View Single Post
07-14-09, 12:08 AM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
Neezy, I had a very weird time with WoW for a while right after Lich King came out. I'm running Vista, and for some (unremembered as of now) reason I needed to totally reinstall WoW. Now Windows installed WoW to the C:\users\blah\blah path. Apparently it defaults to that if you don't manually change it and I wasn't paying attention at the time and just oked it. The problem was, my original WoW folders were still under C:\progam files\world of warcraft. Being as I didn't notice the change in installation folders, I commenced to dowload dozens of addons to the wrong folder. To make a long story short (far too late, I know) I'm wondering if maybe you're not having a similar problem?
Rofl that is exactly what happened to me over in the States on my computer there when I went over there for a few weeks after Lich King came out. I was trying to figure out why my fiances addons were continuting to appear instead of my ones. Rofl.

Also, I have also noticed the search system in vista is a bit useless and doesn't seem to find alot of stuff. I actually started using the find in files search in visual studio to find files containing text I was looking for

I'm using Windows 7 now so hopefully that problem doesn't appear here.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818