03-06-09, 07:38 PM   #1
kilth2
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Minimap Mod

Ok I am thinking about learning how to code enough t create a map to use in my custom interface i will upload once i get it how i like it, however i was wanting to make a minimap mod that would act literally as a map of the world, it would allow you to zoom in and out as if you were looking at the actualy map, however it would also allow you to soom all of the way into the normal minimap, it is difficult to explain but I would like it to only show what is in the minimap area not the entire map somewhat like what carbonite quest does... If anoyne can explain how to do this or could help me write this addon post here or send me a PM
~Kilth~
03-06-09, 08:17 PM   #2
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
Kilth2,

Have never used any of the Carbonite products, but, based on your description, it sounds like you are looking to make something like Cartographer 3.

Take a look, it may provide much, if not all, of what you are trying to accomplish.

See http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ographer3.aspx for more.

Based on the feedback, many are interested in seeing the development continue, perhaps you would be the one to do so.

Best of luck,

Nikk
03-06-09, 08:23 PM   #3
kilth2
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Nechckn View Post
Kilth2,

Have never used any of the Carbonite products, but, based on your description, it sounds like you are looking to make something like Cartographer 3.

Take a look, it may provide much, if not all, of what you are trying to accomplish.

See http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ographer3.aspx for more.

Based on the feedback, many are interested in seeing the development continue, perhaps you would be the one to do so.

Best of luck,

Nikk
hmmmm.... the most intruiging part of looking at this addon was the part where it showed senjin village with it in almost a minimap form, however this would take quite a lot of work on my part (noob to addon making) but I could try to figure it out i will be going to look around at some of the code tonight to see if i could even comprehend it (i've done a few of the tutorials but didn't pick up on a lot of it) anyone else have any information regarding this, Thx ~kilth~

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Minimap Mod