addon authors should really know better than that. However, you could also say that I'm "launching a preemptive strike", so that this thread remains civil and on topic, without turning into a witch hunt, considering its somewhat "flammable" material.

Raise you one more anti-flame banana

Last edited by Tristanian : 06-05-09 at 02:38 PM.