View Single Post
08-31-18, 11:34 AM   #10
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MuffinManKen View Post
You're actually on the quest as soon as the emissary is available, it's just hidden. I guess I could scan for the quests on login and then catch any QUEST_ACCEPTED in case you're logged in during the daily reset.

No, it's not firing at all. I did a WQ gathering feathers. The UI showed my progress ("Gathered: 6 of 9 feathers"), but that event did not fire. I tried a normal quest ("Kill 10 Ashvane guards") and no event.
No, I meant after you get all 4 world quests completed your emissary quest then appears in your log. It showed on my screen telling me I can now go to my emissary to hand it in to receive the rewards for completing the quests. I don't have any QUEST_ACCEPT events for my uncompleted emissary quests. Only the one I completed all 4 quests for. After all it doesn't know you have even started it until you make the first kill/find for a world quest they are interested in.

And yes I now agree with you on the other events. It appears they have removed them sometime since I last played with my ObjectiveTracker addon which was before Legion went beta.

Edit:
Okay, just completed the Dreamweavers quests and I got the following Events Trigger out of the 8 I am watching for.

QUEST_LOG_UPDATE every time I do something to change the quest status, and when I open the map which also updates the quest log now.

QUEST_TURNED_IN whenever I complete a world quest as they automatically turn in when complete and cause the Emissary Quest markers to tick as I go through them.

Once all 4 quests are done the Emissary Quest pops up in your quest log under the name of the faction.

The Dreamweavers
Complete any 4 world quests in Val'sharah
4/4 Completed

I am going to see if I can confirm that the quest ID for this quest is the same as the bounty quest id as that may help as you then only need to check each questID in the questLog every QuestLogUpdate for one that matches the three emissary quest IDs. In theory. Will let you know the outcome.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

Last edited by Xrystal : 08-31-18 at 12:09 PM.