08-14-09, 08:26 AM   #1
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Dam settings...

Ok here the deal, i have now done a UI layout i like on my resto sham, i made all the keybindings to globle and not toon, but i loged onto my AH alt, and she has NOT got the same UI lay out,

That nota big deal, but my other alts whold be the same, is there a easy way i can save my settings off my shamie to become globle?

Some of the changes i done is eited and moved the auction bars for use of a n52te,
Added in Autobar (one big bar of 20 buttons and 1 small bar of 5)
Added in Outfitter (one bar of 7 outfits and scripts for auto dressing (PvP, Main/off spec change, fishing, High ilvl gear (for bosses that need high ilvl gear :P) and a brithday suit (not naked but a pink dress...))
Moved the top 3 bars left so it useable.
Moved the tooltip to the other side, and moved what was on that side to the other side.
Added in Xloot and it plugins and poped them on the right side out the way.

So i got all the other addons set to account but i cant seem to get Nui to do the game :/

Is there a /nui ??? or somthing i can do on my shamie to set that as the master layout?

08-14-09, 08:34 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not that I am aware of. The only account wide changes I am aware of is to physically edit the layout files.

Looking at the TOC file I can see that the options and data savedvariables are saved per character and at the moment there isn't a load up from x character function available. Which, from looking at titan which does have that function, isn't able to be done with character level saved variables.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

08-14-09, 06:06 PM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's what I did to get nUI to be the same for all toons. PIck any toon you want as your master layout. Make all the changes you want and get the UI exactly the way you want it. The go into (for win xp at least) C:\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\YOURACCOUNTNAME\YOURSERVER\YOURTOONNAME\SavedVariables\ ONce there, you will want to copy the nUI.lua file and paste it to each toons \SavedVariables folder. It's not quick the first time around, but it works. Just remember that each time you make a change to your master layout toon, you will have to copy/paste again to make all toons that way.

If you do it ths way, you end up with all toons setup the same exact way and can still make individual changes.

08-16-09, 11:25 AM   #4
richwarf
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
ty i both, i edit the file again to see if that works, if not i do it at the toon level

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Dam settings...