View Single Post
09-16-14, 11:13 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lightbound View Post
1: Buffs. I hate to have like 7 different buff trackers so it would be smart use just one. The Aura adding tool in Phanx's Ui is very cool but the default ones are missing so i basicly would like to delete them or is it worth just adding them into the tool if you want to manage them?
The intention is that you add them in the GUI if you want to manage them. You can of course just delete them in the Lua file, but then you'll have to do it again every time you update the addon. At some point in the future I plan to overhaul the aura filtering system to provide more flexibility, and then all the default auras will already appear in the GUI, but that probably won't happen until sometime after WOD launches.

Also, if there are some auras that you think should be included by default, please let me know what they are (preferrably with a ticket) so I can add them to the addon. I've really only played destruction warlock and enhancement shaman in the last few years so I expect the default filters for other classes/specs are probably missing some things.

However, if you want to completely remove the aura displays from oUF_Phanx, you should just edit Frames.lua and stop the aura displays from being created at all. Find this and add the green part:

Code:
	----------------
	-- Aura icons --
	----------------
	--[===[ if unit == "player" then
And this:

Code:
	end ]===]

------------------------------
	-- Cast bar, icon, and text --
	------------------------------
This will comment out the entire section so it's not loaded at all.

2: The border of the buffs in Phanx's UI. Im using Masque and would like to have the same look for every spell so i need to change every other icon to Phanx's style. Is it possible to import that style somehow to Masque?
It's the border texture from ButtonFacade_SimpleSquare which works fine with Masque if you open it up (both Lua and TOC files) in Notepad and change "ButtonFacade" to "Masque" everywhere. Feel free to update the addon name (folder and TOC file) to "Masque" too. (Since you reminded me, I sent a PM to MoonWitch requesting to be added to the authors on the download page so I can update it.)

If you want to use a different Masque skin, and want oUF_Phanx to use that border texture, copy the texture file from the Masque skin folder (note that it may not be the file named "border" -- look in the skin's Lua file to see which texture file it uses for the "normal" layer) into the oUF_Phanx folder, and rename it to "SimpleSquare". If it's a .tga file that's fine, you don't need to convert it, but you do need to delete the existing .blp file so WoW doesn't get confused.

3: Bossframe debuffs. I didnt raid with Phanx for now but i definitly need a Ui that for example colors the frames of bosses blue if i have to dispell them. As an example "Norushen" if you do the Test of Reliance you get the 3 allies in the Bossframe and i would like to get the one with the debuff colored. Is that possible by default in Phanx or does it need modifications?
The dispel highlight works on all frames. If you can purge or steal magic buffs from enemies, and a boss has a magic buff, the border of its frame should turn blue. If this isn't happening, please let me know, with your class/spec, which boss, which buff, etc.

If you want actual buff icons on the boss frames, that will require some other modifications.