01-06-09, 08:04 AM   #1
exeodius
A Murloc Raider
Addon button still hidden

After reinstallation I still cannot find my addons button. the game is installed so forth Computer/C:/Games/World of Warcraft. this time when I installed all the folders were there including interface. Yet I still had to add the addons folder. I downloaded proximo and questhelper extracted it to the file and I thought it would work. Another thing I have files of wow in other folders. the public documents. It would automatically bring it over to the public folder instead of asking me to put it in my new spot. Is that why I don't have addons?

Edit

The other folders include. The wow installer I downloaded and the updates to the game.

Last edited by exeodius : 01-06-09 at 08:06 AM.
01-06-09, 08:12 AM   #2
Olorin
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Maybe check addons from character select and make sure its got load out of date addons ticked and that the addon your expecting is actually listed.

Last edited by Olorin : 01-06-09 at 08:37 AM.
01-06-09, 08:16 AM   #3
exeodius
A Murloc Raider
The button isnt there. on another note I extracted everything perfectly, no error and all of the files are there but the addons button isnt on the character select screen. Also the wow servers are down and it wont let me select one but that might be the problem. Can you only see addons after you selected a server?

Let me help you guys, the other files are located here
computer/c:/users/public/publicdocuments/blizzard entertainment/ Now there is a world of warcraft and world of warcraft installer file. in the plain wow file there is cache, logs, updates, bn update, and 3 patches. In the installer file there is the usual install files. my other question is will this effect the use of addons or not?

Last edited by exeodius : 01-06-09 at 08:26 AM.
01-06-09, 08:26 AM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm assuming you use vista. Look in /users path for wow, that's the new location wow actually starts from.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14762

That link gives more info.

EDIT: You can only see Addon button from the character select screen.
01-06-09, 08:49 AM   #5
exeodius
A Murloc Raider
ok so i cant really confirm yet if its not there until servers are up. I will post then, thank you for the link. But yeah ive already read that one, didnt really help much. Im wondering if the install files and updates in a different folder are hindering my addons?
01-06-09, 09:10 AM   #6
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by exeodius View Post
ok so i cant really confirm yet if its not there until servers are up. I will post then, thank you for the link. But yeah ive already read that one, didnt really help much. Im wondering if the install files and updates in a different folder are hindering my addons?
Yes, in that link , there are sections pertaining to Vista and where to install addons. Install in the public wow addons path instead of your old programs path and they should work.
01-06-09, 09:18 AM   #7
exeodius
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Yes, in that link , there are sections pertaining to Vista and where to install addons. Install in the public wow addons path instead of your old programs path and they should work.
Well i took all the advice and have the game installed in the created games folder from the video. Well see if it works in a few hours... Stupid repairs on tuesday Wait what do you meen by public addons path, i dont have anything but patches and the installer in there. And its not in the program files X86 folder either so I shouldnt have to move anything...

Last edited by exeodius : 01-06-09 at 09:21 AM.
01-06-09, 09:24 AM   #8
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I'm assuming you use vista. Look in /users path for wow, that's the new location wow actually starts from.
This is not true if WoW was not installed there (it is the new default path, but only if the game was never installed or was originally installed in Program Files). If he installed it in \Games as he said he did, it won't be there.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
01-06-09, 09:26 AM   #9
exeodius
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
This is not true if WoW was not installed there (it is the new default path, but only if the game was never installed or was originally installed in Program Files). If he installed it in \Games as he said he did, it won't be there.
yes thankyou, i'm not sure if it is working 100% until the servers come up i will inform you guys then.
01-06-09, 03:11 PM   #10
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
Thanks Shirik, I was getting ready for work when I posted (and should have let someone with more time than myself help instead).

Sorry if I misled you Exeodius, my point was more that the game wasn't launching from the same path it used to, and the answer could probably be found in the link I posted to the sticky.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon button still hidden