View Single Post
03-16-16, 02:49 PM   #14
MunkDev
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The cluster bar is bundled with the addon because it's using both graphics and API from it to determine how to set up the clusters. It's not a traditional action bar in that sense. ConsolePort stores bindings in a saved variable as opposed to using explicit key bindings. This reduces interference with kb/m and simplifies the initial setup.

I also like the minimal idea, but that's a crap load of bindings to remember. Usually you have the basics narrowed down, like your main rotation and cooldowns, but the harder to reach and infrequent bindings might have you looking at your bars for half a minute before you find the correct binding. I guess this could be remedied with showing all the buttons once the mouse is over the bar or something to that effect. I would still keep modified buttons visible when they are on cooldown though, so that information is always available.

I tried three new versions of swapping...

1) Instead of hiding all the buttons, I tried hiding just the modified button in question, to simulate pulling it into the big button. I think this is alright, but maybe a fast animation would be beneficial:

2) I also tried switching the modified button with the unmodified button, but I think this once again adds too much clutter and visible change on screen to feel intuitive. Maybe that's just my opinion though?

3) Last.. and actually least, I tried just disabling any indication on the modified buttons and just changing the big button to whatever modifier is held.

Maybe going the route of using something else to indicate the modifier override is better to reduce the innate confusion with this design. In the radial action bar that belongs to the main addon, I'm using a highlight behind the button that's being focused, but this effect might be too subtle for peripheral vision:

Btw, thanks for your thoughts thus far.

Last edited by MunkDev : 03-16-16 at 02:56 PM.