View Single Post
08-06-09, 03:45 AM   #4
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
Why wowmatrix is so bad? After minion rarely working, and yes I posted the error log over a week ago but it meant so much no one bothered to look at it after I had to zip it to post as an attachment because of the size why the only program to update all your adds that worked today is so bad?
Because it was pulling addons from other websites and not from the WM site (which wasn't hosting them anyway and still isn't hosting all of their advertised addons), without permission when it came to "All Rights Reserved" addons, by using a horrible scrapping mechanism. This may mean jack to you, but I assure you it means a great deal to the people, whose resources are being used without their consent.

I even bothered to check minion today but as usally all internal errors. Curse client did not have the update for dbm which caused countless headaches and numberous wipes in naxx. After 80g worth of repairs someone came on and told us wowmatrix had the updated version of dbm.
...or you could have taken 1-2 minutes of your time to head over to the DBM site, to *gasp* manually download, an addon, you yourself consider to be absolutely essential.

I want the updater that works. I want the updater that is easy to use. I want the updater that updates the most mods. Now tell me again why wowmatrix is so freaking bad when it was the only one that worked today? And I dont want the garbage about not supporting developers - they seem to have fixed that.
Wowmatrix was not the only updater that worked today and it certainly isn't the one that updates the most mods anymore, despite their valiant attempts to continue to scrape addons from any place they can. As for supporting developers, I don't really see anything new about their website. There is still no opt-in hosting method, no dev tools of any kind, repositories, forums or anything else compelling. So basically, yeah, it's the same "garbage".