View Single Post
08-31-18, 10:36 AM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I did notice the Emissary Quest appeared in the log after all 4 quests were completed, all it says is to turn in to get the reward .. so maybe a QUEST_ACCEPTED check for the Emissary QuestID ( assuming its the same) will help speed the process. I hadn't had that set up to see the output so can't confirm there yet.

But glad that you sorted out or getting closer to your toast addon requirements. Good luck.

The reason why QUEST_LOG_CRITERIA_UPDATE doesn't work for Emissary quests is because they are used for the criteria for quests with physical critera. Seeing as Emissary quests can be any 4 quests there isn't really a criteria flag to monitor for.

So, what I can see as a possible chain of events are ..

QUEST_TURNED_IN > questID .. is questID for one of your available bounties ? bountyQuestCount + 1 update display ( pretend criteria )
QUEST_ACCEPTED > questID .. is this a bountyQuest ? show toast
QUEST_TURNED_IN > questID .. is this a bountyQuest ? hide toast if not on a display timer

Or something to that affect

Edit:
QUEST_ACCEPTED still works and returns the QuestLogIndex and the QuestID. With various functions using one or the other so it appears you will need to identify both at the same time and/or store it somewhere until you need to use one with knowledge of the other.. EG an Index2ID table as you can get the Index from the ID via a function GetQuestLogIndexByID(id)

QUEST_LOG_UPDATE updates whenever the questmap is open and closed and when an individual quest entry is updated in the log. So, you can use the QUEST_LOG_UPDATED to check if any of the quests are completed but unfortunately only via going through the whole list.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-31-18 at 11:30 AM.